Barclays Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Barclays Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays in October 2020.

Interview

First-round is a behavioral question interview with one VP at Barclays, the next round is the technical interview and others I am not sure. After the first round, my interviewer told me that you will have a tech interview soon, but no one contacted me after that.

Interview Questions

• Background and BQ questions like the biggest challenge, conflicts.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Whippany, NJ (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Had an initial call with the HR and was invited onsite to the Whippany office for an interview event. My interview went well. I even got a response from HR that interview feedback has been positive. However, he said to wait for few weeks as some reorg was going on, and then never got back. I sent a follow up email multiple times, but there was no response later.

Interview Questions

• REST API, Java Threading, Design Pattern related basic questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very asinine had a feeling that the manager was getting a cut from some of the preferred vendors though his team likes real good candidates they would not select you if you dont come from the company that they intend to.

Interview Questions

• Core template questions and algorithms   1 Answer
    • how would you design a 3 dimensional topic in Kafka and what is the hypothetical use for the same?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Technical phone call for an hour. Then 3 technical interviews on-site. All questions were algorithm & data structures. Definitely prepare for these questions, I labeled it average because I had been studying for about 2 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview started with a short talk about my previous experience according to the resume, then moved on to a "write a function" test on a shared screen (sorted merge), the interviewer asked a couple of technical questions. We had a nice talk about pitfalls of Java memory management in the context of low latency environment then I asked about the position and we cut it short as it appeared to be something I was not really interested in.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

It was very brief, and it covered a lot of material that I hadn’t seen before witch threw me off from what I thought the interview would be,it was just different.

Developer Interview

Interview

First round contained a HireVue interview which contained coding, behavioral and quantitative type questions. The mail they sent indicated that it would be more behavioral and the coding questions were unexpected. And the entire interview was quite long

Interview Questions

• 5 coding questions asked out of which 4 were dynamic programming   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in January 2017.

Interview

Terrible and very time consuming interview process. Applied online and had to complete a Business Insight Assessment. After that step, I was invited to take a HireVue online assessment, which was 5 coding questions, 12 reading articles and analyzing graph questions, 5 video response questions (one doesn't count), and 2 type a response/email to a scenario questions. You'll be drained by the end of it and it's a classic example of a company being very cheap during the interview process. At the end of it, I don't even want to work at Barclays anymore.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Nothing special, typical corporate things. One team hires for another, because probably others left. In person interview - tell me about yourself etc, then with algos, data structures and some board coding things. Met with few arrogant people during the interview. For some reason they think they smart then everybody else and this kind of attitude is during entire interview, it makes experience really negative after all.

Interview Questions

• * reverse a string
      * write some stupid application to get output of du
      * keep top 100 max in coming queue
      * singleton pattern (thread safety etc)
      * database things - triggers, procedures views etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Mainly technical question from a list in excel, starting from basic concepts and moving on to more complex things. DB, OOP, Services... Learn the basics and review as many questions from theory as you can

Interview Questions

got a better offer from other company

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.