Barclays Community Banker - Essential Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Barclays Community Banker - Essential Banking Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

2.8

Community Banker - Essential Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

It was all done electronically due to COVID-19 but it was all done so professionally and they made me feel very at ease. The questions were explained excellently and if not understood examples were given.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when I dealt with a agitated/angry customer in the past?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England).

Interview

Applied online - did online assessment that was instantly sent to me - received a call about 4/5 days later to discuss the actual role and more compatibility questions then was told I passed that and was to do a online interview that would at about half hour - received a call a few days after that to say I got the job - pre employment checks took about 2 weeks

Apply
    Online assessment
    Phone interview
    Online interview
    Pre employment checks

Online interview was challenging because they were questions I never been asked before, luckily I had real scenarios from past experiences that I could use - definitely use the STAR technique and don’t forget to SMILE!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to say no but used your initiative to go and help the customer   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time when you worked as a team and brought forward your ideas   Answer Question

Community Banker - Essential Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

After initial application, there are online assessments. If successful at these you will be invited for a telephone interview and then a face to face interview. Financial Checks are required.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

Applied online which was straightforward. I uploaded my CV and cover letter. I then had to do an online test which only included a verbal reasoning test and situational judgement. The verbal reasoning test was timed (30 questions, 20 mins). I only managed to answer just over half of the verbal reasoning questions but still got invited to a face to face interview.

Face to face interview was one week later.

Face to face interview was in St.Albans branch with branch manager. He introduced himself and explained that the interview was in 3 parts- I introduce myself, he would ask 7 competency questions, i ask questions.

He asked me 'tell me about yourself'. He asked how I traveled to the interview (he wanted someone who lives less than an hour away). Why banking?

7 competency questions. (I received descriptions of the competencies by email as soon as I booked an interview.) Main competencies for community banker are control environment (risk), Interpersonal skills and Technical skills -(customer service, digital savvy, planning/organising)

Control environment question: When have you had to follow guidelines

Customer service: when have you convinced someone to buy a product (He wanted someone with strong sales experience)

Tell me about a time when you did not show a customer how you were feeling

Describe a weakness you have overcome. What made you want to overcome it?

When have you worked in a team? When have you implemented a suggestion from someone else.

Digital savvy: when have you recommended an app to someone

When have you had your performance measured. (He wanted someone who has been in a job where you have meetings with your manager to review whether you are hitting targets and selling enough).

Unfortunately I did not get an offer. At the interview I asked whether there was anything that would make him hesitant to offer me the role. He was very honest and said I have not got much sales experience and experience of having my performance measured. He said people who come from a sales background do well at the job.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to follow guidelines   1 Answer

Community Banker - Essential Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

First, i had online assessment which they said, the result will hold good for the next six months, if i need to apply to other vacancies.
    I got through and was asked to book an face to face interview with them. 2 managers of different branches interviewed me. They kept me comfortable and asked ques about myself and usual past experiences. Then finally they'd put me into pool.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had difference of opinion with your senior or your colleague and how did you handle it ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Sunderland, North East England, England) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online. I was interviewed in October 2019 and was offered the job the same month. I was sent the job contract and i signed it. Then the Screening Process began. I was scheduled to start work on March 16th 2020, to give them time to complete the screening process. I gave them every information they asked for and shared very personal details about myself to aid the Onboarding Team. I received an email a week before i was scheduled to begin work that the offer has been rescinded. No explanation offered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have convinced someone to use a new piece of techology?   1 Answer

Barclays Response

12 May 2020 – Head of Resourcing

I am so sorry this process took so long and has resulted in a negative outcome for you. I do not know why your screening process took such a long time as usually it is only a few weeks at the most and happens when candidates are working their notice with any previous employers. My assumption is that, as you were due to start when the Covid pandemic was just commencing, we had to review our vacancies as we were protecting the employment of current colleagues. I really hope you have managed to secure another role to build and develop your career.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Up to 5 competency questions were asked in which the theme of the questions were linked to risk management and customer service. When answering, two individuals took notes. It was very easy and seamless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chippenham, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Chippenham, South West England, England) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview was reasonably laid back, I was interviewed by the branch manager and another manager from a nearby branch. The questions took roughly 30mins, I was asked about my previous experience that could relate to the role.

Interview Questions

• What is a skill you realised you had in a previous role and how has that helped you develop?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Bristol, England) in February 2019.

Interview

The Interviewers were extremely friendly and asked competency based questions. At the start of the interview, I was required to submit my identity and right to work documents. After the documents were scanned, the interview was conducted and lasted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Questions were around Barclay's values and how I have exhibited them in my previous roles and/or personal life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunstable, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Dunstable, England) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied for the role online at the Barclays career section. Was requested to complete an online assessment which included a 30 min section on situation judgement and a 17 minute section on verbal reasoning. If done successfully i was given a time slot to attend a Face-to-face interview. This interview lasted 30 min and included several questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time where you had to follow a specific procedure given to you, how did you carry it out and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Give a time where you had to change your tone or speech in order to give the better service, what did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.