Find jobs for Community Banker - Essential Banking

Barclays Community Banker Essential Banking Interview Questions

Updated 8 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 41 of over 3.1K interviews

In Person3%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Barclays

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barclays in Dec 2020

Interview

Completed application online on the Barclays website and was contacted the next day by phone by a recruitment agency. They asked me a couple of general questions about why I applied for the role. I was then asked to record a video interview. There was about 10 questions and you could re-record your answers. I was told I would hear a response within 24 hours but I didn’t hear back.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time building a relationship meant you could carry out a task
    Answer Question
  • Give me an example of when you’ve had to work to a deadline

Barclays

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Barclays

Interview

It was all done electronically due to COVID-19 but it was all done so professionally and they made me feel very at ease. The questions were explained excellently and if not understood examples were given.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example when I dealt with a agitated/angry customer in the past?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England, England)

Interview

Applied online - did online assessment that was instantly sent to me - received a call about 4/5 days later to discuss the actual role and more compatibility questions then was told I passed that and was to do a online interview that would at about half hour - received a call a few days after that to say I got the job - pre employment checks took about 2 weeks Apply Online assessment Phone interview Online interview Pre employment checks Online interview was challenging because they were questions I never been asked before, luckily I had real scenarios from past experiences that I could use - definitely use the STAR technique and don’t forget to SMILE!!!!!

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a time you had to say no but used your initiative to go and help the customer
  • Tell us a time when you worked as a team and brought forward your ideas
1 person found this interview helpful

Barclays

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays

Interview

After initial application, there are online assessments. If successful at these you will be invited for a telephone interview and then a face to face interview. Financial Checks are required.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England, England) in Dec 2019

Interview

Applied online which was straightforward. I uploaded my CV and cover letter. I then had to do an online test which only included a verbal reasoning test and situational judgement. The verbal reasoning test was timed (30 questions, 20 mins). I only managed to answer just over half of the verbal reasoning questions but still got invited to a face to face interview. Face to face interview was one week later. Face to face interview was in St.Albans branch with branch manager. He introduced himself and explained that the interview was in 3 parts- I introduce myself, he would ask 7 competency questions, i ask questions. He asked me 'tell me about yourself'. He asked how I traveled to the interview (he wanted someone who lives less than an hour away). Why banking? 7 competency questions. (I received descriptions of the competencies by email as soon as I booked an interview.) Main competencies for community banker are control environment (risk), Interpersonal skills and Technical skills -(customer service, digital savvy, planning/organising) Control environment question: When have you had to follow guidelines Customer service: when have you convinced someone to buy a product (He wanted someone with strong sales experience) Tell me about a time when you did not show a customer how you were feeling Describe a weakness you have overcome. What made you want to overcome it? When have you worked in a team? When have you implemented a suggestion from someone else. Digital savvy: when have you recommended an app to someone When have you had your performance measured. (He wanted someone who has been in a job where you have meetings with your manager to review whether you are hitting targets and selling enough). Unfortunately I did not get an offer. At the interview I asked whether there was anything that would make him hesitant to offer me the role. He was very honest and said I have not got much sales experience and experience of having my performance measured. He said people who come from a sales background do well at the job.

Interview Questions
  • When have you had to follow guidelines
2 people found this interview helpful

Barclays

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays

Interview

First, i had online assessment which they said, the result will hold good for the next six months, if i need to apply to other vacancies. I got through and was asked to book an face to face interview with them. 2 managers of different branches interviewed me. They kept me comfortable and asked ques about myself and usual past experiences. Then finally they'd put me into pool.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a situation where you had difference of opinion with your senior or your colleague and how did you handle it ?

Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Barclays (Sunderland, North East England, England, England) in Oct 2019

Interview

I applied online. I was interviewed in October 2019 and was offered the job the same month. I was sent the job contract and i signed it. Then the Screening Process began. I was scheduled to start work on March 16th 2020, to give them time to complete the screening process. I gave them every information they asked for and shared very personal details about myself to aid the Onboarding Team. I received an email a week before i was scheduled to begin work that the offer has been rescinded. No explanation offered.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you have convinced someone to use a new piece of techology?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England, England) in Jul 2019

Interview

Up to 5 competency questions were asked in which the theme of the questions were linked to risk management and customer service. When answering, two individuals took notes. It was very easy and seamless.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Newry, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Barclays (Newry, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland) in Mar 2019

Interview

Concise and conversational, the manager conducted the interview with another member of staff taking notes. It was very comfortable and almost informal style of experience based questions. The interview was over in about 30 mins

Interview Questions
  • There were 5 situational based questions e.g tell me a time when you overcame and obstacle/ worked in a team/ lead a team.

Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chippenham, South West England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Chippenham, South West England, England, England) in Feb 2019

Interview

The interview was reasonably laid back, I was interviewed by the branch manager and another manager from a nearby branch. The questions took roughly 30mins, I was asked about my previous experience that could relate to the role.

Interview Questions
  • What is a skill you realised you had in a previous role and how has that helped you develop?
1 person found this interview helpful