InterSystems Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InterSystems Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at InterSystems

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

The interview process was a quick test of questions which you are not allowed to take ever again, even in subsequent years. Therefore, if you rush or do poorly on the test the first time you will never work at Intersystems. Kind of a poor system.

Interview Questions

• Just a test with weird questions which were obfuscations of basic CS concepts   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for InterSystems

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at InterSystems in October 2016.

Interview

Took a technical test based on a made up functional programming languages and asked to answer questions given descriptions of the language. Didn't seem too tricky until the end, although the time limit made the experience a bit more stressful. I thought it was interesting to be put in a completely knew situation rather than asked about data structures or algorithms.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems in March 2017.

Interview

First took a Predictive Index Survey, then Technical Employment Test, and finally a Professional Employment Test. Once I had passed all three of those, I had a 45 minute phone interview with 3 managers.

Interview Questions

• What are 4 words your friends would use to describe you   Answer Question
    • Describe the most challenging time in your life, and how you got through it   Answer Question
    • Is there any experience you did not include on your resume that you find relevant   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterSystems in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online; they got back to me and asked me to take a few tests. One was a coding test, along the lines of "here are some rules for this new language. Given those, what would this code do?" Overall, I thought it was very easy--obviously there was no way to check how I did, but I'm pretty sure I got almost all or all of them right. However, I never heard back from them--not even a "thanks but no thanks". The entire experience wasn't very personal/friendly, and after not hearing back I didn't bother to follow up since obviously they weren't extremely invested in their candidates.

Interview Questions

• Given only the following rules for this new language, what would this code do? (more of a 'can you follow directions and interpret instructions correctly' test than an actual 'what do you know' thing).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Asked to take online assessments: PI survey, TET, and PET. Passed PI and TET round. Did not pass PET round. Honestly felt the TET was a but harder due to the nature of functional programming. PET did have odd questions that I felt were open to interpretation, with slight conflicts to mathematical logic.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems in April 2017.

Interview

It was a very straightforward hiring process that began with three assessments (1 technical, 1 logic-based, 1 personality). After passing those three, I had a phone call interview with three of the managers at Intersystems. Overall, the process took about two-three months.

Interview Questions

• Please select five words that your friends would use to describe you.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Test consists of logic questions. It asks you to think about coding in a custom language, since the company uses a one. You are not allowed to re-apply so this is a pretty important test.

Interview Questions

• None of the individual questions were that difficult given a basic knowledge of computer science/logic. But if you spend just a little too much time on questions, you could run out of time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Before the application, there were 3 online tests: personality, technical and logical. The last one is the most challenging. By the results of these tests the interviewers will call you and ask many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, my experience and different things to find out more about me   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at InterSystems in October 2017.

Interview

They gave me two tests to take online, one predictive index test and one technical test. The predictive index test just gave a list of personality traits and asked to check off how I think other people would describe me and how I would describe myself. The technical test was a 20 question multiple choice test where they give you basic concepts of a made up programming languages and have you answer questions about them. If you pass the technical test then you're given a third test, a professional employment test, which tests you on your cognitive abilities with reading comprehension, logic, problem solving, and data interpretation questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems in January 2018.

Interview

Was given a series of online tests and phone interviews. Asked me to figure out what code from a language they made outputs. Overall, pretty easy, but high variance (any mistake is costly).

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.