InterSystems Support Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InterSystems Support Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at InterSystems

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

I applied online for a technical training position and was asked to complete three assessments of personality and technical aptitude. These were all quick and I actually found the technical assessment to be somewhat enjoyable having been out of the field for a little while. After passing this first stage, I had several conversations with the recruiter about my goals and interests and we mutually agreed support would be a better fit. I was brought in for a first round of interviews and met with a vp and head of support. A couple weeks later I was able to come in to meet with a couple of current support advisers to gain a better sense of the position which was incredibly helpful. The recruiter stayed in touch with me through the whole process and was patient with my goal of receiving word from grad schools before accepting an offer anywhere.

Interview Questions

• The technical test involving learning a programming language was challenging having been out of touch with it   1 Answer

Negotiation

Smooth, I stated my goals and they were met.

Other Interview Reviews for InterSystems

Support Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

First, there's a personality and aptitude test for screening purposes. If they like the results and your resume, then an interview will be scheduled. I had three interviews total. For the first two, I talked to a minimum of three person. The last one was with one of the executives. The process can be long (I was told about 8 weeks and it ended up being more like 3 months from when I first met the recruiter). However, HR does a good job of keeping you updated if you ask them about the process.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer pulled out my personality results and found them "interesting", so I had to explain certain facets of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given one figure and simply asked if there was some wiggle room. The recruiter said that she would see, and responded with a salary that was $8k higher.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

Applied online. The first step was 3 online tests - one personality, one programming, and one moreso general knowledge. Then, there was a phone interview with the technical recruiter, followed by an on-site interview where I spoke with three different people, then another later interview with a vice president. During the last interview I was told I would probably be getting an offer after approval of the CEO.

Interview Questions

• After passing the tests there were no particularly difficult technical questions, mostly just learning about the position and the company and was asked questions about myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given the offer and asked if it sounded okay to me - there was no attempt for negotiation since at the time I had no other offers on the table.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied on their website and was contacted by their recruiter within a few days. I had a short phone interview with the recruiter. He asked why I was looking for a new job, and asked a question about my resume. Then he gave a brief overview of the company/products. After this, he emailed me links to three online tests: Personality, Cognitive Skills, and Programming. The programming test presented a made-up language very similar to Meditech Magic or MUMPS. Do the questions in order, since each builds on the previous questions. After passing the tests I had one interview on-site, then I was asked back for a block of 4 1-hour interviews with different people. The interviewers were all very nice, and for the most part it just felt like casual conversations where I explained what I was looking for, and learned about the position. Only one interviewer really put me on the spot with tough questions. Nobody mentioned the personality test. I got the impression that they were looking for 1) technical/problem solving ability 2) good communication skills.

Up to this point the process was moving quickly; now it slowed down. I was asked for references, then I heard that they wanted to make an offer but had to get approvals. This took a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Go up to the whiteboard and give a 5-min presentation on a technical subject of your choice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked for my salary requirements and they were OK with the amount I gave, so there was no negotiation.Their compensation is a bit unusual. There is a base salary, then on top of that there is a fixed yearly bonus. Based on your performance review score, you get different percentages of the bonus... almost like a commission.

Support Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

Communication was friendly over email. Was asked to take a series of three online tests before proceeding with interviews. Tests were relatively straightforward but immediate feedback was not given. Notified me I did not make the cut based on these tests. I was confident in my performance, seems like they have ridiculously high standards to even get an interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.