InterSystems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InterSystems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at InterSystems

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I was given three online tests, which were like a GRE exam. Then I had a 15 min phone interview, which went through my resume. I passed all tests but was not selected to next interview with no reason.

Interview Questions

• Given an unfamiliar programing language and instruction, ask you about the syntax and basic logic   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for InterSystems

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

2 round online assessment, you have to pass the first and then you would receive the second. Then a 15 min HR phone interview talk about your experience and introduction about the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume through an acquaintance who works there and received an email from the recruiter the same day. We agreed to a date to have a conversation. The recruiter told me about the structure of their development teams and what products they have, what the corporate culture is like. He told me that I’d need to take 3 tests, which I could take online.
    The first was a personality test which is not timed. It took me about 15 or 20 minutes to complete. The second was a PET test which measures cognitive aptitude. It was 20 questions in 45 minutes. The last was a TET test which consisted of 20 questions, each of which introduces a new concept of a (seemingly fictional) computer language and then asks questions about applying what you learn. You have 35 minutes. Time is a factor in getting this one done. I had one question left when I ran out of time, but I thought I did OK with the other questions. However, I received an email the day after that I had not scored high enough to proceed onto interviews, and that if the requirement score should decrease over a period of 2 years, I’d be contacted. This was upsetting because I’ve worked with InterSystems’ products for many years and have good qualifications, but was derailed by having a bad day on the test(s). It’s really unfortunate that they don’t take other things into consideration, especially when you have a lot of experience with their flagship product.

Interview Questions

• I did not have an opportunity to be asked any questions, because I did not score high enough on the test(s) to proceed to the interview level.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems in July 2017.

Interview

After applying I had to schedule 3 online assessment tests with them, as well as having to email them when they were all finished with the last answer from the last test as a "related exercise" to "evaluate your attention to detail and thoroughness".

This felt like antiquated corporate bureaucracy but I went along with it. The tests were a short behavioral quiz, a "Professional Employment Test", and a coding test with an arbitrary new language to see if you could pick it up in a short amount of time. The last two were apparently not able to handle being taken using Chrome, as repeated warnings told.

The "Professional Employment Test" was mostly charts and word problems about things irrelevant to software engineers, mostly testing basic algebra and ability to figure out badly organized charts. It really didn't seem to be fitting for the position. The coding test was ostensibly to figure out if you understood low-level basic concepts well enough to pick up a new language, but so much of it was dependant on previous answers that one confused concept could probably fail you entirely.

I did not "meet [their] mark on the qualifying screening assessment" so that was it. They did not tell me which of the three I didn't meet their mark on, but it kind of feels like I dodged a bullet regardless.

Interview Questions

• Given this poorly organized chart, decipher the omitted values based on other information.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at InterSystems in April 2017.

Interview

Gave me two links to do first, the first one was about personality, very short. The second is more technical. Though it was not hard, I screwed up due to inexperience.

Interview Questions

• Tell you the rules of a new programming language and ask you choose questions based on the rules.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Their HR contacted me in one week and sent me some instructions regarding to the assessment test. After I finished the first round of assessment is finished they reviewed for a day, and said the result did not reach their mark.

Interview Questions

• Give you a set of grammar rules, and ask you the result of code written in those grammar.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems in January 2017.

Interview

This interview takes three online assessments. One for personality, one for techniques and the last one is for behavior. Passed all three tests and they say they would match if there is a position, this process may take several weeks. However, they have not contacted me afterward.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

Took three tests. Passed all of them and is currently in the interview process. They gave a bunch of SAT-like questions. You will be given a new functional programming language and then have to figure it out by yourself. Not too hard overall.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

applied through university. 3 different oa. About logical and language. No coding problem. Kind of wondering why they chose these problems for a developer. Rejected after the third oa.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

There was no interview as such. There were a total of 3 rounds of tests. One round was personality based questions, One was logical and one was technical questions based on the rules of their own language. The tests were average . After I passed all the tests I got an email saying that the hiring managers did not find my resume a good fit!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.