InterSystems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InterSystems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at InterSystems

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

It went on for a couple of months, with multiple phone interviews and then finally an on-site interview. The phone interviews were with 5-6 different teams from product development to data platforms because it was a rotational program. In the on-site interview I also had to talk to the Data platforms VP.

Interview Questions

• SQL queries, explain any one technical concept on the whiteboard behind you.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for InterSystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

First part was completing 3 online assessments that tested your problem solving abilities as well as assessed your personality traits.

Second part was a short phone screening with a recruiter.

Third part was a full-day onsite, where you get meet with 7 different people from 7 different development teams. Most of these questions were behavioral / seeing if there is a fit between you and that team, but there were some technical questions.

Ultimately, the hiring decision is up to the CEO, who gets all of the information passed along by the hiring team.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a linked list   Answer Question
    • How to test programs and think about edge cases   Answer Question
    • Database design questions; how would you make sure the most recent entries come up first over later entries.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied through the university career site. Had 3 exams, one coding test, one personality test and one logistic test. After the three exams had a phone interview which did not pass.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Online round (questions to test your aptitude and English knowledge and set of questions based on some given rules ) followed by onsite interviews(8 rounds of technical interviews consisting of OOPS concepts, Database, Software Processes, DevOps and other topics / projects from your resume)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems in September 2019.

Interview

I applied for the role online and got PI and logic assessments in two weeks. I got rejected right after I finished the tests. No feedback was provided. I don't really know what kind of people they are looking for, but it seems like plenty of applicants fail the assessments and are not get an interview.

no feedback.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiters. Past the two exams, was not selected due to lack of experiences.
    The company doesn't seem involve in latest tech, and overall they judge on experiences more than they advertised judge on problem-solving ability.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

applied through university. 3 different oa. About logical and language. No coding problem. Kind of wondering why they chose these problems for a developer. Rejected after the third oa.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

They make you do three online tests, and if you pass you get an onsite interview with 7 different people for a full day. The on site was not too difficult, be prepared to talk about your background and what makes you want to work at this company.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about how you would test various C programs   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume through an acquaintance who works there and received an email from the recruiter the same day. We agreed to a date to have a conversation. The recruiter told me about the structure of their development teams and what products they have, what the corporate culture is like. He told me that I’d need to take 3 tests, which I could take online.
    The first was a personality test which is not timed. It took me about 15 or 20 minutes to complete. The second was a PET test which measures cognitive aptitude. It was 20 questions in 45 minutes. The last was a TET test which consisted of 20 questions, each of which introduces a new concept of a (seemingly fictional) computer language and then asks questions about applying what you learn. You have 35 minutes. Time is a factor in getting this one done. I had one question left when I ran out of time, but I thought I did OK with the other questions. However, I received an email the day after that I had not scored high enough to proceed onto interviews, and that if the requirement score should decrease over a period of 2 years, I’d be contacted. This was upsetting because I’ve worked with InterSystems’ products for many years and have good qualifications, but was derailed by having a bad day on the test(s). It’s really unfortunate that they don’t take other things into consideration, especially when you have a lot of experience with their flagship product.

Interview Questions

• I did not have an opportunity to be asked any questions, because I did not score high enough on the test(s) to proceed to the interview level.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I was given three online tests, which were like a GRE exam. Then I had a 15 min phone interview, which went through my resume. I passed all tests but was not selected to next interview with no reason.

Interview Questions

• Given an unfamiliar programing language and instruction, ask you about the syntax and basic logic   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.