Paddle Senior Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated 28 Nov 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 44 interviews

In Person17%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England) in Oct 2018

Interview

I was very interested in the company but the recruitment process completely changed my mind. I first spoke to an internal recruiter: a useless call as all she did is read my CV back to me for 20 minutes. I moved to a technical interview which was well organised and the interviewer was very kind asking relevant technical questions. I asked for feedback to the recruiter and heard nothing for 2 weeks, then I received a generic email to say the role was closed. That's it? I replied asking for personal feedback at least from the technical interview. As expected I heard nothing back. I have no idea where it went wrong or what to work on to improve. Unimpressed.

Interview Questions
  • So? You know JavaScript and React? (yes. It's on my CV!)
    1 Answer
  • What is the difference between CommonJS and AMD? (Technical interview)
  • Can you tell me what you know about CSS Animations? (Technical interview)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England) in Mar 2018

Interview

Phone call with a non technical HR person. I didn't see the point of this as she was basically going thru my CV and reading it out to me. Since then she hasn't come back to me with any feedback. Not the way to give a good impression of the company!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England) in Mar 2018

Interview

I applied via recruiter who found my profile on Linkedin I believe. There were 4 steps in total: a phone call from recruiter a phone screening with one of developers long dev interview in the office (1-1.5 hours) non-dev interview with different people (no idea why this one was needed) About 2 weeks in total. Dev interview seemed quite easy for me, I'd say it's more for Middle-level Software Engineer than for Senior. The whole process was very good, I was informed about every step I should make. All people I've met were very friendly. Very good experience.

Interview Questions
  • Design the system like Amazon on high level + pair programming: fix the test

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England) in Dec 2017

Interview

I applied directly through Paddle's website and heard back from the internal recruiter a couple of days later. The process was as follows: - Phone call with the internal recruiter - Technical phone screening with an Engineer - Final in-person interview with two Engineers and the Engineering Manager

Interview Questions
  • Describe what data objects might be needed when designing a hotel booking system

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England) in Dec 2017

Interview

Met Paddle at their booth a Silicon Milk Roundabout and gave them my details. Got a call from their Talent Acquisition Manager a week or so later who asked me a few questions about my experience and what I was looking for. This was followed up a few days by a technical phone interview with one of the engineers. I got feedback on that interview later that day and had an on site interview organised for the next week. The on site interview was with 2 Senior Engineers and the Engineering Manager. They quizzed me about previous jobs and skill that I had on my CV. I was then asked to solve 3 different problems on a whiteboard. They came back to me with an offer within a day of the interview. Overall the process was smooth and the communication was good every step of the way.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England) in Oct 2017

Interview

- Interviewed by two senior developers and the CTO. - Briefly going over some of the contents of my CV, focusing on experiences rather than specific bits of technology. - A lengthy whiteboard session going over first algorithms and then object oriented modelling. - A five minute chat with two employees not on the tech team. - Some final discussion with one of the senior developers. - A tour around the office.

Interview Questions
  • Given two words such as "orchestra" and "carthorse", how can you show that they are anagrams?
  • Can you model the classes needed for an auction system like eBay?
RSS Feed</>Embed