Salesforce Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Recruiter reached through LinkedIn. Telephonic conversation with them. Scheduled telephonic coding interview. Interviewer didn’t showed up, needed to reschedule. Next time I got some important work so missed it. Then sent an email to recruiter to reschedule. Received response from recruiter that they are moving ahead with other candidates. I

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied via friend reference. I was contacted few days after and my recruiting coordinator got all info about me and my next role wishes. I was contacted by few more technical recruiters for specific positions. It was regular process then, Hiring manager -> technical interview -> onsite -> offer.
    After talking with hiring manager I got 3 hours task on HackerRank. Not super hard, more design solution.
    I got an offer just a few hours after onsite. That was hilarious for this big company. I did not expect that so fast.
    Overall process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• there was 3 hours for implement their task. It was HackerRank task.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was initial HMgr Phone Interview. There were questions about my previous experience and other general questions. Lot of emphasis on how my previous experience suits the current job description.

Interview Questions

• Code high level class hierarchy to implement a Library system that includes Library book checkouts, returns, search based on title, partial title search, author, ISBN and other meta data.

There were questions about why I chose a particular Data structure and how it can scale in terms of future changes and Performance.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter , management and the team were all very professional and great to interact with . The process was very transparent , with updates on the process and also information on other potential candidates. After an online interview which involves coding , the next steps are team interview which are a mix of coding and design questions.

Interview Questions

• Data structure and algorithm related questions as well as design questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through internal referral program. Four steps involved in the interview process: phone call screen from hiring manager, 2hrs remote technical test, two on-site interviews( from two different teams). Overall, all the interviewers are well nice, knowledgeable, and response is very quick after interviews. Recruiters are very kind, and they will try to help you position to other teams if the feedback is positive from interview but the team gets better candidate.

Interview Questions

• Even this is development position, they asked a lot of QA testing question too.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

One phone screen + 6 people onsite interview. Ate lunch with hiring manager, all the people I met were very nice and friendly. Looking forward to joining the Salesforce Ohana.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions, all about the CS rudimentary knowledge. Met really nice people there. I will be really happy to join the Ohana.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth from applying it online, HR discussion, coding test, video call online technical discussion, in-person interview with 4 rounds of managerial/HR/technical discussions. Overall the process was seamless and enjoyed going through it with hardly any hurdles.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Salesforce   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from recruiter. She explained the role, the team for which the position was open for and asked some questions about my skill sets. She then scheduled a telephonic interview.
    The phone interview was on my current role, some design questions and some basic technical questions. He also explained their team roaster, modules on which they work on. I got an update after two days.

Next was remote programming round. I was given a problem statement and two hours to solve that problem. The coordinator explained the criteria that they would use to evaluate the solution. They look for use of proper design pattern, data structures, scaling, efficiency, completeness, etc. At the end of the test, the coordinator discussed the solution and asked what else I could done if I had some more time.

Next one was a on-site round. There was multiple rounds covering various aspects like coding, design, quality, scalability. The overall difficulty level was medium. Last one was the lunch/personal round where they gave me sufficient tiem to ask any question, understand my interest, why salesforce etc. Overall, it was a very good discussion.

The overall coordination from recruiter was very good. I can definitely say that it was one of the best interview experience I had so far.

Interview Questions

• Under NDA so can't explain much but it was more on data structure, OOP concepts, system design, quality, scalability, performance.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very dignified and fitting a Senior role. The interview focus was mainly on my capability to solve problems. There was an open discussion about the ways I could help them solve some of the problems they faced. There were questions about automation and monitoring. Interviewers talked about company culture and their experiences. Overall the interview experience was very good.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Hillsboro, OR (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

There were a couple of phone screens prior to scheduling an on-site interview. Each conversation went really well and comprised of a mix of personality, skills, philosophy questions and really felt like an informal getting to know you discussion, both in phone screens and the on-site group/panel interviews. Everyone was super friendly and asked thoughtful questions. I never once felt like someone was trying to surprise me with trick questions. I think the most awkward part of the entire process was the long wait between talks.

Interview Questions

• What is your release process?   1 Answer
    • Have you done much work on the Salesforce platform?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.