Salesforce Solutions Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Solutions Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.6

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process began after submitting my resume for a position. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter followed by several phone and in person interviews with the hiring manager. As the process continued I also interviewed with a higher level manager. The final step was to present to a Demo Panel.

Interview Questions

• How will your current experience provide value.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Solution Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

There were several rounds of interviews in the process. The phone interviews were with other Solution Engineers and practice directors. After moving through phone interviews, I progressed to the panel presentation which was an onsite demo presentation. There were three people in the room with me and another eight or so dialed in via Hangouts. The people in the presentation were significantly more and of different roles than who they originally told me would be attending, but I suppose expecting the unexpected might be part of the process. They asked really thoughtful questions about the demo while in character and also after the demo.

Interview Questions

• What are some best practices you bring to this role?   1 Answer

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screen with HR and than two Director's of Engineering. I was given a business case and a coach and asked to prepare a presentation and demonstration as well. Every step of the way my coach and my talent recruiter were available when I had questions. I really appreciated everyone's candor and availability. I never experienced an interview process like this.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my thoughts on switching industries from Healthcare/Med Devices to technology.   1 Answer

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward but had a few steps: 1) Recruiter Screening 2) Manager Phone Screen 3) VP Video Call 4) Presentation Prep Session 5) Group Panel Presentation

Interview Questions

• Why would someone buy Salesforce? Give me your elevator pitch.   Answer Question

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

My interview process was extremely thorough and overall a positive experience. I'll admit that things started off a little rocky as I was initially connected with a recruiter who was covering a completely different city than I was looking to be placed in, and in general seemed a little disengaged. Eventually though, I was introduced to a new recruiter and everything was smooth sailing from there!

After getting through the resume deep dive with the recruiter, the rest of the interview process felt *easy* in the sense that everybody I met with was so caring and simply wanted to have a conversation with me. Of course there were questions about work experiences and behavior type questions, but it was done in a way that was not templated and came naturally in the dialog. Overall I felt very supported by everybody I met with - it was like they were *helping* me land the job vs. trying to weed me out or put me through the wringer.

Including the screening with the recruiter, there were 5 total 1:1 interviews that ranged from the hiring manager, peer roles, as well as senior management. Lastly I was given a case study to review during an onsite panel/group interview that mimicked a client meeting. I would say the most difficult interviews were the initial screen with the recruiter (very thorough) and then the panel interview (higher pressure, challenging questions). With that being said, I felt comfortable throughout the entire process as I was was given a lot of supplementary support (blog posts, videos, articles, etc.) and even a coach to work with for the final round.

My advice to potential candidates - if you are truly a good fit for the company (culture, skill set, etc) don't get discouraged if you don't find an opportunity on your first try. I was screened for 2 different positions before we finally landed on the one that was "right" for both sides. Be transparent with your recruiter so that they can understand your needs/goals. Ask yourself - why do I want to work for Salesforce? Again if you're the right fit, it won't be a matter of *if*, just when.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce?   1 Answer
    • What do you see as your biggest challenge if you were to join Salesforce?   1 Answer
    • How do you balance working with different personalities + work styles?   1 Answer

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Remote, OR (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds. 1st was a phone screening, 2nd a video interview and last one was a case rounds. The interviewers made you feel comfortable and the questions were directed towards my experience and academic expertise.

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

There were seven interviews in total for the role. The majority were about 30-45 minute discussions with different team members -- some more Sales oriented and some more technically oriented. Most of the discussion was around "why Salesforce" and talking about how my background would fit into the Solution Engineering team (note I am not from a sales engineering background).

The final round of interviews was a panel presentation at one of the SFO offices in front of the team. The team role played a fictional organization facing a challenge and my role was to pitch Salesforce as the appropriate solution. The presentation was about 30-35 minutes long, including a demo of Salesforce, and I left about 10 minutes for question and answer at the end. Questions were more technical than expected, and I'm definitely glad that I had a background in Salesforce to answer them.

Interview Questions

• Is Salesforce something that we could implement ourselves? (asked during the panel presentation)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Process was pretty long, I went onsite multiple times for interviews the last step is a demo of the solution. They really set you up for success but the process was really long.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a mix between cultural fit, technical aptitude, and overall interest in joining Salesforce. The first few interviews are standard/conversation interviews and the final interview is a panel presentation. The panel presentation consists of interpreting a case study, creating a presentation, and tailoring the Salesforce Sales Cloud app to address the business needs described.

Interview Questions

• What previous technical pre-sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was as most people described. Recruiter call, manager call, and then a panel demo and presentation.

I honestly have never been more impressed/happy with an interview process. Each step of the way it felt as though they were HELPING me to get the job and never made it feel as though I had to impress them.

My recruiter, Nikki Desai, was incredible and went above and beyond constantly to make sure I was informed and comfortable. I really felt like part of the team from the very beginning.

Interview Questions

• "This seems just like more of a headache for me as a sales rep. More ways for my manager to micro-manage and more time for me to get things done, how does it help?"   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.