Thomson Reuters Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Thomson Reuters Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Interview

5 interviews, all the way up to Senior management. Useful questions, a variety of managers, project managers and engineers helped with the interviews. 5 interviews, all the way up to Senior management. Useful questions, a variety of managers, project managers and engineers helped with the interviews. 5 interviews, all the way up to Senior management. Useful questions, a variety of managers, project managers and engineers helped with the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle escalated projects that are on the verge of failing and the customers are unhappy?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward, initial phone screen followed by a round of in-person interviews. Getting to the in-person interviews took longer than expected as the manager or director was on vacation, but the HR recruiter was great about keeping in contact to let me know I was still being considered. The on-site interviews took a full day - I met with all the managers on the team and then each of the people on the team as well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected was asked, basically the standard "tell me about a time you faced this situation" kind of questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Detroit, MI (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company career site and was contacted for a phone interview. The interview took approximately 30 minutes and was conducted by a recruiter over the phone. I also had an employee referral so that helped. I found out about the opportunity a few weeks after it was posted so I was a bit too late because it sounded like they had already made a decision on another candidate. The recruiter was very good and said they definitely wanted me to apply again for similar positions and hoped to place me soon. The questions were thorough and focused on my background as well as what they were looking for specifically for the current posting.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background and then asked to explain a challenge I overcame in my previous position. Talked about what the next steps if I were to proceed with the process would be. Pretty standard interview-type questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, then in house with 5 people. Asked a lot of negative questions during the in house interviews, some of the interviewers did not seem prepared, and was late to the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what are your salary requirements   Answer Question

4 Mar 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations. If you would like to provide us with additional details... More

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was quick and I was accepted into the second round of in-person interviews. I got a call the night before letting me know it was cancelled due to a hiring freeze. I reapplied, like the recruiter suggested, as soon as the position opened and haven't heard anything for months. I have even contacted the recruiter twice to check in and absolutely nothing...

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

28 Apr 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the... More

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Started with phone screen with recruiter, then in person with hiring manager, phone screen with leadership member and final with in person with leadership member. Recruiter did a great job of informing me what next steps would be and timing of feedback.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic - tell me about experience and here's info on the role   Answer Question

25 Mar 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Interview

After applying I was contacted to do a HireVue video interview screening. I did the interview and received an email saying not to respond to it because it went to an unchecked mailbox and someone would contact me. Nobody has contacted me either way. Very frustrating to be left hanging.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

22 Feb 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to learn more about your experience... More

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

3 stage process. Final interview was 1 hour presentation which required several days preparation.

Interview Questions

• Essentially hiring manager asking 'how would you do my job differently?' although not quite framed as directly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England) in September 2010.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by half day of interviews including one with line manager, one case study and one presentation

Interview Questions

• Case study: Was given an example project that required scoping and a pretend RFP preparation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England) in October 2012.

Interview

First applied through the company website and got a reply stating that my salary expectations were too high for the role. However a few weeks later the hiring manager called me to arrange for an interview.
    Attended the interview and, although I wanted the job, I found it unsettling that I was being interviewed by my future manager and one of my future reports ant the same time.

Interview Questions

• (from my potentially future report): how much of a disciplinarian are you?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.