Thomson Reuters Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Thomson Reuters Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2.7

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Very quick and detailed. The hiring manager was very responsive and communicative. There was a phone interview and two in person interviews. I've interviewed for a former role and did not get the offer, but with this hiring manager the process was really quick.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

15 Apr 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're so glad that you have decided to join the Thomson Reuters team!

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Was relaxed. Started with phone screen which involved discussing pros and cons of different data structures and then moved to on site where I was asked to compute k closest elements to origin and discuss tradeoffs of using different data structures.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Abstract class and Interface   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

The experience was quite friendly, they are punctual and very professional people. Mainly they focus on assessing the potential of the candidate, and the questions were oriented both to experience and theoretical knowledge.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The process took a bit longer than expected. There was a several week delay between phone screen and in person interview. The in-person interview consisted of a technical interview and an interview with one of the managers for the area. After the interview I was ghosted and received no response on whether I got the position or not. This type of behavior is unacceptable and I have no respect for this practice.

Interview Questions

• Typical software engineer stuff along with a few strange google style questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Terrible Communication, they do not respond to emails. Would not recommend anyone interview here, it is a waste of time. If they ignore people imagine how they feel about their employees. Absolutely horrible experience.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

29 Nov 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that you had a negative experience and would like to learn more about why that was. If you would like to provide us with additional feedback, please email us at human.resources@tr.com. Thanks again and we hope to hear from you soon.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview wasn't hard and it was like I was having a conversation and I learned so much from the interview.
    I interviewed with a software engineer and asked him questions on the type of clients they worked with.
    I also talked about the hackathons I worked with.
    If you don't have so much job experience, talk about the side projects you have worked on.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the projects I worked on.
      Programming language.
      No technical question   Answer Question

25 Oct 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was about 45 minutes. There was only one interviewer and he was very friendly. There were almost no technical question. We mostly talked about my experiences and my side projects that I did beside classes' projects.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on an existing project with large code base before?   Answer Question

12 Jul 2018 – Digital Marketing Intern

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a short interview, and not too hard. I was recommended by a current employee, and did not have too much experience, so maybe they went easy on me.

Interview Questions

• Given two numbers, how can you transfer the value of one to the other without using a third variable?   3 Answers

19 Oct 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got contacted by a recruiter, then phone screen. After those, I was given a coding exercise to finish in a week. The exercise took me a couple of hours. The last step was meeting the team on site for about 3 hours. Half of it was about the coding exercise, the other half was getting to know each other. The process was pretty comfortable - the exact opposite of the "inquisition" style other companies tend to do. All the folks there are genuinely nice.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

8 Jun 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you have any questions, please reach out to your recruiter and/or hiring manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dexter, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dexter, MI (US)).

Interview

Phone screening, proceeded by on site interview. Met with 2 senior Software Engineers, went through some simple concepts in the whiteboard. Was asked about what data structures to implement on specific cases plus other basic data structures questions.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

2 Mar 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.