Thomson Reuters Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Thomson Reuters Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Went over some technical questions with a manager and a developer. Also went over past work experiences . Pretty standard developer interview. The interviewers were very friendly, and worked out solutions with you.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between emit and broadcast in AngularJS?   Answer Question

13 Jul 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

The company's recruiter found my resume online and invited me to onsite interview.
    The onsite interview was with two group of 3 engineers in total.
    All questions were technical, like threading, pointers, C++, software design etc. There were no algorithm implementation questions.
    It went really well. I was really well prepared, meaning the job role fitted my background nearly perfectly.

Interview Questions

• how to handle variable update on GUI thread in a multi threaded environment.   1 Answer

1 Mar 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

the process is very hard and so would not recommend it it's unnecessary difficult.
    total waste of time. should not have gone for the interview. they waste everyone's time for no reason . the process is very lengthy

Interview Questions

• coding assessment and what makes you best fit for this position   1 Answer

9 Nov 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

A few days after submitting my resume online, an HR recruiter emails me to set up a phone screening. A phone screening was scheduled for the following week.

I was asked a few questions about my background, resume, and salary requirements. It was a pretty standard HR screening, and the recruiter seemed friendly on the phone. He told me that he would forward my information onto the hiring manager and would get back to me with a response either way. Though he told me that he would let me know the status the following week, I never heard back from him. I also noticed that the job description had been taken down from the website even though it was a fairly new listing, and I had applied only a couple of days after it was posted.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

16 Mar 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to learn more about your experience... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

I was asked to briefly describe what I have been doing in the past 14 years, starting from the most recent. I have done so many things even in the past 5 years, but they did not let me finish. I am not sure how to brief for 1 4yrs

Interview Questions

• Did you do tune-up in what you do? Did you look at the AWR in EM?   1 Answer
    • Did what you do include OLTP?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

It's a tough interview, mainly b/c I didn't prep for the subjects they were asking.
    They asked about how to write a program with classes to simulate real life objects. That was easy.
    Then they went on to ask about Big O notation and its complexities and use them to optimize your approach to a solve a problem.

If I knew they were going to ask about that, I would have been in a better situation.

Interview Questions

• find common numbers in 2 arrays of integer, try to use O(N).   3 Answers
    • Reverse an array of string..   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Did not ask any technical questions. Only behavioral questions. They knew less tha. I knew about technology. Had 3 rounds with 6 people total. Even director showed up for interview.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

9 Jan 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in Jan 2012.
    I did a phone interview with the hiring manager and the interview was about 1 hour with couple of questions in Java/J2EE. I was then invited for on-site interview. In on-site, i was asked to design and write few programs in algorithms and data structures.

Overall, the whole interview process was a great experience. The company has some really great engineers and working on challenging problems and I will love to work with them in future if our paths cross again.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but i did undersell myself. Since i was getting way less salary in my previous company, i quoted atleast 10000 less than what i supposed to get. SO, that means, overall i lost 10000 dollars. I advice everyone to check how much they should get and negotiate close enough.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Interview was with multiple people, managers and developers. Only one visit required.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Send a resume and waiting them to call. There are 2-5 peoples in interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.