Thomson Reuters Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Thomson Reuters Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Did not ask any technical questions. Only behavioral questions. They knew less tha. I knew about technology. Had 3 rounds with 6 people total. Even director showed up for interview.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

9 Jan 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

A few days after submitting my resume online, an HR recruiter emails me to set up a phone screening. A phone screening was scheduled for the following week.

I was asked a few questions about my background, resume, and salary requirements. It was a pretty standard HR screening, and the recruiter seemed friendly on the phone. He told me that he would forward my information onto the hiring manager and would get back to me with a response either way. Though he told me that he would let me know the status the following week, I never heard back from him. I also noticed that the job description had been taken down from the website even though it was a fairly new listing, and I had applied only a couple of days after it was posted.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

16 Mar 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at human.resources@tr.com with relevant details. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Went over some technical questions with a manager and a developer. Also went over past work experiences . Pretty standard developer interview. The interviewers were very friendly, and worked out solutions with you.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between emit and broadcast in AngularJS?   Answer Question

13 Jul 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

the process is very hard and so would not recommend it it's unnecessary difficult.
    total waste of time. should not have gone for the interview. they waste everyone's time for no reason . the process is very lengthy

Interview Questions

• coding assessment and what makes you best fit for this position   1 Answer

9 Nov 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team involved to ensure this doesn't happen to other individuals. Please email us at human.resources@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and we will take the appropriate action. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

It started with having a recruiter from the company reach out to you. From there, you will be told to come back for another interview and speak with the Hiring Manager. The interview process was ok until the very end where we had to meet with two different engineers and the HR. First they told me I would be there all day. I showed up and they told me bluntly the interview would be for the other team.

If I had to step back in time, I would not apply to this position. They have wasted time and did not get anything out of it. I feel incredibly let down. As well, the attitudes of the developers was incredibly rude the entire time. They had nothing positive or good to say about their jobs

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

8 Jun 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

You have to apply for the position online and if short listed the recruiter would do a phone screen and if satisfied would call for on site technical interview. You can apply for multiple positions and finish all technical interviews onsite in one day. Then if selected recruiter would call you back and provide you offer if you are selected.

Interview Questions

• Questions from Object Oriented programming, experiences from previous projects.   Answer Question

15 Dec 2016 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you have any questions, please reach out to your recruiter and/or hiring manager.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Self introduction in English about 5 minutes. Several questions about expierence in college. Basic knowledge on c++ and data structure, one coding problem, need to write in write board.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

8 Dec 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of the interview process. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Lake Oswego, OR (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

2 Rounds of Interview. 1st Round telephonic and 2nd Round in Person interview in Thomson Reuters at Lake Oswego(Oregon). In- Person interview happened for whole day with 3 rounds of interview. 1st round with 2 people in a technical panel and 2nd round with 3 people with both technical and process question.

Interview Questions

• 1.Design a Chess Game. Give an architectural implementation on how you will build a chess game
      2. Swap 2 numbers
      3. Deep and Swallow Copy.
      4. Interface and Abstract class difference and where to use what
      5. General Questions regarding Hibernate( First Level Cache, Second Level Cache)
      6. Spring Basics Interview questions
      7. Fibonacci Series   Answer Question

22 Sep 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview. It was supposed to be from the Technical Manager but apparently he was busy and some one from the team called. They did not even introduce themselves properly and started asking questions right away. Started asking about why I applied this job/my strengths. Felt like a company who does not value or take time to interview right people. Jumped into technical questions and was rushing to complete the interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

The company's recruiter found my resume online and invited me to onsite interview.
    The onsite interview was with two group of 3 engineers in total.
    All questions were technical, like threading, pointers, C++, software design etc. There were no algorithm implementation questions.
    It went really well. I was really well prepared, meaning the job role fitted my background nearly perfectly.

Interview Questions

• how to handle variable update on GUI thread in a multi threaded environment.   1 Answer

1 Mar 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.