Salesforce Business Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Business Development Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email within a week for a phone screen. Girl who interviewed was from Canada and sending me emails for interview times around 8pm. When you responded with times she took about 2 days to respond back and half the times you mentioned were missed. I interviewed for a position that I well knew I was over qualified for but it was the only thing available and I know I could move up quickly to a position that was more on my level of experience and pay. I have a job that pays a lot more but I wanted to make a transition to a company I saw I could be with more long-term and could meet my financial and career expectations, alike Salesforce. When I interviewed the girl said I was a little over qualified and they had an opening for the next step up sales position and she would get me an appt with that recruiter. This recruiter was based out of Chicago, she interviewed me two days later and the questions she asked me were not difficult (know your numbers and you should be fine in answering them directly) She kept answering and responding with "uhuh" , "yeah", "sure" it was very rude and robotic. I was even over qualified for this position with my experience as well as solid track record at top fortune 500 companies. She told me she would get back to me on a certain date with a response. I never got a response on the date she told me she would get back to me. I reached out to her a few days later and she then responded with an automated email that there were candidates with more experience. If they had candidates with more experience going for this job with this salary they must be extremely desperate candidates of not good quality willing to take anything. I was already over qualified so it was hard to believe someone could be even more and accept this position. The recruiter at the Chicago location didn't follow up when she said she would. That enough spoke for me that maybe this company isn't all it is perceived to be and they aren't professional.

Interview Questions

• What was your monthly sales revenue goal?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Tough process but every person involved was professional and courteous. Went through several rounds. The first round was with a recruiter via the phone. After that, i was asked to complete a document with technical questions around the product. After that round, I was brought in to meet with the Role Manager. After this I met with Piers. And finally SVP for my department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

The phone screening interview was scheduled for a particular time in the afternoon. The interviewer was 15 minutes late and then appeared rushed as he ran through his list of questions. I got the clear impression that he had not even scanned my resume prior to the call. He was unprepared. It amazes me how a company with Salesforce's reputation lets recruiters like this be the first point of contact with prospective candidates. It really hurts the brand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Two phone interviews, and then an in person interview. They ask you really cliche questions in the in person interview. Tell me your strengths and weaknesses, what are you passionate about, blah blah blah. Also they think they are the greatest place in the world to work. To me it seemed like a micromanaging nightmare.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Really long interview process. Three phone interviews and an on-site. First two phone interviews were with recruiters, last phone interview was with a manager, onsite interview was with two managers and two peers.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral link. I was selected for a preliminary phone interview and asked to take an online personality test. Next I went to 2 rounds of in person interviews with managers, them directors. Last, I came back for my final interview, which was a 30 minute presentation.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly for me. I was reached out to by a recruiter and we set up a 15 minute conversation. The questions she asked were pretty simple, such as why Salesforce? Why sales? We also went through my resume during this. The next step was a conversation with another recruiter and it was basically the same conversation except she wanted to know a little more about what the incentive structure of my current job was. After that I was invited for an onsite where I would be interviewed by 2 current BDR managers and 2 current BDRs. Each interview was about 30 minutes and lasted for 2 hours. Once that was all over I set up a phone conversation and spoke with a Sales Director for about 15 minutes.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I had one phone interview and one in person interview. The in person interview was a panel with all hiring managers as well as 2 peer interviews. They asked a lot of questions on my experience to see if I would be a good fit for the role. They (particularly the peer interviewees) asked questions to see if I would be a good fit for the team culture.

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through a referral. Two days after completion of the application the recruiter called for the first round interview to see if I met the basic qualifications. The recruiter set up a face to face interview a week later due to my schedule with the BDR team and the panel of managers. The last stage was with the Director of Business Development. Overall the recruiter was one of the most professional individuals you could ask for and the Business Development team was extremely insightful

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter a few days later. She was very professional and asked the standard interview questions. She then set up a 2 hour in person to come in and meet the team. She called me the day before to tell me what to expect, coach me, and give me pointers. I met with 2 current BDRs. They were very casual, laid back and informal. Asked me about my experience and why I want to work at SF.

Then, the managers came in. 3 on 1 (overkill). They all sat across from me with their MacBooks, staring over the glow of their screens at me. I felt like I was at a deposition or giving testimony on Capitol Hill. They were cocky, uninterested, and my interview felt like a police interrogation. Just nonstop grilling and questioning my sales practices already acting like I have no clue what I am doing. At the end they did a mock cold call. You get about 5 seconds to prepare. They are all staring as you are doing the mock call with one of the managers. The manager didn't even want me to succeed, kept stonewalling me with unrealistic objections. One of the managers was on his iPhone scrolling through something when I was doing the mock call. That was incredibly frustrating and distracting. If you wanna cold call 9 hours a day, this is for you. These managers seemed MISERABLE. And there is nothing worse than a bad manager.

Oh, the sales floor was depressing too. Absolutely dead with no activity. This isn't Google, this isn't Facebook, this isn't some cool trendy start up. This is Microsoft/Oracle world. So if that's what you're looking for, go for it. If not, don't say nobody told me....

Interview Questions

• What did you do wrong on the mock cold call?
      Describe SF to a complete stranger.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.