Salesforce Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 4 Jun 2019

2.8

86 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce in March 2018.

Interview

First round was 2Hr long telephonic interview.
Interviewer told me that he'll ask 3 programming questions. After completing 2nd one he stuck in the solution. I tried to explain the solution for more than 20 minutes and after that he told me that he's not able to grasp the logic and ended the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Maximize Stock profit problem.
    2. Make All elements in a row or column zero if the element is zero.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Applied for the position, got a response via email to set up an interview via online code editor. After the interview, interviewer would follow up with further steps on the application.

Interview Questions

• Differences between Java & C++, Reverse the words in a string.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Was contacted to fill a summer intern position that opened up in May. Two phone interviews both technical. The first began with a short two part coding question and then a Second began with "Tell me about yourself" before a ~45 minute coding question session (Algorithms and SQL)

Interview Questions

• Round 1:
      Given the root node to a binary tree, print each value in the tree breadth-wise.
      Followup: Print the sum of each layer (depth) of the tree.
      Round two:
      Construct a Frequency Stack (push, pop, top).
      -Push adds an integer to the stack
      -Pop/top removes/returns all values with the largest frequency in the stack.
      Write a SQL query to return the 2nd largest value in a table.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Referred by friend. Contacted by recruiter in <1 week, progressed to two Google hangouts calls with engineer and engineering manager, got offer afterwards. Whole process was about 2.5 weeks long. Fairly straightforward technical questions, although not necessarily too easy. Great, no-pressure interviews with a lot of talking back and forth. Recruiter was extremely fast to respond and super nice to interact with. Amazing experience, although your experience may differ by team!

Interview Questions

• Graph Traversals Questions, etc. around LeetCode Medium/Hard.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce in April 2018.

Interview

The process was breeze. Recruiter informed about the team and position. I had an offer already with a deadline. The recruiter was responsive and very prompt in scheduling the interviews swiftly and wrapping up the whole process within a week. I had two rounds on Google hangout.
     First round: was with a Principal Engineer and a Tech Lead. It was for 1 hr 30 min. Both the engineers were respectable and knowledgeable. They asked about the courses I have taken, previous work experience and a couple behavioral questions before going to the coding round.
    Second Round: was with a Senior Director/hiring manager. It was for an hour and as smooth as the first round. There were some technical questions and one coding question.
    I received the offer just 30 minute after the second round!
    I have interviewed for many companies but I would say Salesforce interviews were the best of them all. I enjoyed the whole process - not too much stress and very transparent.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA. Anyway, the technical questions were based out of resume and coding questions were standard DS and Algo   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for a role in Nov 2017 that I found on LinkedIn and right before I started interviewing (after submitting my interview times) I was informed that all the positions were filled up. But then I was referred to their job sites on Workday and I applied to a couple of other roles in Jan 2018 that I was interested in. One of the recruiting coordinators reached out for a phone screen with the hiring manager a couple of weeks later. This was mostly based on my resume, past experience, and past projects. I was set up for an hour-long technical interview a week after and it went really good, I was able to nail it quite early and had a long chat with the interviewer after. But then I had to wait for about 3 weeks to hear back, I think there was a long queue of interviewees and I got the offer right as I was about to accept another offer.

Interview Questions

• The first one was mostly based on my resume, and for the second one, I was asked a question that involved graph traversal.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Salesforce in January 2018.

Interview

30 minute interview with hiring manager. All the questions had to do with how you felt about being in a team and how good of a team player you could be. There were some questions regarding your resume

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. (What do you look for in a teammate )   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in December 2017.

Interview

I spoke to Salesforce representatives at a University career fair, and the recruiter reached out to me via email. The interview process was very quick- only had a single, hour long phone interview. Both the recruiter and the interviewer were very responsive and easy to talk to, and the overall experience was the best I've had so far.

Interview Questions

• Surprisingly no traditional technical questions, but be prepared to talk in depth on a technical level about the projects/experience on your resume (like you would for any interview).   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

My resume was submitted by a friend, and I was contacted quickly. I had two interviews: The first was a 40 minute phone screen by a manager on the team, where she discussed my resume/previous experiences, and was particularly interested in any Agile experience I'd had, then asking some fairly simple tech questions. The second interview was a 45 minute video-conf with a member of the team, with a shared document, where I discussed my experiences some more, coded a few simple questions. They were very transparent the entire time, and I heard back fairly soon.

Interview Questions

• How can you continuously keep a set of integers, so you can easily find the lowest one?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I had two Google Meets; first one was with the Engineering Manager (similar to a PM) with the team I would work with (Heroku), and the second one was with an Software Engineer who would work as a mentor for interns, and would be my mentor if I was given an offer.

Both were, simply put, "technical conversations" where I would discuss my work experiences, projects, and resume, and I would also ask questions about what they did and the specifics about their projects with the Heroku team. The discussions were very in depth of their projects, and if I recall correctly, I had to sign an NDA before hand. Both Google Meets lasted at least an hour.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.