Salesforce Program Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 3 Jun 2019

3.7

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce in August 2016.

Interview

Initial interview/discussion with Recruiter
     - General skills overview and work history discussion

Consulting/Functional Interview
     - Functional experience overview
     - Problem Solving questions
     - Objection handling and dealing with difficult customers
     - Facilitation and negotiation

- Governance

Panel Interview
     - Situational questions
     - Use Case presentation

Interview Questions

• Present an overview of a previous project that you feel best describes your capabilities.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Program Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called by the recruiter who described the role and asked me if I was interested. When i indicated that I was he set me up with two interviews, the first was about my experience and to find out if I suited the role and the second was more of a technical interview, which included a 'lightning' technical round of questions that got to the heart of what I would need to know. After that round I was invited to do a presentation of 25 minutes on a topic, again, relevant to the role.

I had said that I had family coming and the recruiter was very accommodating, postponing the presentation phase a few days. When I did give the presentation it was remote, which is something I have done a great deal so not really a concern, although I had not presented on Gotomeeting so that gave me a little apprehension.

The presentation went pretty well, there were 4 Salesforce employees on the call, an intro round and then I told my story, and there was a good back and forth. I asked them to tell me the best and worst thing about Salesforce and the conversation concluded after an hour.

The recruiter contacted me shortly after and the offer process began.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Salesforce   1 Answer

Program Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter at Salesforce via Linkedin. Had several brief phone conversations and was passed on to another recruiter for another brief phone conversation. Breezed through two Skype interviews on 'Technology' and 'Consulting Skills'. Last step was a panel presentation "to demonstrate executive presence". Here is where they really embarrassed themselves.

I showed up at the salesforce office 10 minutes early, only to have the interview start 10 minutes late. One guy did most of the talking/questioning, the other had his nose stuck in his laptop the entire time. When laptop guy was called on to comment/participate he would ask some question about a topic that I had just spent a few minutes talking about (clearly not paying attention or using his laptop to take notes). Entire process very rushed and distracted. Had less than 10 minutes to present a 20-25 minute 'executive presentation' (no problem). Or at least that is what I was told was the point of the exercise. At the end of the 'C-Level presentation' laptop guy shakes his head and said he wanted to see technical diagrams and specs and low level tech detail. I don't know of too many C-Level execs that would willingly sit through a presentation at that level (none of the ones that I have presented to over the years, anyway). I got to ask one question then I was rushed out of the room so they could move on to their next interviewee. The whole process was embarrassingly unprofessional, haphazard and, frankly, a waste of my time.

I got a call a few days later that they 'were going in a different direction' and that direction didn't include me. I asked for specific feedback (a learning moment, right?) and the caller just mumbled that he didn't know details but it was 'something' about the presentation. Certainly doesn't feel like a world class operation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you know about Salesforce?   Answer Question

Salesforce Response

2 Sep 2016 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It's disappointing that you had a negative experience with the interview process. I can understand your frustration given the... More

Program Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chapel Hill, NC (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a very quick interview process and I was informed promptly after each step on my status. I had a screening phone interview, technical interview, consulting interview and Case Panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a major project you lead or architect. What was the problem, how you approach it, challenges and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Program Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

There are three interview phases. First a HR screening, it was very easy. The second round was with two program architects. There are loads of consulting and technical questions spanning over salesforce and enterprise architecture. I did not need to spend time preparing anything. The third round was to present a past project. I picked one with big business impact. It worth mentioning I had a business travel for 2 weeks shortly after the first interview. The HR person was very kind and arranged the second round until I was back from international travel. The interview scheduling and the people are all great.

Program Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Very streamlined process. Everything was like clockwork and the communication was continuous throughout the process. I was recommended by a friend/ex co worker who is at SFDC now. I believe this helps as > 50% of hires are employee referrals. The process consisted of one informal onsite meeting with a PA, a recruiter phone screen, one technical screen, one consulting skills screen and a final case study of a project that consisted of various architects and directors (I believe 5 total) who listened to my presentation intently and asked questions throughout. Turns out the technical interview and the consulting interviews were quite enjoyable. Great questions and the interviewers were fully engaged.

I prepped for the case study but in retrospect would have shortened it and not went so deep technically. Very intelligent group that asked thoughtful question and provided valuable feedback throughout the presentation. If you interview with Salesforce for this type of technical role, my advice is to be very prepared. I'm an ex Microsoft employee who shifted ecosystems and have been working on the platform for around 8 years in various roles from developer to architect. I turned down an Amazon gig and had longer term sites on SFDC. The reasons were because people I know there are very happy and two I've spent a large part of my professional career learning and working on their platform. Add to that a huge amount of respect for the CEO and it just made sense to go for it. The interview process only reinforced that I was making the right choice.

I've cleared all the new architect exams that lead up to applying to the CTA . If you have those exams or at least an understanding all of the areas of expertise in the domains and a solid background consulting then you are probably ready to take a shot at interviewing at Salesforce for this type of role. Otherwise, take the time to learn the platform and maybe you will be #Ohana @ Salesforce.

Interview Questions

• What is 3rd normalized form?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were on a project and a major change occurred technically or in the organization that made you pivot or change course . What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • The client informs you of performance issues. What is your process for troubleshooting and describe the various methods you use and recommendations to alleviate them.   Answer Question
    • Explain how to implement SSO and explain the key components of implementing it correctly.   Answer Question

Program Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Outstanding process. Not only the recruiter keeps you updated during the process but also gives you helpful insights for you to succeed. There are 3 things you need to do in order to succeed: prepare, prepare and prepare, oh, did I mention you need to prepare? no? then prepare yourself because you will be tested in all aspects: business, consulting, technology, and behavior. They evaluate you in all those aspects to see if you have the grasp on those subjects as well as if you are the perfect fit. The last interview, a panel presentation, is meant for the panelists to evaluate your executive presence, presentation skills, technical and consulting skills all at once, so take your time to prepare for that one.

Program Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in January 2019.

Interview

4 interviews (HR, Technical, Consulting, Panel with Case Study). Overall process took 5 weeks, but this was also during the holidays. Feedback after each interview was quick. Usually within a few hours or so. The interviews were very structured. The case study was a past project of my choice.

Interview Questions

• For my case study, how could I have done it better for the next customer.   Answer Question

Program Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very transparent and I was guided at each step by recruiting coordinator. Also my recruiting coordinator helped me with reviewing the panel presentation and provided suggestions for a cleaner presentation.

Interview Questions

• How would approach a previously design architecture solution after learning about much easier solution available in latest version?   Answer Question

Program Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

It was 3 rounds in the entire interview process
    1) Technical Round
    2) Consulting
    3) Panel Interview
    All 3 rounds were challenging. They asked some real good questions.
    I was impressed by the Interviewers experience and quality of questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.