Salesforce Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in November 2014.

Interview

On campus recruiting. The process took 3-4 weeks. Phone interview lasted 1 hour. The interviewer was actually very nice and helpful. Was asked about some basic concept questions like what it means to be static/superclass/object-oriented language. Followed by a structured on-lone coding question on determining if parenthesis is balanced in a given line of text.

Interview Questions

• Questions were generally standard and straightforward   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in November 2014.

Interview

Got email from HR to schedule phone interview.

First round was a walk through the course work and resume.
    One coding question : Get remainder string after a sub string.
    Example: inputStr = "abcde" subStr = "cd" return = "e"

Secound round was another technical round. The interviewer was not clear with his question.
    Max repeated character which occurs at a time first index..
    Example: aabbaaa output: 4

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Talked to a Salesforce recruiter at a campus career fair. They reached out to me several weeks later and had me do a phone interview, and then had me complete an online coding challenge. Phone interview was lots of small technical questions, not one large coding question. Also discussion of past experiences/projects and why you're interested in Salesforce. Medium difficulty.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The process of scheduling interview is really messy in this company, although I really liked the company initially. Very negative experience. No technical question at all, the interviewer was Indian and I Could Not tell his words.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2014.

Interview

The entire process was excellent. I got to experience why Salesforce is truly among the best firms to work at but the interview process is long and tough. 9 technical & 1 behavior with HR - 1 hour interviews and fairly tough code test in addition. The company is looking for not just smart, intelligent, well rounded software & data engineers, but also those that are good team players, show a passion for the industry and can get along with the teams/interviews well (since you'll be working likely with them).

Interview Questions

• Cannot disclose exact questions due to confidentiality agreement, however, know your algorithms with respect to running time and memory requirements. If you worked hard in CS school and learned the fundamentals well, all the questions are fair. Understand multi-threading, multi-process, algos (DP) and advanced data structs, various testing (unit, functional, etc), agile scrum, databases, operating systems (mostly unix based), web layers and little bit of network protocols helped (depending on your role)). Being strong in core Java & JEE was definitely a plus. All engineers you'll interview with are very bright so don't make up solutions if you do not understand something, ask questions and try to give it your 100% to figure out the solution together.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little open ended, however, they pay very competitively. I didn't negotiate since they gave me a great compensation that I was looking for. They don't try to low-ball you (least not from my experience).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager will do a phone screen interview first, questions of the phone interview is mostly general questions like "tell me about yourself", "what are you interesting in", "why do you want to change job", "why do you want to work for Salesforce", etc. If the manager is satisfy with your answers then an onsite interview will be scheduled. Process is very quick.

Interview Questions

• Given a situation, come up with a most efficient algorithm to find the solution   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview. Friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions

• In java and using math, check if a number is a palindrome.   5 Answers
    • How does the garbage collector know if an object can be collected?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Through campus career fair. Phone interview 3 days after the fair.

Interview Questions

• Asked something about java memory questions. How to handle out of memory error?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2008.

Interview

A friend referred me, they give out bonus for referrals so I gave my resume to him and he passed it on. I got a call from a recruiter who setup an hour long phone screen with a manager. The manager talked to me for a bit about what salesforce does and what his team does in particular, so I got the idea I was interviewing for his team in particular.

We talked about my current job a bit, how aggressively I was looking for a new one, and then he asked a few general conceptual uestions that anybody who had real experience would be able to answer. Then the recruiter set up a day a week later for me to come in and be interrviewed in person.

The all day interview consisted of 3 interviews with other developers, lunch with the manager, and a programming test. The test itself was quite easy, seems like it was more just to ensure that I actually had the experience I said I had. Lunch was good and we talked a lot about why I was looking for a new job and what the team was looking for. They also made clear that if it wasnt a fit for their team but they liked me that they would pass my resume on to other teams.

I was asked a lot of questions, from whiteboarding code to conceptual stuff. One of the interviewers asked real hard questions and we actually got into some interesting discussion, I guess that sealed the deal. I was given an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked me to write two algorithms for parsing xml, one that was as memory efficient as possible, the other that was as optimized as possible.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, they have all the standard benefits and were offering me more than I was making, so I took the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Had an interview with one person, very nice interviewer.
    Wasn't stressful at all.

Interview Questions

• Asked various behavioral questions.
      Asked if I was familiar with certain technologies.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.