The Home Depot Cashier - Part Time Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Cashier - Part Time Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.2

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Downey, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Very chill interview. Manager led me to a small room. Waited a few minutes and she came back. Asked about availability. She then proceeded to ask me super simple and basic questions and wrote down my responses. Must've been about 20 minutes. She then shook my hand and said welcome to the team. She led me to the HR office and there I gave them my SS card and my ID. The HR manager gave me a quick swab test (10 minutes of sitting next to her with the stick in my mouth) and then did a quick background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced a challenge whether it be at work or school. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

It took two weeks to get an interview with home depot. The process was pretty easy. Went in to answer questions from HR and the assistant manager, then took a drug test. Waited for 4 days for background and drug test to process through then I got hired

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Huntsville, AL (US)).

Interview

The interview process was good, they made me feel comfortable it wasn't nerve racking i felt as if I could be comfortable working at this job. They made me feel relaxed because at the time I was really needing a job and they gave me a feel of clarity that I had nothing to worry about.

Interview Questions

• What my goals where while I was in college   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Stockton, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The manager was an hour and a half late with my interview left me sitting and waiting with nobody informing me that he was gonna be tardy. Which was really aggravating i felt it was very poor work ethics and showed little to no interest in how they represented home depot and potential future employees.i spoke to the person giving me the interview about this and was only brushed off .

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about the opportunitys that home depot has to offer within employment   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Utica, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Utica, MI (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

After you make it to the in person interview, in my experience at least, I only had one interview in person. I met with an MOD first, we talked for awhile and he looked over my resume and asked questions and he decided he liked me so he introduced me to another MOD who was head of the cashiers. I was asked more questions and had to do a swab drug test right then and there and fill out paperwork once that was done. After, I just waited for the drug test to come back and then I was told I was good to go and given an orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Home Depot?   Answer Question
    • How do you think your past experience will help you in this position?   Answer Question
    • We often have promotions, such as the Home Depot Credit Card, How would you ask someone to sign up?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Salinas, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, waited awhile to get a response which was due to them being between human resource people. Received a call for an interview and went to interview. Arrived for my interview, answered the questions the Interviewer had and then filled out paperwork and did a drug test. Once drug test and background check came back clean, I was notified and called again to attend orientation.

Cashier Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atascadero, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atascadero, CA (US)).

Interview

Hiring process was simple, straightforward & comfortable. The interviewer was very personable and went over the basic component the benefits of the job. I had my list of questions prepared and the interview were answered all of them with the exception of not being informed on exactly how the health benefits worked as she personally did not take part in the health benefits offered by Home Depot. She did explain the review process once you're hired how you get raises how you get full time and how to succeed as an employee at Home Depot.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to stand on your feet for several hours without a problem?   2 Answers

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perkasie, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Perkasie, PA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was with the Assistant Manager. Everything was arranged by email from Home Depot headquarters. It was very organized and pleasant. This was a smaller store. You will be notified if they would like you to go to the next step - a meeting with the HR manager. I received a business card with a phone # to check on the progress.

Interview Questions

• Questions concerned how would I handle different scenarios with customers at the check-out.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in District Heights, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (District Heights, MD (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was very professional. She was nice and friendly. It happened almost immediately as soon as I got there and she asked questions about how I would react to customers and things like that. She asked if I had any work experience and I told her no. The interview was very easy and spent at least a good hour in there. I was offered the job and start next week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you come across a rude customer? What does customer service mean to you? Name something you'd enjoy at work and something you'll least likely enjoy.   1 Answer

Cashier - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lake Forest, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled app out online - got an email about 3 days later telling me there were going to call with a set of questions. Automated call came with basic questions -

You applied for x job, are you still interested?
    The intended pay rate is x, are you still interested?
    It is in an open warehouse, are you still interested?
    etc.

At the end (where you should have answered yes to all these questions, they will ask you to set up an interview through the automated system for later that week or early the following week.

You will receive an email with the details of said interview with confirmation.

You go in for the interview, they ask more questions to get to know who you are and how you handle yourself.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked you about a product that you had no idea about, what would you do.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.