The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at The Home Depot

4,929 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very open and informal process, understanding more about company values and position. The interviewee was extremely charismatic and transparent about the culture at the store and the support the team and managers provide.

Interview Questions

• What kind of challenges have you faced interfacing with customers and how have you overcome these in the past?   Answer Question

Analytics Manager Interview

Interview

Great, very friendly and knowledgeable interviewer. Typical behavioral questions focusing on interest, passion for the position and my past experience in an unrelated field and how that would transition over to HD.

CSA - Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Home Depot is "always hiring." I online, and received a call to schedule an interview in person. This interview was one week after I filled out the application. I had my interview with an ASM (Assistant Store Manager) and a Department Head.

When I arrived to the interview room about 10 minutes early, I sat down as per the HR Manager's instructions and waited. And waited. And waited.

I waited an hour-and-a-half to be interviewed for this entry-level retail position.

Once I was actually seen, it was a standard retail interview process, albeit for a large Home Depot in a large city. I received a call back less than a week after the interview, with an offer contingent upon passing a drug test and background test. This was performed by the HR Manager, and it was a mouth swab drug test for illegal drugs (including TCH).

The results of this test were rapid, and I received an offer after the background check. Entire process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you suggest products to a customer who is purchasing "x" item -- i.e., what are good add-on products and upselling?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was an over the phone interview because of covid and it was actually nice. It was quick simple. it did take a second for someone to answer the phone but it was worth it. they explain everything thoroughly and give you all the details.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was Describe a time you worked as a team?   Answer Question

Paint Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It's a fairly simple interview process. They just want to get a feel for the type of person you are and how you communicate with others. It was fairly short as well, a maximum of about 15 to 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Interview

Went very smooth and professional, I really like how they were so polite and offered me different positions. This was the best experience I’ve ever had with being interviewed, I would definitely recommend

Interview Questions

• What are you best qualifications?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

We set up a time which worked for everyone. It was a great atmosphere and engaging managers. They were on time, professional and the question were about average. I prepared follow-up questions for the company and they answered them without hesitation. I received more insight on the organization however I ultimately passed on it because I received another offer within my career of choice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied then was contacted in two days. I had no prior experience. I waited 2 hours after my scheduled time for an interview and was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time you handled a difficult customer or gave great customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Quick and friendly interview process. I did not have a lot of experience. This went better than I thought it would. The manager asked me to interview in a couple days. The interview was fine. I was asked what I would do with an angry customer. I responded with every option besides get the manager. I think the manager wants someone who can take care of problems without annoying him.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an angry customer demanded the manager.   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Newark, OH (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Interviewer was a very laid-back...
    However my current issue is, that I applied for department supervisor I have lots of management experience 15 years worth!

they never said they didn't like any my experience, they never really complemented on it, they never honestly proved very deep into it but instead....

Next thing I know I'm being led into a part-time order picker job!

My choice was that or the service desk...

they never explained why, they never told me that I didn't qualify or that I have to be there for so long in order to actually get the position of department supervisor...

so basically I'm now a part-time employee and I'm highly confused as to why and how!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.