Thomson Reuters Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Thomson Reuters Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2.9

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

They will call you and you will have to go to the interview. Then you meet the manager, they sell the job, but you dont need to explain yourself in any way.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial interview was by phone with hiring team lead and one technical person, questions asked were to determine technical competency. Second interview was on-site and meeting with the entire team. Most questions at second interview were situational in nature (e.g. experience in handling difficult situations). Second interview also included hiring manager. i was notified of the offer about two weeks after the second interview (other candidates were being interviewed)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very straightforward.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

a) Have you built a jumpstart server?

b) Have you worked on Solaris 10?

c) How do you check if the hard disk is going bad? (iostat -en, dmesg)

d) What do you do to fix filesystem full problem?

Interview Questions

• What's the policy that you follow in applying security patches   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

non technically... and brief on questions. I have 5 people interview me and out of 5 only 3 personal where had technical questions. each person had 30 min for the interview and had to come back the second day since 2 managers where out of office the first day.

Interview Questions

• how do you check a process on the server   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2019.

Interview

Its quite cool and easy i would say depends on the role which they are looking for. In general 1st round would be screening and then two rounds of face to face technical discussions and then manager and lastly HR round.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

9 Apr 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Mangalore (India)) in January 2019.

Interview

First round was aptitude and it was easy.Secind round was technical face to face and it was bit tough.They test your technical skill and ask questions from the technologies which you have mentioned in resume.If you clear this round then next will be HR round

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

As per the information they gave in mail it has only 2 f2f technical rounds. But once I reaced there initially they conducted written exam and for the candidates who got shortlisted are into next level which is techincal round f2f.

Interview Questions

• They asked only the basic concepts of Linux like Vi Editor Commands, LVM, Job Scheduler related, Monitoring Tools, And basics of ITIL process   2 Answers

13 Jul 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions which match your experience and skills. You can sign up here: https://goo.gl/BHq7zC. Thanks again for the feedback.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

2 F2F technical rounds were there once you clear them you get a call from HR for the rest of the process. For the freshers they can ask you to give a written test as well.

Interview Questions

• Questions will be mostly from the resume and their job requirement.   Answer Question

13 Jun 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you have any questions, please reach out to your recruiter and/or hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Was quite simple. 3 Rounds.
    1 technical
    2 managerial
    and then HR called for the salary discussion.It was a very quick interview process which involved mostly questions related to the experience.then HR called for the salary discussion.It was a very quick interview process which involved mostly questions related to the experience

Interview Questions

• Service Manager related questions
      UCMDB
      AM9
      It was a very quick interview process which involved mostly questions related to the experience   Answer Question

15 Feb 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview, by phone, seemed put together hurriedly.

There were no introductions nor description of the job - just straight into a set of technical questions.

The interviewers seemed brusque to the point of rudeness and although I was told that I would receive feedback (either yes or no) by the end of the week, none came.

When I asked for some, I received no initial response and when I followed this up, was slagged off to the recruitment partner in a manner which misrepresented what had happened.

I'm glad I didnt get the role

Interview Questions

• There were some fixed questions about systems admin including a hands on section.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.