eBay Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

eBay Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at eBay

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Filled out online application and uploaded resume and then received a email back to take a online assessment
Online Assessment math/grammar/typing test /basic skills
Video recorded interview with hirevue self recorded 7 questions 1 multiple choice
Phone interview 45 minute with hiring manager scheduled online with hirevue

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for eBay and why do you think you would be a good fit?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Interview is several different. Remote hiring process involves several video interviews. Following the STAR method is critical for this. If interviewing highly suggest researching method to answer in the correct format.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you have encountered and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

One way interviews are no way to actually figure out how well someone would perform for any company. 3 separate interviews, never once spoke to anyone. More than qualified applicants (more than just me!) were turned down for whatever reason.

Interview Questions

• “Why would working from home be difficult for you?”   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in August 2019.

Interview

First was the online application and resume upload.>>>
    Some one reached out for a link to the Assessment >>>>>
    There is a Typing test where you must type 25 words correctly per min. >>>>>
    Internet speed test is just a link that you click on>>>
    Video interview invite >>>
    phone interview invite

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ebay...

how long do you plan to work here....

dealing with a difficult customer...

Why do you feel like you are qualified..   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at eBay (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I initially was contacted by email, then I did a live chat interview with someone who asked me a lot about muy previous work history as well as my current employment, etc, etc.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

LONG! From initial assessment to start date was almost a three month process, well worth it though. Training was long as well but is dependent upon your line of business

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Salt Lake City, UT (US)).

Interview

The Interview process includes a test a phone interview, and an in person interview. They will ask you, What is eBay? and they want you to be prepared to know about the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay in January 2018.

Interview

I went to the hiring fair at the Texas Jobs Commission and completed a skills assessment that included math, spelling and grammar and customer service skills over a computer. I was told I passed the test and would receive an email for a video interview. After, I was rapidly (within a day) selected to come in for an in person interview. I got a tour, listened in on a recorded call and had a “behavioral style” interview which they prep you very well for over email, just make sure to read over the questions a bunch and brainstorm some situations for you to recall from your past work experiences ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• Something like “when was a time you could feel what a customer was feeling and it turns out they were unhappy about a situation and how did you handle it?   2 Answers
    • When you’ve had more work than you think you can get done, what did you do to prioritize tasks?   1 Answer
    • “Did you ever have to correct information a coworker gave in front of others and how did it go?”   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Walk through of building. Listened to a call and took notes to discuss in interview on what I liked and could be improved upon. Interview was about 10 behavioural questions. "Tell me about a time when"

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at eBay (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Video interview, skills test, and personality test. I had never done a video interview and it was odd because there was not person you were looking at yourself and answering automated questions. But I did good because I went on to the next level which was the testing which I bombed due to using a computer at the library.

Interview Questions

• What did I consider to be my weakness and give an example.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.