eBay Software Engineer III Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

eBay Software Engineer III Interview Questions

Interviews at eBay

2.9

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I got referred to eBay by Stella.ai. They help forwarding profile to top companies.

Once my profile was forwarded, i got an email from eBay recruiter regarding scheduling the first technical phone screen. It was a 45 min interview and the interviewer asked me to code a leetcode medium data structure question on codility.
They share the result pretty quick and if successful, then recruiter ask for availability for 3 rounds of onsite interview (45 mins each)

Interview Questions

• Leetcode easy to medium data structure questions, Java concepts and one design question.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Standard

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

The interview process was very slow. In fact, by the end I realized that it was deliberately slow. They process took 2.5 months from the start.
    I started by giving up a write-up to a Junior Recruiter. After passing through the hiring manager screening process, i was told about a phone interview scan with one of the team member. It went well and I was given an online project which was very job friendly. I had access to the elements a regular employee had and was told to solve the project. The time frame was 1 month and even though I completed earlier, it didn't matter. Then half a month after the submission, I am scheduled for an code review which is another half a month apart. The code review was also nice as per my feeling. I took time and answered the questions slowly.

Then after half a month, the position gets CANCELLED. They send rejects to all. Bye Bye

In the end it was a waste of time. However, the recruiter was the best part of the interview. I even sent him a profound respectful email which he happily accepted and cherished.

PS: The recruiter also got bored in the end. There was more of "Thank you for your patience" in the mails at the end.

Interview Questions

• Online Coding Project powered by Hackerrank   1 Answer

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay in December 2015.

Interview

Chaotic at the best, I had requests from several teams and took phone interviews for 3 to 4 teams.
    One team rejected, lost track of two teams and finally one team arranged skype interview instead of onsite. First scheduled onsite interview did not take place, had to inquire and get it rescheduled again.

First manager took the interview who was very rude, second a QA person and other two developers.
    Other than one experienced interview who probed a lot rest of the interviewers were wasting time.
    Except QA all of them were Indians.
    Bottom line: Never have remote interviews. Recruiters try to push down job which they are interested in.

No response after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Algorithmic questions like max contiguous sum,permutations of string, connected graph.   1 Answer

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Standard out of the text book questions in most of the rounds. Some of the interviewers asked about probability and really some tricky questions - but that was just one or two guys. But most of the questions were very easy and even if you had brushed up your algo skills once, you can answer them very easily.

Interview Questions

• Longest Common Subsequence, DFS and print paths from the root node to all the nodes in the tree etc.   2 Answers

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Interview is conducted by the people those have more hands on experience, It is very good

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

7 rounds, 5 technical, 2 managerial. White boarding,Java questions,Basic problem solving, mobile testing based questions. Current role and responsibilities were discussed. Getting to know the app better is useful. Questions on what to be improved in ebay site/app was asked.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

1 round of telephonic
    5 rounds of face to face interviews : java, c++, linux commands, oops concepts, data structures, webservices, maven

HR person who has contacted me was irritating, he doesnt remember details and keeps assuming thins, called me 17 times before even i got the offer.

Background check is indepth and takes quite some time to finish

Interview Questions

• How does tomcat load multiple versions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be ready to decline the offer if the salary doesnt match ur expectations. If you are strong on your stand, they will modify the quote..

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.