eBay MTS1 Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for MTS1 Software Engineer

eBay MTS1 Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at eBay

MTS1 Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Process was expedited, this was a special case.

Interview Questions

• given a chess board that is 3 x 3 squares, and only one piece, the knight, write a program that will move the knight from any starting location to any other (given) location in the board and return an error if it can not.   5 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

MTS1 Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

It was fast, had 2 phonic iterviews and then 1 onsite with 5 people with all 1:1. I was prepared for writing code and all of interviewer wanted to have code written on board or paper. All were helpful except one or two who were hesitating to answer some requirement questions... or were not very clear with exact requirement and it becomes tougher to answer very generic questions.

Interview Questions

• Multithreading was core of all interview questions by most of interviewer.   1 Answer

MTS1 Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They conducted 5 rounds. There was a lunch interview included.
    There were design questions as well as data structures and algo questions.
    They got back to me the very next day with the offer.

However, one thing that dissatisfied me is that they reduced the level once the offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Given a sequence of integers, find all subsequences of this sequence that sum up to a given integer k.   1 Answer

MTS1 Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

People in eBay think they know everything and ask question. They don't listen properly to the other person view. They will expect an answer and the funniest thing is they want only that answer (though there are N ways to solve). Such a bad experience I had.

MTS1 Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at eBay (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Phone screen with 3 or 4 rounds and last HR round.

Interviews are not defined. Some guys who have not written code in years ask you questions on programming. People who don't know how to map a role with competencies are assigned the role of hiring manager. So interview for SDE2 or 3 and SDE4 or 5 will not have much going their way, if they like you in the first glance, you are hired, same questions same charade. Prepare from one of the interview sites and you'll get through. Most of the questions are repeated, coding round is non-existent.

They call you for a role and when they offer, it's for one or 2 levels below. When confronted they say that they decided the levels based on interview performance. Nothing can be further from truth, it all depends on where your current salary band is, if your incoming salary is at a lower level, you are screwed. They try to hardball, but never accept an offer from them if you don't get the exact roll and level that was promised at the start. Recruiters are just temps and they change jobs frequently, so they have absolutely no interest in your landing a fair offer.

They play with careers once you are inside in the name of quotas and pyramidal career ladders. Promotions are given to only a closed band of manager pleasers and everyone else is left aside.

Interview Questions

• linked-list, data-bases, cache coherence, sequence files and other hdfs storage schemes. project done so far, challenges etc., architecture rounds.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.