FDM Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.2
FDM Group CEO, Founder, and Director Rod Flavell
Rod Flavell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Gain valuable experience (when placed on site with blue chip companies)" (in 65 reviews)

• "you have opportunities to work for banks" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "The training provided by FDM is free but then you are bound by a 2 year contract to work as a consultant for FDM" (in 45 reviews)

• "Yet I was hired in because of the way FDM promotes their recuiters to account managers (the recruiters become" (in 112 reviews)

"Excellent if you are willing to travel"

Current Employee - IT Consultant
    Current Employee - IT Consultant

I have been working at FDM Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to a huge variety of clients, market experience, and really helpful in making a career into IT

Cons

For those who aren't flexible to travel, it can be really difficult.

Advice to Management

Introduce a non-geo-flex version for special circumstances and stop constantly threatening staff with legal action and fines of £20,000... Everyone knows it's in your interest to keep on a consultant, rather than sack em and pursue the costly court proceedings.

2. "Graduate program"

I have been working at FDM Group full-time

Pros

Very good environment to be in

Cons

Need to incorporate more work-life balance

3. "Good"

I have been working at FDM Group full-time

Pros

Pay
    Environment
    People, people and more people

Cons

Nothing that comes into my mind

4. "Review"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Leeds, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Welcome and friendly atmosphere. Received a lot of help and support. Got to make loads of friends during my training.

Cons

Communication between Account Managers and employees that are waiting to get placed could be improved.

"Don't believe on reviews and try it yourself!"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Coventry, England
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Coventry, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I hadn't read any reviews on glass door before joining FDM and was quite shocked to be honest to read the reviews here. My advise to others is don't make a judgement based on people who were rejected by FDM or did not fit in. They should have done their research before starting and dropped out within the cooling off period of 2 weeks if FDM wasn't right for them.

For a fresh graduate who was struggling to even reach the assessment stage for any big company, FDM was a dream come true. My achievements were recognised and from the very first call from FDM , I felt that I was valued for who I am. My recruiter was very helpful and supportive. From my first day at academy, all the trainers were very welcoming and genuinely helpful.

A lot of negativity around training being unpaid but I can't complain because it is better than being unemployed at home and waiting for an opportunity to knock on your door. A lot of companies out there do not pay for training period and again if you disagree, why accept it in first place and not apply to a place where you are getting 'paid' for your training. I got to learn a lot during my training period and in a world where nothing comes free, some extra skills learnt from FDM on my CV really makes me stand out.

The biggest pro is once your training is completed, opportunities are lined up for you. In my case a few companies were the ones I applied to under graduate programs and was refused!

Knowing some people think reviews are paid here, I genuinely wanted to help those people with my review who are struggling like I was once being a fresh graduate.

Cons

People who cant commit to relocate and stay in a job for 2 years will not like it

Advice to Management

None

6. "Good for Graduates but get out after 2 Years!"

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in London, England
    Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in London, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Training
    - Access to Big Companies
    - Opportunities at different Countries

Cons

- Low Pay during the first 2 Years
    - No Pay during Training
    - Hard to get support and communicate with Staff

"Return to Work Consultant Scheme"

Current Employee - Project Support Manager in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Project Support Manager in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training is thorough, clients that you are placed with are of a high calibre . FDM staff are supportive and knowledgeable. Salaries are fair. Biggest pros are the opportunities available both during the two year placement period and thereafter in terms of clients and job roles.

Cons

7 weeks of training with some expenses paid, relatively reasonable amount but it can be a tight .

8. "It's Good only for the connection that they have"

Current Employee - Software Developer in London, England
    Current Employee - Software Developer in London, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good business connection, good if you need to enter an IT sector with no experience

Cons

poor training, no clear contract

9. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at FDM Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good and throughout training for the job.

Cons

Lower salary than expected. Management issue.

"Regarding their graduate programme - Read this to get more insights about the situation before you start!"

I worked at FDM Group full-time

Pros

- IT training
    - free coffee

Cons

I don't know where to start:

- before starting we were told that we would get £100 a week during our initial training period to cover travel expenses. After starting the training , me along with the other trainees were surprised to find out that they do not actually pay anything! they would only pay if you show them travel receipts, and they would only pay you a maximum of £25 every two weeks !

- Prior to the start of the training programme, I was told that they work with clients from various sectors and that there are a lot of opportunities. The reality is that 80 % of their clients are in the financial sector and most of the placements last for a few months. At least that is how the situation was in the Academy where I was.

- During the training you are expected to just follow what they tell you to do. If you struggle with something then you would need to rely on yourself or on fellow trainees

-£20 000 has to be paid to them, if you decide to leave the programme before the end of your two year contract. They say that they would make exceptions if you have special circumstances, but at the same time they say that they would treat it "case by case".

- Not all training paths that they said they offer were actually offered. Me and my colleges had to chose between two paths that were offered at that time. The way they work is based on client demand.