NTT DATA Reviews

Updated 8 Jul 2020

3.3
Pros
Cons
  • "Low salary no hikes only work no other goals(in 125 reviews)

• "Salary hike is very less or negligible(in 96 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"NTT DATA UK"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

-You are always surrounded by bright and talented colleagues -People are truly friendly and supportive -The company is growing very fast so there are many opportunities to grow and develop new initiatives -There are some very interesting groups and events, like Elevenses, First Fridays and CSR groups that everyone is encouraged to join -Although the company is growing in size, the vast majority of people are very approachable and often go above and beyond to help you

Cons

-As the company grows, communication become hard at times -The company is experiencing growing pains and it feels quite confusing at times -The senior management is mixed, some people are very supportive and willing to listen but some others are very self-involved and unreliable

NTT DATA Response

November 5, 2019Head of Recruitment

Thanks for your review. As we grow we will undoubtedly experience issues and problems, but we have some excellent people who all want the success to continue. There will be up s and there will be downs but if we work together we will succeed.

2. "A great company to shape your own career, continuous learning opportunities"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Breadth of work within Impact Consulting. The opportunity to continuously learn through a range of weekly webinars, learning and development sessions, we are also exposed to first hand industry leading research. The organisation has taken excellent care of employees during the current lock-down in the UK (still running appraisals and promotions). The people within Impact Consulting, who are team players, intelligent and motivated. I take pride in the cutting edge projects we work on particularly those that can make a difference in the healthcare sector and the public sector.

Cons

Consulting hours sometimes. However, I believe these can be much worse in other organisations and many people within the organisation really promote work life balance.

Continue reading
  3. "Great vision, poor leadership"

Former Employee - Director in London, England

I worked at NTT DATA full-time

Pros

Good salary and bonus scheme Epworth House located in Shoreditch Some nice people

Cons

Two organisation redesigns while I was there (8 months) A lot of ex-BAE at senior levels making it a challenge to get a seat at the table

"Stay well away"

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Islington, England

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get paid on a monthly basis. Easy access to a gentlemen’s club next to their new office.

Cons

Leadership and management are bullies and will lie to cover their own mistakes. Staff turnover is very high, if you survived 2 years congratulations as you haven’t been managed out yet or pushed out yet. Leadership has a report as to who has been in the company less than 2 years as a firing list, as you have no employment rights. Lots of positive reviews here are due to HR actively encouraging you how amazing the place is and that you should write a glassdoor review whilst you are within your probation period aka honeymoon period. Most people are looking to leave as the environment is toxic. If you are from an ethnic minority watch your back and be prepared to be fired or expect no promotions.

Continue reading

"A lot of potential but not quite getting there"

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in London, England

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Really intelligent people to work with, you learn a lot - Generally very friendly environment - Lovely offices - Reasonable pay - Flexible working

Cons

The environment and culture seems to have deteriorated over the past year or so. Can't quite put my finger on it but there have been a lot of changes and no real benefit can be seem from these changes. Some (emphasis on some) senior managers are truly awful, they can be nice one minute and completely hell the next so you just don't know when/how to approach them. This is a real shame because it has caused the organisation to lose its shine. Pay increase = next to nothing Lack of clarity over the work we actually have available. You're not allowed to network to get onto projects - this is "forbidden" so you are left waiting for Resourcing team to contact you when something comes up....whenever that may be. It generally ends up being "can you tidy up some slides" types of requests.

Continue reading

"Planning on leaving asap"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good and smart people on the ground

Cons

It doesn't matter what you achieve or the value you bring to the company and its clients. You are only rewarded if you have the right internal connections. Total lack of transparency and clarity over the work available (if there is any). It's a total non-sense. You are penalised for being too much on the bench but you're not allowed to network to get onto projects - this is "forbidden" as only the resourcing team can decide for you ( it generally ends up being "can you tidy up some slides" types of requests).

7. "Good company"

Former Employee - Greater London in London, England

I worked at NTT DATA full-time

Pros

Supports Staff and their progress

Cons

None at the time of working there

"As bad as the reviews suggest"

Former Employee - Business Consultant in London, England

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are nice offices, lots of good people work there at the more junior levels. Pay is average.

Cons

It used to be a good place to work but as a result of choosing to persue a strategy purely based on revenue growth it has lost its shine. Senior management is poor, projects are almost exclusively telco, there is no business consulting, just large IT transformation projects. It is all IT. People have been known to sit on the bench for months on end. Bullying by certain members of senior staff has led to people leaving the company. Everyone seems to know who the bad eggs are but senior management doesn't do anything about it? Jobs for the boys. Spending your life commuting hours a day to drab telco offices in places like Hook, Bracknall and Maidenhead. The only way to progress is to cosy up to the right people.

Continue reading

"Good Clients and project, pathetic management"

Former Employee - Advisor in London, England

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You can get exposure to a good client list Global exposure

Cons

The management is incompetent. Even worse, they ignore good employee and promote incompetent people

10. "NTT DATA Birmingham business park"

Current Employee - Cloud Architect in Birmingham, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a great place to work. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. Flexible working and work life balance,. You are praised for your hard work and contribution towards the organisation and have a lot of opportunities. Management team is very encouraging and supportive.

Cons

Sometimes parking space can run out but management has made arrangements for alternate parking spaces.

Found 2534 reviews