NTT DATA Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

NTT DATA Reviews

Updated 18 Sep 2019

Found 96 reviews

3.7
Pros
  • "The ability to work remotely when not traveling to a client site allows for a good work/life balance(in 320 reviews)

• "Good salary and work environment(in 243 reviews)

Cons
  • "there is no hikes and also very less onsite oppurtunity(in 106 reviews)

• "Salary hike is not there that is the drawback(in 78 reviews)

"Working for NTTData for less than a year"

Current Employee - Cloud Engineer in Birmingham, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

The management in Birmingham is motivating me to achieve my targets and very supportive when working with external clients .

Cons

Birmingham Business Park office is still growing and going through a lot of changes. I do not have any cons as this environment is perfect for someone like myself who wants to learn how processes are put in place to stabilise a business and grow at the same time.

Advice to Management

Perhaps we could improve in communication with other areas of the business so people are not working in isolation.

NTT DATA2019-02-04

"Not sure what it wants to be ..."

Former Employee - Vice President in London, England

I worked at NTT DATA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some very capable staff especially the on-shored India managers.

Cons

A mess of acquisitions, internal rivalries, cliques and diverging strategies. Near impossible to get anything done.

NTT DATA2019-09-10

"Great place to compete with McKinsey in high end digital consulting"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great location, great people, great career path and great projects. I feel I learn a lot from the senior management who have vision and get consulting. Whenever I ask a question to senior management their insight and content is impressive. It's very agile here and you can quicly make an impact.

Cons

Not sure why people have put negative reviews about NTT DATA UK. Yes we do some IT work but I joined for the digital strategy consulting and have not been dissapointed. It really feels like an innovative start up and is a great place for your career.  We have won projects head to head with McKinsey. As the Head of Impact said "if clients want low end cheap stuff they can go to TCS, if they want high end... consulting they come to us".

Advice to Management

Amazing CEO! Keep doing the great work. NTT DATA UK feels and acts like a start up and I hope you can maintain this.

NTT DATA2019-08-01

"No career opportunities"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly people for the most part

Cons

There are a number of significant downsides - - There is no one who is invested in you or your career. Under the guise of "driving your own career" this means that no one wants to help you or develop you - Culturally the organisation seems pretty broken. There is an increasing amount of back-talking, sniping. You definitely don't feel part of a team - As in other reviews, there is a lot of body shopping and... this means the work is often dull - You can be on client site and completely forgotten about. There seem to be a complete disconnect between the reality for a lot of people and what senior leadership thinks is going on - Fundamentally, its not clear what the company is trying to do and what problems it wants to solve - There is an inner clique of senior leadership and then everyone else doing delivery - Culture seems to have been relegated to a monthly meeting over beer

Advice to Management

Take on board all the reviews on here, make the company a place where it feels that you are invested in developing people (and not just hiring externally)

NTT DATA2019-09-16

"Got my Mojo back after joining an amazing company"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everybody thinks “how to give the most to our customers”. There is an amazing spirit of collaboration and camaraderie, from upper management, between colleagues, with peers, and team members. No “agendas” between people. A very friendly organisation that really cares for the employees, their careers progression, their well-being, their professional enrichment, their work-life balance. The company also really cares... and takes very seriously the social responsibility as reflected in the charities it supports and how the company encourages employees to take active roles in contributing the many social causes

Cons

This amazing company is one of the “best kept secrets” in UK in some customers / industries, and there is a need for immediate change that and make the company known to all, so customers can benefit and company can continue to attract amazing challenge.

Advice to Management

Maintain the amazingly high level of care to continue to expand and further develop the company footprint, business, workforce and social responsibility in UK

NTT DATA2019-08-03

"Great people, opportunities"

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunity to move around, carve your own career and grow Some really great people who are open-minded, supportive and genuinely care about your development

Cons

Senior management is mixed - some excellent leaders, others less so (I guess this is normal) Competency level of people is also quite mixed

Advice to Management

More robust processes to ensure fairness in terms of opportunities for all

NTT DATA2019-07-31

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than a year

Pros

A positive and low ego culture where the leadership team is down to earth and accessible. Feels like a start up but working hard to put the appropriate systems and processes in place to match the rapid growth. Agile, decisions are made quickly, you can make an impact here. Inclusive environment, nice offices and strong Japanese heritage. Engaging CEO!

Cons

There is a thin line between agility and chaos

NTT DATA2019-07-23

"Ignore the hype this is a body shop"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some great people to spend time with inside and outside of work.

Cons

As other reviews have highlighted the UK business of NTT DATA is really a body shop. There is a big HR and marketing push (tube adverts, website, banners etc.) to make out that the UK business is some cool innovation consulting unit leveraging assets from Japan. This is totally untrue. The place is a body shop with limited opportunities for consulting. It's all IT services, which is great if that's what you join for..., but not so great if you come expecting consulting or innovation projects to work on.

Advice to Management

In my previous consulting firm the senior leaders had three key attributes: Thought leaders/sector content, humble, and genuine relationships with c-suite at clients. It is unfortunate that the UK ledership team have none of this, hence the body shop. mentality.

NTT DATA2019-08-27

"Bodyshop"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing rapidly so interesting to work Social culture

Cons

Bodyshop not a consultancy, singleton roles for juniors are very common (despite management saying they're not) Management favouritism is rife

Advice to Management

Curb the influence of some SL heads as they require too much management from consultants

NTT DATA2019-07-16

NTT DATA Response

July 25, 2019Head of Consulting

Thank you for your review, we take all feedback very seriously as we pride ourselves on having an open and honest culture, and continually strive to make NTT DATA an even better place to work. We pride ourselves on the interesting projects that we do to help our clients transform ...

"NTT DATA UK is a bodyshop with a toxic management culture"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some nice people, who get disillusioned and leave.

Cons

Whatever reviews you read if you decide to join NTT DATA UK do your research. Ask the right questions (they will lie to you) and stay away if low end IT services or bodyshopping is not for you. Before you even come for an interview consider: - Does NTT DATA UK have genuine practice areas based on shared intellectual property? No. There are squads but this is all fluff, the output of which has not been used to sell... into clients in any meaningful way. - Does NTT DATA UK limit its consultants’ billable time for strategic purposes? No. As a bodyshop NTT DATA UK bills as much of its consultants’ time as possible, all the time. (In contrast real consultancy firms continually invests time in improving its collective knowledge and performance.) - Does NTT DATA UK measure success in terms of profitability per engagement? NTT DATA UK's goal is simply to bill as much as possible as time and materials(T&M) so it can “run the clock” as long as it can. (Real consulting firms use their knowledge to deliver high-value fixed-price engagements.) - Does NTT DATA UK leverage new skills to build higher-level relationships? In true bodyshop style NTT DATA UK simply adds new skills to its list of “things we do.” (Real consultancy firms analyses and leverage new skills into higher-level client relationships.)

Advice to Management

Management is weak and an echo chamber off the CEO cult. UK management lacks the intelligence and ability to run anything other than a body shop. Even the clients think NTT DATA UK is a just there to fill seats when needed. An entire cultural overhaul is needed, focusing on content and client relationships.

NTT DATA2019-08-18