Pulse (UK) Reviews

Found 136 of over 139 reviews

3.9
Pulse (UK) CEO Mike Barnard
Mike Barnard
Pros
  • "Pulse is a great company to work for(in 28 reviews)

• "Clear Career Progression including pay rise's(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Pulse give everyone the tools to be able to thrive in a buzzy, fast paced, stressful environment should they be willing to put the work in(in 16 reviews)

• "Management had favourites and those that were more quiet but worked hard were often not rewarded(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

It was good

Mar 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was fun working here I enjoyed it

Cons

It was okay bit boring at times

2. 5.0

Very friendly, kind employer

Jul 10, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Bournemouth, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kind and supportive with lots of training opportunities

Cons

Strict office dress code even when not seeing members of the public. It’s nice to be comfy at work and this can be done while still looking presentable

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Professional

Jun 9, 2021 - Backend Developer in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice atmosphere. professional. They look after their employees

Cons

A bit old style office.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee

ok

May 10, 2021 - Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

good place to start and had a good manager

Cons

no training offered was left on my own

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great starting job

Apr 9, 2021 - IT Service Desk Analyst in Cheshunt, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great starting job Gave me loads of experience

Cons

Very poor pay Maternity discrimination Over worked Unfair on female workers in a male department

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great company with great people!

Jun 22, 2020 - Marketing Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I think the most important aspect of a job is working with people that genuinely care about what they do. At Pulse, I got that impression from day one and I haven't changed my mind since! Everyone is really friendly and helpful and it makes doing my job even more enjoyable. Pulse are very strong when it comes to internal career progression; it feels like managers really advocate for their teams to grow and move up within the company. There is also transparency about how to develop and a clear understanding of what you need to do to achieve the next step up in your career. The benefits at Pulse are pretty good too, including a decent holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy/sell days. There is also a lot of emphasis put on raising money for charity which means lots of internal events, cake sales and collaborations. Overall a great company to work for and I'm so pleased to be part of the team!

Cons

Could be more flexible with working hours (start/finish times)

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Former Employee

Too many politics and not enough teamwork

Mar 11, 2021 - Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office location and competitive pay

Cons

Office politics, cliques and lack of teamwork

8. 1.0

Resourcer

Jan 22, 2021 - Resourcer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed the job and the process, it’s a shame about the management which ruined it.

Cons

The manager above my line manager had no experience in the role or ever worked in resourcing yet she managed us which made no sense. To be completely honest she was a bully who constantly sent abusive emails which effected plenty of the staff mental health. London office. No support in lockdown the worst management.

1 person found this review helpful

Pulse (UK) Response

HR Business Partner

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your experience of working at Pulse wasn't as positive as we'd like to achieve. We take your feedback on board and hope you felt able to feedback whilst you were employed so that we can work with the Leadership team to address these concerns so as to improve the experience of our employees both now and in the future.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing people with a passion for what they do.

Jun 23, 2020 - Candidate Attraction Executive in Cheshunt, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Both colleague and managers are great people who are passionate about what they do and are a joy to be around in and out of the office. - Invest in people and help to ensure you're progressing as a person not only for the business. - Career opportunties to move inside the company to make sure you're role is most suited to your preferences. - Contributing to help the mental health crisis in the UK for adults and children. - Remote working

Cons

Potential for more flexible working hours - example start early + finish early. (Although have never asked it's just not regularly displayed).

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great Company

Oct 1, 2020 - Psychiatry
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pulse is a great company to work for. Some of the benefits of working with Pulse include great career opportunities, benefits, appreciation of hard work & passion within all teams. I would definitely recommend working with Pulse!

Cons

Consistent communication throughout the whole of the business. The company are working on this & are getting better but this should have been a priority a long time ago

Pulse (UK) Response

HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are passionate about supporting our employees to help them to grow; developing career paths and providing training and opportunities for progression is definitely a key focus across our business. We are committed to gathering and acting upon feedback from our employees, finding out what's important and having an impact on their experience here and we have been taking action to improve communication across the Group and I'm pleased that you are starting to see a positive impact. It's great to read about your positive experience thus far and I hope that you continue to develop and progress in your career here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 136 Reviews