InterSystems Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InterSystems Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at InterSystems

3.7

Marketing Interview

Interview

Very rigorous and deliberate process. Spoke/met with multiple people over a number of weeks. All candidates are required to take online personality assessment and IQ-type test before they will start the interview process.
The IQ testing covers analysis of data (here's a table, answer multiple choice questions based on the data, in some cases the correct answer is that you can't get there from here) and reading comprehension/inference (here are some statements, what can be concluded or inferred)... really nothing you can prep for. You need to score above a threshold on the IQ testing to be considered.
They also make a big deal of what the personality testing says about you. Of course you can game the system to a certain extent if you know what they're looking for.
Some interviews were very conversational and two-way, others were very direct and probing.
I decided the job and company were not a fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What colleges did you apply to and why?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for InterSystems

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

Candidates will notice that most people at InterSystems have worked here for a while (decades, even). I really believe it’s because they take recruitment, interviewing and hiring very seriously. Everyone I’ve talked to found InterSystems in a different way including: employee referrals, staffing agencies or other various forms of recruitment. Interviewing at InterSystems was very intimidating at first. I never had a job ask me to take a test prior to the interview. When I finished, I actually wasn’t sure if I passed or not—luckily I did! After the test, I went through three rounds of 1-on-1 interviews. Each interview was about a week apart and lasted an hour. It was the most thorough interview process I’ve ever experienced (and longest). The one thing that I truly appreciated was the fact that I was kept in the loop at all times during the process. The HR department does a great job at letting you know what the next steps are and when they should occur. Although this took a long time, it gave me the opportunity to ask questions about the company culture and position and get a variety of answers. The interview stages, although suspenseful, really made me feel confident when I accepted the offer at InterSystems.

Interview Questions

• Research the company. That advice actually goes for all interviews. InterSystems' website offers tons of case studies, videos, partner/client lists and various marketing events to help candidates have an idea of what InterSystems does. Any questions I had were cleared up in the interviews and I was able to ask more in-depth questions about company details.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Online Pre-employment testing

Interview Questions

• I need you to take a couple of pre-screening tests online before we go further. Is that OK?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Rapid response to application followed by initial screening tests. Once the tests are passed, the process is very personable, and high touch, but lengthy. Recruiting stays very connected and communicates frequently.

Interview Questions

• No trick questions - just what one would expect   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterSystems in December 2010.

Interview

This was not an actual interview, after reviewing my resume, Intersystems wanted me to take a personality and I guess you would call it an intelligence test. It was like an SAT. I just don't see the logic in this type of test being the dealbreaker for a company. It contained questions I would never run into in my job, math that would never be an issue, yet, when I didn't do well, they declined to interview me. It just seems if they want a real gauge they would meet with people in person or create a test that is specific to the position.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Applied online and received instructions to do 2 online tests (behavioural and professional.) Recruiter got in contact after I passed the exams to arrange a quick call. It was a quick screening call. I then proceeded to speak with the hiring manager who gave positive feedback in the end of the interview and said they'd be back in touch in a week. 3 weeks later I got an automated email saying I wasn't selected for the next round with no feedback provided.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.