Salesforce Sales Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Salesforce Sales Development Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.4

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Herndon, VA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with the recruiter for the position giving me a call. She was amazing and helped really sell me on the Ohana culture and what a sales position could offer me. She also was instrumental in helping me prepare for my interview by suggesting research topics and giving me basic interview tips. She is a top notch recruiter.

After working with the recruiter I was set up with two phone interviews. These both went very well. The employees at Salesforce are incredibly talented and engaging.

The last part of my interview process was an in person sit down with two employees at the Herndon office. This was a very positive experience as well.

At the end of the day, I didn't end up getting an offer due to lack of direct sales experience. I had such a good experience with the people that I met that I have made it my goal to go get that experience so when this position is available again I can go in with that need checked off my resume.

Interview Questions

Salesforce Response

19 Jan 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your feedback, it's great to learn that you had a positive experience with our teams, even though your process didn't end with an offer. I hope that the tips and feedback that... More

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Two phone screenings, in person interview with team members followed by interview with management. Phone screenings were both with HR members rather than team members in the office I applied. HR recruiter also had a phone session in which she prepped me for the in person interview and detailed the types of experience questions for which I should be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Why Salesforce? Be prepared to share hard data.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate offer.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, they ask you questions about why you want to be there and what makes you qualified. Nothing too crazy. They have you speak to a current rep first and then the panel comes in. If you do well, you get the call a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Explain what the cloud is and why it benefits companies to use it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They claim there are no negotiations. This seems to be false considering all new hires are paid more than tenured reps in the same position.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Mateo, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Referral. Salesforce is a great company from what I know about it. But the recruiter that I got stuck with was highly unprofessional and a bad representation of the company. First off, for the phone screen scheduling she emailed the same email twice after I had responded (perhaps because she had deleted the first email). This was not a big deal. Onto the phone interview we finally scheduled, the tone of the entire conversation was as if she had her selection of candidates already and this was a formality. She constantly interrupted me on EVERY response I had and even went as far as to say that she has far more better candidates than myself. Inappropriate as much, explaining herself that she is looking for this and that in the role and not letting the candidate speak at all is simply bad recruiting and highly unprofessional.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Recruiters were very friendly and informative, and passionate about Salesforce. They knew the product and the process, and were able to answer all the questions I had about the two. They also could easily articulate why they come to and are still at Salesforce, and in a way that made the company that much more attractive as an option. Overall a great process, bummed I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce? What were the sales metrics of your previous job.   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I initially interviewed at Salesforce with a recruiter and then had a phone interview with a Sales manager. The following week I went in for an interview on site. Overall great experience, great interview process and supportive recruiting staff.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

PREPARE PREPARE PREPARE - the questions that are asked are cookie cutter - but they are designed to open up probing - your first answer will be questioned and dug into - and then your second answer probably will too. I highly recommend keeping the answers succinct.

However, the process is incredibly enjoyable - you are meeting with some of the most genuine and honest people San Francisco has to offer. Ask real questions - it's a value they hold - but make sure they're meaningful - in other words, don't bother asking unless you actually want to know. There is a chance they'll ask why you asked that as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain salesforce to a random person?
      What's one question you wish we asked you?
      How do we know you care about this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Very quick process. I originally interviewed with the company in February 2016. I did not receive an offer but received great feedback on what skills I needed to be competitive for the role. I gained experience in a new role with another company and was contacted in January 2017 to interview again. I had a quick phone screen to update the recruiter on my new role and was set up for an in person interview the following Monday. Interviewed with four managers and received and offer the following morning.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick interview process - 2 HR Calls and then an onsite interview with multiple rounds. They asked about my previous experiences and a lot of questions to make sure that I had done my research on the company. Overall, good experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CEO of your current company, what are the first 3 things you would change?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Interview was fairly standard. Started with a phone screen. Got set up for an in person interview right away. Interviewed in person about a week later. Then a second in person interview a week after that. Very much culture driven questions. Basic understanding of their products. Looking for a self driven team player. Just be prepared and confident.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe salesforce to a stranger on the street?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Didn't want to risk losing the opportunity.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.