eBay Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

eBay Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at eBay

2.8

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Applied around August. Got a Codesignal request in early September. Did not do very well, given that it was my first Codesignal. I have not received a rejection email, but I am pretty sure I will not be continuing.

Interview Questions

• Questions on the official Codesignal test.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Phone and coding interview. The online coding challenge was 60mins and had 4 questions, two about strings. Any programming language was available based on your choice.
    I submitted my resume o a campus recruiting event and they reached back within a week.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The recruiter asks about academic projects on my resume first. Then he gives me an algorithm problem. The whole phone interview last 45 minutes. I only have 20 minutes to solve the problem and the recruiter wasn't even listening to my elaborating of the thinking process.

Interview Questions

• Basic Calculator III: Implement a basic calculator to evaluate a simple expression string. Also, check if the expression is valid or not.
      Leetcode #772   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was short yet comprehensive. I had 2 interviews where I was tested on a lot of OOP concepts. Following this I was contacted by a HR representative who informed me that I would receive an offer based on a background check which took about a week.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolved around OOP concepts and system design   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I submitted my resume in a job fair. Was called onsite within a week. The interview was with Technical leads. They asked basic questions and explained the teams they were working on.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

All the interviewers are friendly and professional. They asked me questions step by step. Unfortunately, I didn't ready for that time. I advise that you should be very familiar with your resume, every technique you mentioned may be asked. Also, be familiar with data structure and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Data Structure and Algorithm   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Seoul (South Korea)) in May 2018.

Interview

Resume Screening and typical Hackerrank challenge with 5 problems. Then, I was invited to onsite interview. Mainly it was behavioral interview with questions about past projects and my role in it, as well as challenges that I have faced. Probably the reason for me being rejected is the language barrier.

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

I got the interview 2 mouths after I sent my resume. It was a one-hour long phone interview. The engineer asked me some simple programming questions like how to free heap memory. Then he asked me about my basic skills based on my resume. Finally he asked me what kind of project i was interested in. The interview was comfortable. But I got no reply at all, even after I sent the recruiter to ask about the result.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.