eBay Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Software Engineering

eBay Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at eBay

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I put my resume into a tech conference database and was contacted by eBay. First I was invited to take an online hackerrank challenge by recruiters. After a few weeks I got a call back to get an in person technical interview during the tech conference. I got a call with a job offer the next day! It took several weeks to get a specific team to offer me a position though, which I thought was odd.

Interview Questions

• Determine whether a list of parentheses "[()]{}...etc" are balanced or unbalanced.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Received a call from recruiter , had a word with her for 15 minutes and on-site interview was set up. 2 rounds of 45 minutes each. Both behavioral as well technical questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Memory allocation, java basics, Algorithm and Data structures.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in October 2014.

Interview

Got the request after a career fair at my university

First there were a few questions about my resume and qualifications and projects that I did. This part was pretty straight forward.

After that they asked me a programming question. The task was to write a function that, given a particular filename ending, returns a list of all files with this extension with a language of choice.

Interview Questions

• There was no really unexpected question, but I didn't know the exact syntax how to open files in any language and thought they would ask more general data structure/programming questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pudong, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (Pudong, Shanghai (China)) in March 2010.

Interview

I can't remember the details well. But the interviewer is nice.
    It's 1:1 interview. First I introduced myself in English, then he asked me what I'm interested in and some programming questions.
    My advice is: firstly you must be well prepared, self-introduction and something else; secondly, doing more practice, he will ask you a lot of practical problems.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference of session, cookie and cache?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.