eBay Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

eBay Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at eBay

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at eBay (Portland, OR (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a Talent Acquisition Specialist who asked me a few general questions about my current job. She then sent me an 'exercise' to complete that involved using software that I had never used before. She asked that I return it as quickly as possible. I went out and got said software and completed the exercise (perhaps not to my best satisfaction). Three days later I got an email saying that they had decided to look at other candidates. No reasons were given...

Interview Questions

• Checkpoints that I would use to test a chat system.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay in November 2015.

Interview

One hour phone interview was scheduled. Had applied online.
    Interview was average. The person supposed to take the interview was out sick so someone else took it.
    Interviewer called right on time. Coordinating team was very smooth.
    Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Java coding question.
      2. Write a SQL queries using Group by and having.
      3. Describe you previous job responsibilities.
      4. Questions specific to my previous project.   2 Answers

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Was contact over the phone by a Recruiter. She talked with me regarding my resume for about 20-30 minutes. When she was satisfied she told me what the interview process is going to be like and told me look forward to an e-mail requesting some time and dates when I'd be available to take an interview. The interview was then scheduled in 2 parts. 2 people were set to call me on 2 different days for 1 hour each. The first round was non-technical. Mostly talked about what they did, what I had done in the past. He went over my whole resume and everything that I had written in it. In the second round the guy asked me a lot of technical questions only one of which I was not able to answer at the time. Very basic but I guess I just got a little nervous and confused. He then gave me his e-mail address and 3 questions to write the code for and asked me to e-mail the answers to him within 20 minutes. It took me about an hour to do so. I think that was my failing point in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a static method, a static variable and a static class?   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

There are two more rounds of technical interview. The final round is a HR interview with the mundane “Tell about yourself”, “What your strengths and weaknesses”, “Why do you want to work here?”, “Why should we hire you?”, Do you prefer to work alone or on a team?, How do you handle pressure?. 3-5 days but could take up to a 4 weeks before they will give you a job.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

write compilable code in 1 hr to solve the problem: given a number, how many different ways to separate it by unlimited 1, 5, 10, 25 coins.

1:1 interview: describe 1NF, DFS vs BFS, o(1) time search

Interview Questions

• known an egg will broke when dropped from the 100th floor, given 2 eggs, how to decide drop at which floor the egg will not brake   2 Answers
    • how to find the closest 2 number in an array of unique positive number   5 Answers

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at eBay in April 2011.

Interview

There was a phone screen followed by an onsite interview after a week. Interviewed by 6-7 engineers and one HR round onsite.

Interview Questions

• Mostly comprised of technical questions on algorithms, Java, programming   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Berlin (Germany)) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview process takes 4 steps. Phone interviews, assessments and the last one was the onsite interview in eBay Berlin Office. J and the team make me feel part of the team.

Interview Questions

• Exploratory testing, Story refinement, Pair programming   2 Answers

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in September 2015.

Interview

phone call, followed by two interviews, first was a coding test with 5 questions, the second was 2 logic problems.
    HR interview about work unrelated stuff for an hour
    then interview with the potential boss with more logic questions

Interview Questions

• how to reverse a string, how would you design a game, some use of OOP to fix code   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.