Equal Experts Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.7
Equal Experts Managing Director Thomas Granier
Thomas Granier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • good work life balance possible (in 11 reviews)

• There are lots of interesting projects with some high-profile clients and you get to learn a lot about delivering in a pretty short amount of time (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The sudden growth exceeded everyone's expectations, and now the admin side is catching up (in 3 reviews)

• Company is clearly showing growing pains, with standardisation (of internal processes, tools, etc (in 3 reviews)

1. "Best Company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Operations in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Operations in Manchester, England

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Working around some really smart people who are very passionate about what they do
    -Incredibly Enabling environment, if you have an idea as long as you have the ability / drive you can make it happen
    - The clues in the name individuals and ideas are given the 'equal' respect no matter what the job title
    -Client focused approach, at all levels of the business employees seem dedicated to provide quality and value to their clients

Cons

I enjoy going to work every day, Equal Experts employee people at experienced / senior level and they expect you to lead the way in your field. This is great but could be intimidating for some.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good stuff, some more staff nights out might be nice!

2. "Great environment to work in and great work life balance"

Current Employee - Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to be surrounded by egoless, intelligent and collaborative colleagues, Equal Experts is perfect for you. The network is extremely helpful and friendly, and it's a place you'll be certain to form long lasting friendships.

Cons

Due to internal changes you sometimes feel like they don't really know what's going on with a lot of things themselves, but they are growing rapidly, so it's to be expected.

Advice to Management

Keep all the good work you're doing with restructuring EE. But don't let yourself get swallowed by process and become rigid! The ad-hoc and dynamic style of EE as a business is what keeps it personal and a great place to work.

3. "Great people, great values and they care"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Leeds, England

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm working with the most experienced group of people it's ever been my pleasure to work with. As Equal Experts looks at values as part of the recruitment process, I'm also working with some of the nicest, most pragmatic people as well. This makes delivery as easy as it ever can be and a lot of fun to boot.

If you've got enough experience and you want to work in a caring, fun, interesting team then take a good look at these guys. I liked them so much I went permie after thinking that I'd never do that again.

The flat structure makes it really easy to discuss anything with anyone. Even the MD is available for anyone to talk to. Show me another company where you can say that.

The associate networks means that, if you want to, you can go off and do something else for a while and then be welcomed back at any time (providing there's an open role, obviously).

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep going guys

5. "Best place I've worked!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

I have been working at Equal Experts (Less than a year)

Pros

Although EE are a company that is staffed mainly by contractors (75%) you would never know this.

They say they are a company of grown ups and this is definitely the case, structure is flat, everyone is trusted to do their jobs and there is none of the usual politics or nonsense you get in almost all other companies.

As an associate (contractor) you really get the best of all worlds as you get paid great day rates and have a fantastic support network and welcoming culture.

If you are a contractor at the top of your game then look no further, if you are thinking of going contracting then look no further. EE is the place to be

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep it up - I'm proud to work with EE

6. "Senior Consultant/Developer"

Former Employee - Senior Agile Java Developer in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior Agile Java Developer in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts (Less than a year)

Pros

- Life work balance and Flexibility
    - Very kind and understanding Senior management team
    - Highly skilled, professional and resourceful company

Cons

- Visibility on internal vacancies could be improved
    - They gain lots of traction and their clients have big expectations. But not all their teams are at full capacity. Regardless of that they manage very well to move forward no matter the challenge.

Advice to Management

Aim to supply your teams always. Make sure all your dev teams have a business analyst close to them and they have all they need. Improve the visibility of your internal vacancies.

7. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Office in London, England
    Former Employee - Office in London, England

Pros

Nice head office, nice people

Cons

None that I can think of

"The place to be"

Current Employee - People Manager in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - People Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time

Pros

Equal Experts brings a refreshing twist to the standard IT consultancy. It puts together talented professionals, caring people and exciting projects. You have the flexibility to try new things without the corporate noise to hinder every idea or initiative.
    But what is most impressive is the care for each and every one of its employees (associates or permanent).

Cons

The sudden growth exceeded everyone's expectations, and now the admin side is catching up. A good problem to have

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!

"As they say: 'company for Grown Ups'"

Current Employee - Associate (Contractor) in London, England
    Current Employee - Associate (Contractor) in London, England

Pros

Genuinely inspiring people work here.
    Great projects.
    All projects modern and Agile
    They employ or contract great people and let them get on with it
    No rigid structure.

Cons

Might be nice to hear about the other project / teams a bit more

Advice to Management

Don't lower the bar! This is working great. And thanks for having me.

10. "Working at EE"

Current Employee - People Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - People Manager in London, England

Pros

It's a fantastic and supportive environment. I am surrounded by people that are great at what they do and it's true what they say, it's a company of grown-ups.

Cons

There's no career progression, as there is a flat hierarchy - but that's not a con, because I like the flat hierarchy but could be seen as a negative to others.

11. "Why I love my company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts (More than 3 years)

Pros

EE provides the opportunity to grow and learn every day no matter how experienced you are. The flat structure means everyone can put forward an idea and if it's good, you make it happen. I love working with grown ups but we still have fun. The company is growing and changing so rapidly but the specialness which is EE is still there

Cons

Keeping on top of all the new business as it changes all the time

Advice to Management

We must keep reminding ourselves why we were founded and we must never forget the value of non-technical people too who work with technical people to make this company such a success in the wonderful world of technology