General Dynamics Mission Systems Reviews

Updated 8 Sep 2020

3.7
General Dynamics Mission Systems President  Chris Brady
Chris Brady
Pros
  • "Some of the administrative functions get a 9/80 schedule which is nice for work life balance(in 78 reviews)

• "Very understanding of work/life balance(in 73 reviews)

Cons
  • "People don't know where their job stands when they fire upper management or relocate them(in 40 reviews)

• "Senior management doesn't seem to notice that the economy has recovered(in 30 reviews)

1. "Good work life balance"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Cardiff, Wales

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits and flex working

Cons

Coffee machines increased to 20p

2. "Listened to the needs, but poor salary"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very flexible working hours with compressed working.

Cons

Poor salary, not competitive. Would not pay enough so had to leave. they could not be competitive on salary, and relying too much on contractors.

General Dynamics Mission Systems Response

CCO

Thank you for you feedback. Paying competitive salaries – not to mention offering competitive benefits – is critical for any organization. Rest assured, we are listening and we annually review our compensation and benefits compared to everyone – not just in our industry but in every industry. We are committed to making sure our people are compensated for being the very best.

3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Scrum Master in Blackwood, Wales

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, interesting projects, good fun

Cons

Very hard to get pay rise

General Dynamics Mission Systems Response

CCO

We completely agree. Our employees are some of the best and brightest in the industry, working together to deliver groundbreaking solutions. That’s why we are committed to making sure our people are compensated for being the very best. This means, reviewing annually our compensation and benefits packages in order to ensure we continue attracting top talent.

4. "Challenging but exciting role"

Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor in Blackwood, Wales

Pros

Flexible working, competitive salary and bonus package. Extensive pension structure

Cons

Remote location, higher management very male dominated and stuck in the past in terms of mindset

5. "outgoing review"

Former Employee - IT Systems Administrator
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Professional and friendly staff, flexible work hours

Cons

behind on using up to date technologies and software, but security was good

Continue reading

"Lack of progression, poorly managed"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time

Pros

good friendly people. flexible working

Cons

very messy management, little incentive to stay

7. "A nice place to work, meaningful projects"

Former Employee - Principal RF Systems Engineer in Chippenham, South West England, England

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly, honest, committed to ethical business practices and quality

Cons

Being a defence company, not optimum for fast moving commercial technologies.

8. "Great!"

5.0

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working hours, good career progression, diverse business.

Cons

Not a lot of room to rotate between different branches of the business such as Land Systems/Mission Systems.

"Interesting, sometimes"

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time

Pros

Work variety, pleasant atmosphere, flexi working time and hours. Pleasant colleagues. Generally feel part of a team.

Cons

Future planning seems to be none existant at times, leaving some doubt as to whether the job will still exist the following year.

"Just don't go there"

1.0

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems

Pros

Pays the bills. If you don't have the professional/technical ability or qualifications for a role, it will not prevent you getting in or getting ahead at this company. Recent change of Eng Dir has been positive. Pleasant enough canteen with cheap good coffee, although there is an over-reliance on chips and other unhealthy options.

Cons

There is little to no regard for professional and technical excellence or development. The organisation in Wales is led by schmoozers and aggressive types, who do not have the underpinning professional credibility for their roles. Many people have (or develop) coping strategies oriented around setting their more able colleagues up to fail, and stabbing in the back. The "lowerarchy" are frequently allocated roles because they are breathing and unoccupied, or good buddies with someone influential, rather than because they are ideally qualified and interested. Desks are small and cramped together, so illness spreads fast, and it's always extremely noisy which makes it hard to concentrate. Pedestals are tiny. Partitions are too low.

Found 1103 reviews