Capital One Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Laurel, MD (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Application, Assessment, Video interview, two in-person interviews. The first interview went extremely well, but the second one, not so much. The interviewer was snooty and scoffed at my responses. None of the questions were about my personal abilities or why I would be a great fit for the company. I'm not sure if it was because I was the last interview of the day and cutting into his personal time, or he just had a bad day. But Capital One's loss.

Interview Questions

• Typical S.T.A.R format/tell me about a time when... This interview went really well, as I have call center experience and came fully prepared with scenarios.   Answer Question
  • In the second interview the manager came in and said I have 2 questions... "What was a recent piece of technology that you added to your life and how has it affected it?" and "When have you struggled with technology and how did you overcome the obstacle?"   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Wilmington, DE (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a two part interview, the first part was a half hour of behavioral questions with one person and the second part of the interview was job fit questions with a second person.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to change the way you perform your job because of an issue that occured.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Interview process was rather simple. I applied for multiple jobs 3 or so months ago. I got an email for an online assessment which has typical assessment questions. Then about a month later I got a call from a recruiter for a phone interview and scheduled an in person interview for the next day. They asked me four questions and that was pretty much it. Got a call form the recruiter a few days later stating that they would like to hire me. They offered me more than I was expecting to get so it worked out

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you needed to explain a complicated work process to a fellow employee.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you had to handle multiple tasks in a short amount of time.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you encountered a work problem and didn't know how to fix it.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you didn't agree with your direct boss.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Laurel, MD (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

I filled out the application online for the position of Inbound Customer Service Rep. I had to take an assessment test online, which measured my ability to take down information accurately and communicate with customers effectively. I felt confident that I did pretty good. The online application process took about an hour to an hour and a half. A few weeks later, I got a call for a phone interview, which went well. Next I was asked when I would like to come in for a second interview. I selected the very next day. I was interviewed by a manager and there was an observer taking notes also. I felt very comfortable with all of the questions asked especially the "gap in my employment" question. I told them that I wanted to change my career by going back to school to get a degree in accounting and get into the Finance/Accounting industry. In all, they seemed satisfied with my replies. I also asked a bunch of questions about the work environment and level of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the gap in your employment history?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Baton Rouge, LA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was typical

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Only did phone interview and online assessment. Declined the in person interview because I decided I did not want to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you were faced with a difficult situation with a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Glen Allen, VA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

It’s was really laid back and the Human Resources respresentatives were friendly! The work environment seems to be very chill and relaxed. 4 days after the interview I was offered the position! I’m excited to start working there.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Chesapeake, VA (US)).

Interview

The Interview process started off with a on demand interview which I received hours after I applied . Then followed a face to face. I later received a call back.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Multiple sessions of Group interviews if you make it through those then you get a one on one interview with a hiring manager then they tell you to wait for a phone call back or an email

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Everything was done online or over the phone. Easy interview as long as you have worked in customer service for a while. They do a pretend call, even with you knowing nothing about the company-Need to be cheerful, ask if there is anything else you can do for them.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.