Capital One Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty quick. Phone interview, than a power day where I interviewed with a few peers, the person whom would be my hiring manager, and one of their peers. They were professional and asked mosty behavorial quesitons, and also gave me a case study that was like doing a word algebra problem.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult, they were all behavorial and canned   Answer Question

Job fit

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process was rather simple. I applied through the careers website at my university and was contacted within a few days. I had the first interview on campus and the second interview was a super day in the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used your presentation skills to convince someone to see your way of a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

the first round was on-campus. Second round, I flew out to Richmond Virginia. There were three interviews in total : 2 behavioral, 1 case. One behavioral interview consists of all scenario questions. While the other one consists of both scenario questions and fit questions. The interviewers were nice, but slightly intimidating. (They constantly took notes during interviews, which might be slightly awkward)

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you used your innovation to solve a problem   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

Have difficult testing that may not be related to the position
    If you do not pass the assessment they will not proceed with the interview process

Interview Questions

• They hired me as a temp to perm contractor, so the interview process was easy, since they already new my performance. So, no real questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, able to negotiate
    Had only a certain timeframe to accept

Advice:
    Throughly prepare for the assessments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

I got an interview at Capital One through my University's career center. I had a first found interview in late February 2011. The interview took place on campus and was relatively conversational in tone. The interview consisted of several behavioral questions and requests for additional details regarding sections of my resume. Following the interview I was contacted via email and was required to take an IQ test that had both a verbal and mathematical component; both relatively easy. I was offered a final round interview which I have not yet completed.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

Hr representative called to set up interview with Hiring Manager. The Hiring Manager called on time and was very pleasant. She gave detail information about position and and asked detailed information. I suggest to plan for phone interviews; have resume, know positioning and exiting statement, research the salary for the position and company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position and what make you the best person for this position and how will you help to grow the company.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

I'm an independent contractor working through one of the preferred staffing agencies. I emaled an agency recruiter, talked with him on the telephone, and had a phone interview 3 days later. The next day I was offered an 8 month contract. From there it took 3 weeks to get all the paperwork done, order a laptop for me, and get my security badge

Interview Questions

• They did not do any business cases for my contract position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Capital One is pretty tight on contractor rates, but after my first contract, I was able to negotiate a small bump up in my hourly rate for the next contract.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied to the position through my university and realized at a reception prior to on-campus interviews how competitive the process was. On-campus interview was great. It was a behavioral interview and I connected with the interviewer; it was fairly casual and felt more like a conversation. Nothing unexpected. Found out five days later that I was selected for an on-site interview, which they call "power days". I could have interviewed as early as the following week but, due to my scheduling issues, I had to postpone by almost a month. Before on-site, however, I had to complete an arduous testing process that took four hours. On-site interview consisted of two more behavioral interviews and a case interview. Behavioral interviews were fine, each consisted of three long-ish questions with plenty of back and forth and question time. One of the interviewers was a tad unprofessional but not a big deal. Case was fairly straight forward with plenty of back and forth as well. Entire process was very professional and provided a clear view into their corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions-- describe a group situation during which time you were a manager and you had such and such problem, describe a situation during which you were a team-member and had to step up to the plate, what accomplishments are you most proud of, etc.   Answer Question
    • Case interview-- based on credit card portfolios. Required simple arithmetic and strong logical/ problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Two case studies. 1 ) Project management basics 2) Analytical case study with emphasis on algebra instead of analytical reasoning.

Interview Questions

• Describe your project experience.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

First was HR screening for about 20-30 minutes, then was asked to do online assessments for Work Style, Comprehension and Numerical reasoning. Passed all of them, still have to schedule an onsite interview. Hopefully all goes well. In my opinion, numerical test had very short duration, I couldn't answer all the answers.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.