Capital One Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty quick. Phone interview, than a power day where I interviewed with a few peers, the person whom would be my hiring manager, and one of their peers. They were professional and asked mosty behavorial quesitons, and also gave me a case study that was like doing a word algebra problem.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult, they were all behavorial and canned   Answer Question

Job fit

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process was rather simple. I applied through the careers website at my university and was contacted within a few days. I had the first interview on campus and the second interview was a super day in the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used your presentation skills to convince someone to see your way of a problem.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

the first round was on-campus. Second round, I flew out to Richmond Virginia. There were three interviews in total : 2 behavioral, 1 case. One behavioral interview consists of all scenario questions. While the other one consists of both scenario questions and fit questions. The interviewers were nice, but slightly intimidating. (They constantly took notes during interviews, which might be slightly awkward)

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you used your innovation to solve a problem   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Two case studies. 1 ) Project management basics 2) Analytical case study with emphasis on algebra instead of analytical reasoning.

Interview Questions

• Describe your project experience.   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, 1st rd interview on campus - 3 behavioral based questions, 2nd rd in Richmond, VA, 1 case interview, 1 behavioral, 1 job-fit

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One in September 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me within 4 hours of applying on-line, which was very surprising. He wanted to set up an initial phone interview and set it up for 5 days later during the afternoon (weekend included). Normal questions, however recruiter seemed disorganized had difficulty discussing the position, I could hear papers shuffling during the interview when he struggled to tell me about the position. Overall I had a positive feeling about the interview. He told me he would be talking to the hiring manager in four days and would contact me during the afternoon. However, he called two days later and said he had talked to the hiring manager early and that he wanted me to proceed to the next step in the process, which consisted of an Experience and Style Inventory and Numeric & Verbal Reasoning Assessment. He promptly sent the links to me within a few minutes of the conversation ending. Again I had a good feeling about the process. The emails recommend that I utilize the practice tests for Verbal and Numeric Reasoning Assessments because they are timed. The next morning I clicked on the provided link and looked at the example questions for the assessments and then completed the practice tests. The Numeric Reasoning Assessment was difficult and a challenge. I re-took the practice test for six hours that day and for two hours the following day to prepare. Some of the sample word problems made no sense whatsoever. There was no way to finish these problems on the assessment within the allotted amount of time. It was time to move on and complete this next step in the process. I opened the link to the inventory and assessments. The inventory is not timed, however the questions in my mind were rather ambiguous and they want you to answer Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Neutral, Agree, Strongly Agree. Before the assessments you have an opportunity to take another shortened practice test. The Verbal Reasoning Assessment was exactly along the lines of the previous practice test. However, the Numeric Reasoning Assessment practice before the "real" assessment was totally different from the practice tests I have rehearsed with over the last day and a half. I was taken aback and went through the eight question practice test. Do you know how to calculate inflation off of the top of your head? Are you able to look at a chart with GDP, GDP per person, GDP growth percentage, and percent unemployed and know how many people were in the country during that year? I did not, but I was committed and moved forward with the actual assessments. The Verbal one was a little more difficult than the practice ones and I finished with seconds to spare. The Numeric assessment was not quite as hard as the practice questions just previous to the real assessment, however I think I got through question 11 of 18 during the 25 minute duration. I did not have a good feeling after completing this step in the process. Two and half hours after finishing the assessments I received a call from the recruiter and he told me that my negative results on the assessments would preclude me from continuing the hiring process with Capital One. I may apply for a position in six months and take the assessment again if I pass the initial phone interview and I am cleared by the hiring manager. So, I was prevented from moving forward in a hiring process by tests, sad isn't it? To think that a corporation will hang a person's potential employment on tests developed by a company in a foreign country.

Interview Questions

• Why have you been unemployed for over two years?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One in October 2014.

Interview

Recruited at an on-campus career fair and passed through first round behavioral interview. Questions consisted of "Tell me about a time when.." Invited for a second interview in Richmond, VA. Second interview to include behavioral, job fit, and a case interview. Everyone I've worked with from the company has been extremely helpful and willing to work with me. Great experience so far.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One in October 2014.

Interview

First round: 45 minute interview, casual, behavioral questions (tell me about...). Second round is a "power day" at the capital one headquarters. Three interviews in this round, one job fit, one behavioral and one case interview. The interviewers are usually casual and just want to see your personality and skill set and how you can use both to handle work situations.

Interview Questions

• Tel me about a time you had to overcome a challenge when working with a team.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

I was a contractor, so my interview process was not as detailed as it would've been had I been hired from the outside. No interviews were required, however I was required to complete analytical testing which I was very nervous about, but luckily passed!

If these tests aren't passed, contractors are typically given the opportunity to interview with managers outside of their work area as a work-around.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions are typically on the electronic tests because they are very analytical and I hadn't had a similar test since I was in college, almost twenty years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my salary, and quite frankly I should have! I think there is quite a bit of room for negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One (Mettawa, IL (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview with two employees setup by a recruiting firm. They provided a conference bridge for the call. Two employees were on the call; they were calling in from both in different locations. I was expecting a face to face interview afterwards. But since this was only for a contract position there was no follow up. (Offer was made shortly after the call.)

Interview Questions

• They like to think of themselves as high level consultants so they'll ask you a strategy question like - 1) where do you think of credit card industry is going? or 2) what do you think Capital One should do to be stronger in the industry?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.