Capital One Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated 4 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Capital One

3.3
HardAverageEasy
Found 83 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in May 2021

Interview

I Applied online and got a call from recruiter in a week. Recruiter was very prompt and transparent. He explained the process 1) Interview with hiring Manager 2) Mini case Product 3) Power Day I cleared the hiring manager round and was promptly setup for mini case ( for me it was creditwise) Interviewer started off with typical questions. Questions listed here were in line with what was asked. I prepared very well and in fact I gave several interviews this month successfully and had two offers one i rejected and one on hand , out of all, i was more confident about this one as my preparation and execution was perfect( at least i thought so). At the end of the interview , she told me that "You did good" ( I didn't ask her). Next day I got a call from recruiter saying i did not clear the mini case. I was shocked nd asked if i can get feedback, Recruiter said they dont have any feedback in system and that only it says I failed.

Interview Questions
  • 1) tell me about yourself 2) what do you think a product manager's role is 3) Understanding customer needs and pain points ( how can you improve the product and how is it brings value to the company) 4)Understanding business context and how business value is created by products ( market size and the product value for company) 5)Understanding of technology and how it can be leveraged to solve problems, how you would execute a feature (design evaluation, solution, and execution)
    Answer Question
Capital One
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

The process I had was an initial phone screen and then a deeper dive over another phone interview and then a long day of more interviews and case study challenge questions. Very long process and took multiple hours (6-8) for the entire process

Capital One
Application

I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Starts with a typical phone screen. You talk to someone else on the team that's higher up - director vp level, then onsite interview with case questions and product case

Interview Questions
  • 7 improvements to your favourite product
Capital One
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Capital One in Jan 2021

Interview

Applied with an employee referral and worked with a great recruiter. I was told that in 2021 they added a round before the finals, called a mini case. I had my phone screening with the hiring manager and I was rejected after the conducting mini-case with no feedback. Mini case was supposed to mirror what PMs would do at Capital One and I was told it would be about a Capital One product. Mine was about CreditWise. There were 7-8 parts to it starting from questions around value of CreditWise to the company, market sizing, the enrollment process, building a new feature to take pictures of driver's license, technical design/features, UX design, reviewing what you would do in edge cases (i.e. if app is released in 2021, but using the license design of 2020 and it changes 1 month later), and how you would present this new feature to leadership. Overall, I would say a really great way to get product sense from a candidate. But, Capital One has left a bad taste in my mouth since they do not provide feedback and candidates don't have an opportunity to improve.

Interview Questions
  • What is the potential market size for this new feature (i.e. to into category breakdowns with #s)? What would you need to build if you were to build a feature to take a picture of a driver's license? How would you create the UX for this new feature?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in Nov 2020

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter following an application I had submitted for a screening. The recruiter was very slow in replying to my email (after initiating the conversation to connect) and I had to follow up multiple times. Once we had the interview she called me 10 mins later than our scheduled time and said she thought I would be good fit and would share my information with the hiring manager. I never heard anything after that discussion.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself Why are you interested in leaving your current role
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD
Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Gaithersburg, MD)

Interview

I interviewed at CapitalOne a few times, didn’t receive an offer though. The questions were sneaky and they looked for very specific skillets. Some interviewers were nice, some were straight up rude. I’d like to know why I was rejected because their job description was very vague, I felt I fit the bill nicely - but hiring managers looked for particular skillsets that were not communicated in the job description. I remember one time, my interview lasted 30 mins, for 27 mins the hiring manager was bragging about his achievements, only 3 mins left for me. Total waste of my time.

Interview Questions
Capital One
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One in Oct 2020

Interview

There were phone calls and video interviews. I had three interviews in one day. The interviews were about product design, product skills, business analysis. I spoke with 5+ people. There were delays in communication in the process.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (San Francisco, CA) in Jul 2020

Interview

This has been the worst interview experience I have ever had in my 7+ years of PM interviewing. I interviewed twice with Capital One, first time was in March 2020 where I was contacted by the recruiter, after our initial call I was supposed to have a follow up with the hiring manager but no response from the recruiter. I followed up with the recruiter over the period of 4 weeks and no response at all, I assumed I just fell through the cracks. Fast forward to July 2020 I get contacted by the same recruiter for a different Product Manager role (ignores our first encounter) and schedules a call with the hiring manager. Again I send a follow up email regarding my application but looks like I am ghosted again. This has been a terrible experience and I will never apply to such a dysfunctional organization.

Interview Questions
  • Why Capital One? Tell me about yourself?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in May 2020

Interview

The interviewer was very nice. Asked general questions about my experience and career journey. They weren't sure if they were going to be hiring soon or not and were kindly upfront about that.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience leading up to your current role.
Capital One
Application

I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Applied online. Got back call to interview after three weeks then flew to Virginia offices for the interview l. Two cases back to back interview. They give you a room in the office. Your interviewers will come to the room at the allotted time

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 83 Interviews

Popular Careers with Capital One Job Seekers