Experis Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.5
Experis CEO Martin Ewings
Martin Ewings
Pros
Cons
  • "I have no cons working for Experis(in 38 reviews)

• "No paid time off or holiday pay(in 22 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Positive working environment"

in Bristol, England

I worked at Experis

Pros

Results driven environment without the usual high-pressure sales focus. Reasonable expectations and a very strong and cohesive Delivery team. Delivery Manager is extremely friendly, knowledgeable and supportive and helps create an inclusive and supportive culture. Lots of social events like rounders, football. Not great if you are not a sports person, but always invited to join in. The commision is excellent and... there is a lack of KPI's, which allows for true autonomy. The company do recruitment well and always follow best practice in recruitment. High billers do not have an ego issue and are open to sharing their expertise for the benefit of their peers. Great client base and plenty of fillable roles to work on. Stimulating environment where talent can succeed and achieve high salaries.

Cons

The team leader I worked with was a little inexperienced and lacked people skills (apart from gossip in the break room) This is, however, the exception and the majority of leaders here are approachable and intelligent.

Advice to Management

Despite being very busy the Management team make time for their staff. Keep up the positivity!

Experis2018-11-30

April 2, 2019Director, Experis UK

Hi there - thank you for your feedback. Great to hear that you found Experis a positive working environment. I couldn't agree more that our people are what make our brand so great.

2. "Great atmosphere to work"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Manchester, England

I worked at Experis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice office environment, opportunity to earn good money

Cons

Ups and downs as with all recruitment

Advice to Management

Not applicable at this time

Experis2019-01-24

July 4, 2019Director, Experis UK

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that you find Experis a great place to work and I couldn't agree with you more.

3. "an okay company but....."

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Experis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Left to your devices and given chances to grow your desk very good training and development Thats about it to be honest

Cons

terrible lads culture, needs to changed as it is old fashioned and not desirable in a company. Desk is stone cold (when I say cold I mean cold) it appears this office is completely cut off from the rest of Experis who are on the PSL of many great companies but this office does not have access to contacts or supplier agreements. You are literally given a phone and a computer and told to make money not ideal.... Most people in the team have no recruitment exp prior to Experis so no range of skills.

Advice to Management

Hire some decent senior recruiters, and stop the lads culture it is not a good look and is very 90's.

Experis2019-10-15
  4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Altrincham, England

I have been working at Experis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really kind colleagues, easy to use systems, management really cares, team working environment, location, nice atmosphere.

Cons

I can't really think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep on this track, care for your staff and you'll get the most out of them. I already feel as though you're working towards this anyway.

Experis2019-08-30
  5. "Working for Experis"

I have been working at Experis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Experis has a great working environment with friendly, positive colleagues. You are made to feel welcome from the get go and are supported where you need it. There are regular newsletters to highlight those who have done well with a token gift as a thank you which is nice to see.

Cons

The pay isn't necessarily very good and you cant earn commission until you have worked with the company for 6 months and providing you have passed probation.

Experis2019-08-21
  6. "Nice place to work"

I have been working at Experis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very easy going place to work and staff are all friendly. I generally enjoy working here.

Cons

I have only been at Experis 3 month and haven't yet had a bad experience.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the day to day of a manager can be very busy however all I would say is when people are brand new to the business, maybe try and put time aside to help them where is needed as when you are completely new to a role and finding your feet, management are the people we turn to for help.

Experis2019-08-21

"Good people hampered by useless bullies as management"

Former Employee - Contractor Care in Altrincham, England

I worked at Experis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of the people are fantastic and the job is relatively interesting enough to keep you busy for a while. The overall rating is two stars purely for the peers you get to work with, otherwise it would be one.

Cons

MANAGEMENT. The department dropped from about seven managers to three, only one of whom is competent. Of the other two one is lazy and uncommunicative and it is blatantly obvious that the only reason she keeps her job is her friendship with her direct manager. The other is more interested in climbing the ladder than looking after her team and clients. Both of these managers have had numerous complaints of bullying... made about them by various different people (all of whom have now left the business, some stating explicitly that they were leaving because of their manager). As far as those watching could see, the results of these serious complaints were absolutely zero. No official investigations, no statements taken, no punishments. Which accurately describes how this company sees people. Unless your face fits, you keep your mouth shut and nod along like a well-trained puppy when they're lying to your face and tripling your workload with no pay raise, they couldn't care less how good you are at your job. One team of about fifteen lost a total of fourteen people in around eight months, and no one thought to question why this had happened, or even listen to people raising their concerns. They secretly hire people on a higher wage under the disguise of a higher job title but don't tell anyone, so you're effectively sitting there training someone being paid a couple of grand more than you who is supposed to be your senior team member and someone to support you. They also lie in interviews about how much money you start out on, conveniently forgetting to mention that the annual sum they flog it to you as, you only actually get after a six month probation and if you meet your targets. Also you will be earning significantly less than anyone in Recruitment. You will be completely disregarded despite the fact that the company couldn’t function without the back office departments. Promotions are only offered after you threaten to leave, and even then very grudgingly and with the minimum offered to keep you there. You will receive little to no training from people already doing three other people’s jobs who are therefore unable to support you.

Advice to Management

You need to go back to smaller teams with more managers so the excuse of "my team is too big to manage" can't be used any more. Implement a thorough training program for new starters. Stop hiring people in secret as seniors it creates distrust and friction amongst the teams. Take a SERIOUS look into the bullying problem going on and stop dismissing the complaints and concerns that are raised. Your pay structure is... absolutely appalling, it needs to be significantly increased for the complicated job you are selling as "admin".

Experis2019-05-31

"Change is really needed"

I have been working at Experis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some great people working there

Cons

Employees, especially support staff, are overworked and underpaid, even with a recent pay rise this does nothing to compensate for the workload and stress put on support staff. Despite a pay rise the salary is still considerably lower than other recruitment companies and administration roles - you can go down the road for a job that has better hours, pays more and is far less stress. As more and more people leave... they are not replaced and their workload is added to the remaining support staff who are already struggling to cope. Management is completely out of touch - your team manager is either entirely absent, spending little to no time supporting their team, or bullying other staff members (to the point several people have been driven to leave because of this behavior). A new system was brought in which was not ready to go live making an already bad situation far worse despite multiple warnings from the team testing it that is was not ready to be used. The consequence of this was that oftentimes staff have to resort to going out of process just to get the basics of the job done efficiently. Where people used to stay with the company for years staff are now leaving at an alarming rate including many long-term staff with valuable knowledge and newer members of staff staying just a few weeks before they've had enough. New staff are lied to in interviews being promised good career progression when really there is none and a salary higher than what they will receive for the first 6 months

Advice to Management

Total change is needed in the atmosphere, culture, training structure, teams and management. Smaller teams are needed and those teams need to be properly supported with a manager who is present and willing to help not bully or is reluctant to even train new team members. Senior management need to take a long look at how many people have left within the last 18 months and see why this is. It is not normal for... almost all of an entire team to leave in quick succession or for so many people to be signed off and not return.

Experis2019-06-14

"Support Staff Beware"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Altrincham, England

I worked at Experis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generally, decent people working around you on the same level. Allowed me to gain experience in the line of work I wanted to go into.

Cons

Support staff, especially contractor care, are never held in particularly high esteem. Workloads were getting worse and worse with multiple experienced members of staff leaving in such a short period of time due to poor pay, next to no benefits and absolutely no reward for consistent hard work. The company is only interested in its recruiters. These are the people that make them money after all... Everyone else, a... complete afterthought.

Advice to Management

Sort out your pay structure, progression and culture for Support Staff. The staff turnover is astonishing. The fact you don't seem to mind that as a company, you're providing your contractors with such an awful service (through no fault of contractor care themselves, mainly due to staffing levels and inability to retain experienced staff) is borderline laughable.

Experis2019-04-16

July 4, 2019Director, Experis UK

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to send your feedback – I appreciate your honest review. I am pleased to read your positive comments around your colleagues and culture. I am sorry however to read some of your other comments about recognition for support staff. All our employees are very important to us and we always want to make sure our people feel recognised and rewarded for the work they deliver. Thank you for all your hard work - I will ensure your feedback is taken on board.

10. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Experis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked with Experis for over 3 years. Its a great company with good benefits and commision scheme. Good place for someone who wants to work hard and grow in career + make money.

Cons

Immediately management was very poor, lack of goals and drive.

Advice to Management

Get good inspiring managers.

Experis2018-11-14

April 2, 2019Director, Experis UK

Hi there, thank you for sending your feedback. I'm glad to hear of your positive experience of working with us. Our people are really important to us and we always continue to focus on recognising and rewarding good work, while offering opportunities to help our staff develop their careers at Experis. Of course we do realise that there is still room for improvement and areas to be addressed. I'm sorry to learn that you're no longer working at Experis but would like to wish you all the best in your career.

Found 44 reviews