Capital One Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.2

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview. The first interview was 1 on 1 interview, and the interviewer was a data analyst. The process took 30 minutes. The interviewer would like to ask many questions to see if you were really interested in this position.

Interview Questions

• Why you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

There is a 45-minute phone interview with very casual conversation, and then they flew me to Virginia to do 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview. The first interview felt like such a nice casual conversation just to learn about one another.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you've worked on, how do you keep up to date with the next big thing?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Overall good experience, started pretty well. Going through resume and then technical questions related to the skillset required. Had to write SQL queries, python basic codes and theoretical questions and working of AWS.

Interview Questions

• Basic Python, SQL & AWS related   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Wichita, KS (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

lt was a pretty interview and I enjoyed answering the questions that they asked because you could tell they really pay attention to detail and to who they are interviewing to make sure they are the right candidate for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

2 rounds. First round was done via videochat. Very conversational with a current data analyst. He asked me some typical behavioral questions (describe a time when __) but also asked me how I keep up with new technology and what new technology I'm most excited about, etc. I heard back 4 days later that I was selected for a second round. I was flown to Richmond approx. 3 weeks later, put up in a nice hotel, reimbursed for food and Lyft. I had 3 interviews: one behavioral and two case. I had never done a case interview before, but my background is in math/statistics so I didn't find them too difficult. I think my nerves got the best of me because I made a couple of mistakes but the interviewers got me back on track. The behavioral interview just consisted of three formal questions (describe a time when __). After all 3 interviews, another current employee took myself and two other interviewees to lunch on the C1 campus and gave us a tour of the building we were in. Overall a really positive experience, as everyone was extremely nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed at something, and how you dealt with that   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Virtual interview, very short, very odd. Met with recruiters on campus and then was contacted for an interview about a week later. Had a virtual interview and then was given an answer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with new technology? what is your favorite new technology?... stuff like that. No behavioral questions just 3-4 questions about technology. They are probably looking for people to pry into their questions and ask more questions about the technology that they are referring to.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online through College website. Got selected for an on-campus interview a few weeks later. It was a 30 minutes behavioral interview with the hiring manager. Depending on your recruiter they also give you sample behavioral questions and tips (STAR method) to help you prepare for the interview.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied online, then i gt a call from HR followed by Technical and Skype the lady who took the skype interview is kinda rude so i suggest Capital One to train their employees on EQ as well.!!

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Two rounds, first is an online math test, once candidate pass that, they flew me down to Richmond for OnSite interview. Two business cases, two soft skill Q&A, overall pretty efficient.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you did that improved overall productivity   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was recruited. There was a phone interview, then an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of a behavioral interview and two case interviews. I liked my recruiter, but the people who did the case interviews with me were not very respectful.

The first interviewer became agitated because I decided to completely erase a couple lines of work. Apparently, I should have kept the work that I could have reused on the paper. But I have avery math intensive background, and my approach to solving problems has always been to completely erase all work that has errors. If you deal with equations that have several variables, you will might have the same habit as me.

I had to clarify what the second case interviewer was actually saying for about 10 or 15 minutes. Each case interview lasts 30 minutes. . . the second interviewer was not a native English speaker.

Besides the issues described above, I felt that the people doing the case interviews tried to help me too much. I actually think better when I don't have people constantly suggesting ideas to me.

Both interviewers gave me the impression that they thought they were very excellent, and that I was somehow lucky to even get interviewed.

I don't think this company is ready for people with math intensive backgrounds. For example, physics majors, math majors, and comp. sci. majors are taught to think problems through methodically. We are used to spending some time thinking through our domain problems so we can give good solutions. We aren't used to sitting down and having a word-salad business problem thrown at us, but many of us are fine with this as long as the interviewer speaks clearly and does not talk to much while we are thinking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to ask help to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.