Capital One Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.2

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview. The first interview was 1 on 1 interview, and the interviewer was a data analyst. The process took 30 minutes. The interviewer would like to ask many questions to see if you were really interested in this position.

Interview Questions

• Why you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Overall good experience, started pretty well. Going through resume and then technical questions related to the skillset required. Had to write SQL queries, python basic codes and theoretical questions and working of AWS.

Interview Questions

• Basic Python, SQL & AWS related   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Wichita, KS (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

lt was a pretty interview and I enjoyed answering the questions that they asked because you could tell they really pay attention to detail and to who they are interviewing to make sure they are the right candidate for the job.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

There is a 45-minute phone interview with very casual conversation, and then they flew me to Virginia to do 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview. The first interview felt like such a nice casual conversation just to learn about one another.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you've worked on, how do you keep up to date with the next big thing?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online through College website. Got selected for an on-campus interview a few weeks later. It was a 30 minutes behavioral interview with the hiring manager. Depending on your recruiter they also give you sample behavioral questions and tips (STAR method) to help you prepare for the interview.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

2 rounds. First round was done via videochat. Very conversational with a current data analyst. He asked me some typical behavioral questions (describe a time when __) but also asked me how I keep up with new technology and what new technology I'm most excited about, etc. I heard back 4 days later that I was selected for a second round. I was flown to Richmond approx. 3 weeks later, put up in a nice hotel, reimbursed for food and Lyft. I had 3 interviews: one behavioral and two case. I had never done a case interview before, but my background is in math/statistics so I didn't find them too difficult. I think my nerves got the best of me because I made a couple of mistakes but the interviewers got me back on track. The behavioral interview just consisted of three formal questions (describe a time when __). After all 3 interviews, another current employee took myself and two other interviewees to lunch on the C1 campus and gave us a tour of the building we were in. Overall a really positive experience, as everyone was extremely nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed at something, and how you dealt with that   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Virtual interview, very short, very odd. Met with recruiters on campus and then was contacted for an interview about a week later. Had a virtual interview and then was given an answer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with new technology? what is your favorite new technology?... stuff like that. No behavioral questions just 3-4 questions about technology. They are probably looking for people to pry into their questions and ask more questions about the technology that they are referring to.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

HR interview: asked about pretty general questions in terms of academic work and projects, personal preferences, then a take-home data challenge which was given a week. Data was messy but the task was pretty easy

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

applied through a university website. When I came into the waiting room, an employee told us we would be doing a case study. However, the interviewer did not do a case study. Instead, he asked simple questions about data analytics

Interview Questions

• What is the process you would take when given a task to analyze data?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Gainesville, FL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I got this Data Analyst Intern opportunity through my university's career fair and was invited for an interview a few days after. Almost all of the questions focused on technology. Easygoing interviewer, but I wasn't prepared. I got a rejection a few days after the interview. The whole process was quick and took about a week total.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with the latest technology?   Answer Question
    • Which current technology interests you and why?   Answer Question
    • What worries you about technology?   Answer Question
    • How have you used new technology for something? How did you learn it? What were the results?   Answer Question
    • What kind of technology do you know? Give an example. How did you use that outside the classroom?   Answer Question
    • What interests you about Capital One?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.