INC Research Reviews

Found 245 of over 508 reviews

3.1
INC Research Chief Executive Officer Alistair Macdonald
Alistair Macdonald
Pros
  • "Allowed to work from home when not traveling(in 38 reviews)

• "Work life balance and give you the best option to grow(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Everything literally, not better in anything except work-life balance(in 34 reviews)

• "Upper management and executives take responsibility for nothing(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Absolutely loving to work for INC

Oct 19, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Camberley, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

people, management, rewards, environment, training

Cons

No cons at all to mention

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Typical CRO

Nov 11, 2019 - Central Monitoring Associate in Camberley, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A good place to start out, before moving to more auspicious lands. I would recommend staying about a year, in order to to gain some CV clout.

Cons

As all CROs, if you are good at your job, they will use you until they run you into the ground. If you say no you are uncooperative, if you say yes they will keep giving you more and more work. Once they have given you too much, if you slip up even only once, that will become an excuse for not letting you progress. Very murky promotion system, managers' pets are much more likely to get promoted. Absolutely no chance to develop and grow.

3. 4.0

Project Specialist II

Mar 9, 2018 - Project Specialist II in Camberley, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, friendly environment, benefits

Cons

No room for progression, old school management

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don’t get INC’D

Nov 3, 2017 - Office in Camber, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are none the only pro is if you don’t end up working here

Cons

Where do I start ??? Ridiculous workload and goals .. upper management are bullies (all the way up to VP level).. no real structure within so work is pushed to whatever dept they think can take it l or can guess their way through it , the only real people that are happy is at the top whom earn a fortune , the ceo uses a term let’s do an inc on them , well please don’t make the mistake that I did and so many other people and get INCD!! Within my 1st few weeks I realised what it was like and met with a recruitment agency , they told me that I do not need to explain why I wanted to leave ax they had new candidates registering daily from my office therefore whatever inc are doing their doing it wrong !! Please don’t be fooled by the excuse of growth that they advertise so much , think logically there is a reason !!

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

CRO

Sep 1, 2017 - Regulatory Specialist in Camberley, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Variety of work, challenging internal and external clients.

Cons

Nothing to mention here at all.

6. 1.0

Project Management

Jun 16, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Well paid compared to other CROs, however this does act like a golden handcuff and you are doomed to eternity here unless you take a pay drop. Take note - nothing is worth this misery.

Cons

PMs in CNS are not allowed to behave as PMs. PDs micromanage and don't actually know how to move on from management work to Director level work. There is a clear level of unprofessional behaviour with how some people communicate. I would not have found this acceptable in the past, but after so many years here, I realise it is the INC norm.

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0

CRA III

Mar 30, 2017 - CRA III in Camberley, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

Can improve with benefit and bonus

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Empathic leadership

Mar 2, 2017 - Project Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I remain impressed at the effort taken to welcome and retain new starters. The Managers/Leaders I met have been helpful and approachable and, dare I suggest, empathic.

Cons

Some systems and processes would benefit from updating to match the success and ambitions of the company.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0

Director

Feb 21, 2017 - Director in Camberley, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company, dynamic environment, new ideas and developments all the time. Nice colleagues, generally helpful. Senior management also supports career development for junior staff

Cons

Some functions/ departments are better developed and staffed than others, and also have more visibility and influence. There is room for improvement and the company is trying

10. 1.0
      Former Employee

It is better to join another company

Oct 10, 2016 - Financial Analysis FA Director in Camberley, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A generous salary of £76,000 a year, bonus and good benefits package I had US Senior Director Financial buy-in to hire and fire according to my needs and ring-fence the UK HR directive hurdles and nonsense policies. This unusual hiring initiative was oddly board level approved.

Cons

I was a strategic hire deployed into the UK FA team. Part of my strategic brief was to predominantly hire external candidates from my last role due to their experience and qualifications and shake up the poor performance of this department. Most of the current FAs in my team were either fully qualified, part qualified or not qualified at all. INC are a US based, hard-nosed poor performing CRO provide no budget, support, study leave or even encouragement for any of their existing financial team who aspire to work within our teams and we often had internal applications which US briefed us to ignore. The US dictate the hire budgets, headcount and are completely disconnected on every level to the European operations which makes working with them so difficult. The US will resource their teams to the max, whilst offering a skeletal and minimal headcount to the UK. The US starve the UK of their food and basic ability to perform well in their functions, whilst their attitudes and offshore performance managing techniques need some basic classroom training. A lot of the senior Directors particularly in the US are velvet curtains, homeworkers or remote workers who operate and are hopelessly responsible for staffing levels across the entire company. The ethos of the company is initiated by a dragon's den style employment process and junior managers are financially rewarded to pat down and pigeon-hole developing talent. Working attitudes and best practices always cascade down management levels in a company, and it is good to see the poor performing CEO stepping down in his role. Unfortunately this company will not change, my advice to anyone in the Financial team at Blackwater - join another company whilst you still can, join a company who will sponsor, nurture and assist you in your qualifications and a non US company who can give you more than a half an hour lunch break.

4 people found this review helpful