INC Research Reviews

3.1
INC Research Chief Executive Officer Alistair Macdonald
Alistair Macdonald
Pros
Cons
  • "Everything literally, not better in anything except work-life balance(in 34 reviews)

• "Upper management and executives take responsibility for nothing(in 19 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Absolutely loving to work for INC"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camberley, England, England

I have been working at INC Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

people, management, rewards, environment, training

Cons

No cons at all to mention

"Typical CRO"

2.0
    Former Employee - Central Monitoring Associate in Camberley, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at INC Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good place to start out, before moving to more auspicious lands. I would recommend staying about a year, in order to to gain some CV clout.

Cons

As all CROs, if you are good at your job, they will use you until they run you into the ground. If you say no you are uncooperative, if you say yes they will keep giving you more and more work. Once they have given you too much, if you slip up even only once, that will become an excuse for not letting you progress. Very murky promotion system, managers' pets are much more likely to get promoted. Absolutely no chance to develop and grow.

Continue reading

"Full of unskilled people. You feel overworked and helpless. Dirty politics, blame games and sly culture"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior CRA in London, England, England

I worked at INC Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Good Salary -Fast recruitment process -False image of being top 5 big CROs in world.

Cons

-POOR training -POOR knowledge and understanding of Leads/PMs. Who are based in different country than you and have major lack of understanding. -Major lack of communication in team. People who have information hide it and don't bother helping. -If you are CRA,then they will make you work like dog. They have so called big teams of feasibility specialist, contract specialist, site start up experts, project specialist who just dump their work on you and leave a cunning smiley :-) at the end of their emails. -Apparently everyone feels that they are overworked and have no hours to spend on any project. (Then what are you doing exactly if you are telling everyone the same story.) -Not good for people who work hard, know their job and take ownership of their work because overall culture is sly and lazy. - They say that their tagline is "I own it" but trust me the reality is exactly opposite. Everyone is looking for some excuse to avoid work.

"Don’t get INC’D"

1.0
    Former Employee - Office in Camber, England, England

I worked at INC Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are none the only pro is if you don’t end up working here

Cons

Where do I start ??? Ridiculous workload and goals .. upper management are bullies (all the way up to VP level).. no real structure within so work is pushed to whatever dept they think can take it l or can guess their way through it , the only real people that are happy is at the top whom earn a fortune , the ceo uses a term let’s do an inc on them , well please don’t make the mistake that I did and so many other people and get INCD!! Within my 1st few weeks I realised what it was like and met with a recruitment agency , they told me that I do not need to explain why I wanted to leave ax they had new candidates registering daily from my office therefore whatever inc are doing their doing it wrong !! Please don’t be fooled by the excuse of growth that they advertise so much , think logically there is a reason !!

Continue reading

"Good for experience, Bad for remuneration"

Current Employee - Site Contracts Analyst in Camberley, England, England

I have been working at INC Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of work going in this growing company means you will be thrown into lots of challenges - great for gaining experience. Career progression opportunities are there if you bide your time and work in the right department. Payroll is very good. Good social side. Great people.

Cons

You do not get paid enough, flexible working policy is implemented differently in different departments, does not have a proper bonus structure in place, benefits are quite lacklustre compared to other CROs (Save for Gym membership). No overtime paid.

Continue reading
  6. "The comapny has shown me an enormous amount of respect from supporting my relocation through to my career development."

5.0
    Recruitment Manager in Camberley, England, England

I have been working at INC Research

Pros

INC Research has supported my career development. I work hard and subsequently have always been recognised for it; I have been promoted into a position of management and been given the autonomy to make the decisions that I feel are right for my team. I am not just another number; my opinion matters!

Cons

This is a company where you are recognised for your merit; people who just want to coast or do not perform are quickly found out.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Camberley, England, England

I have been working at INC Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing company, dynamic environment, new ideas and developments all the time. Nice colleagues, generally helpful. Senior management also supports career development for junior staff

Cons

Some functions/ departments are better developed and staffed than others, and also have more visibility and influence. There is room for improvement and the company is trying

"Empathic leadership"

Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England, England

I have been working at INC Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

I remain impressed at the effort taken to welcome and retain new starters. The Managers/Leaders I met have been helpful and approachable and, dare I suggest, empathic.

Cons

Some systems and processes would benefit from updating to match the success and ambitions of the company.

9. "Great company culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

I have been working at INC Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture - 'can do, I own it' - setting expectations that individuals are accountable, empowered and have the ability to do a good job to the best of their abilities. People -focused: respect individual's experience and knowledge, listen to people's ideas.

Cons

There are none to date

"Current Employee"

Current Employee - SSU Operations Analyst in Reading, England, England

I have been working at INC Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Variability in daily work and facilitation by managment

Cons

Communication of process and system improvements between business units can be improvement to allow for these efforts to be more holistic, to foster strong end-to-end provision of service to internal and external customers

Viewing 1 - 10 of 245 Reviews