Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 Feb 2018

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Norwich, England).

Interview

After going through the online assessment process, I was able to book an interview for the next week.
    I went to the information desk and was greeted by an assistant manager who chatted and took me to the interview room. I was told about the role play activity, and was given about 5 pages of food to look at for the role play. The assessor left the room for 5 minutes, and when she re-entered it began. She asked for a product which was out of stock, and it was my duty to go through any options of phoning other stores, or suggesting alternatives. The role play goes on for about 10 minutes and the assessor is just looking for your customer service skills, and your ability to persuade and sell products. (My advice for this is to just go for it and be confident even if you're not - because realistically if you don't get the job you're never going to see this person again.)
    After this, the assessor left the room to write up her notes, and when she returned she was with the manager. She then asked questions which I have listed below, in a very friendly and nice manner. The interview was very relaxed, and both people made me feel comfortable.
    I was offered the job there and then, and was left to discuss uniform and shift pattern with the assistant manager.
    I have my induction in a couple of weeks!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dorset, VT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Dorset, VT (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Following an online application process which took about an hour, I was offered an interview at M&S. The interview consisted of a role play where I was given a script and had to pretend to be a customer assistant. I then had an interview with one of the managers and was fortunately offered a job at the end if it.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation where you had a positive effect   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Helens, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Saint Helens, OR (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Appied on line was told straight away I was succesful was given an interview for mon 3/11/2014 I was told straight away I had passed the assessment they took my bank details ect recived a call this morning 05/11/2014 saying I had got the job

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (New York, NY (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview involved questions about my background education and customer service experience. I was then asked to do a role play exercise where I was the shop assistant and the interviewer was the customer. Bit embarrassing but not too difficult.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Makati City (Philippines)).

Interview

Submitted online, then after few days HR called for initial interview. If passed, 2 sets of exam then another wave of interviews by Department Manager and HR Manager. Process took almost 2 weeks and called them for follow up. Entry permits are processed personally instead of HR. Offer is stated during actual signing

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

Two parts to the interview process. Firstly, I was taken to the shop floor and told to ask customers whether they required assistance. They would observed how I interacted with the customers. Secondly, I had a competency-based interview which was quite simple and easy.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

First of all I had to complete an application online. Following this I was invited to complete a video interview which consisted of 6/7 questions about the scheme I had applied for, the company and general experience questions. The questions were asked before I was given 30 seconds to prepare an answer which I had a maximum of 2 minutes. After this, I attended an assessment centre which had 3 main parts; a presentation, interview and a group task.

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got invited for 1st round interview within a week. The process was straightforward. Couldn't make it to the second round but zero feedback was give. HR handling was poor.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

Applied online and did a test which i was then immediately invited to an interview which you book online for a date/time that suits you. Interview was quite relaxed, few basic interview questions and then they gave you 5 minutes to look over some sheets of paper with products on to revise for the role play part of the interview.

Sales Advisor (Temporary) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlesbrough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Middlesbrough, England) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was really simple, and nice.

Applied online, took a personality test and was invited in for a 1-on-1 interview. Online lots of people said about a role play, from a certain select of categories (angry customer with something out of stock etc) - mine was to sell vegetarian dishes.

The lady interviewing was so nice, and this was a really smooth interview.

Really relaxed, or at least mine was.

After the role play, there was a panel interview with a different lady, and we discussed times of work, gave me an offer there and then.

Had to turn it down which was a real shame, lovely company to be around.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.