Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marks & Spencer Interview Questions

Updated 16 Aug 2017

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dorset, VT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Dorset, VT (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Following an online application process which took about an hour, I was offered an interview at M&S. The interview consisted of a role play where I was given a script and had to pretend to be a customer assistant. I then had an interview with one of the managers and was fortunately offered a job at the end if it.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation where you had a positive effect   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Helens, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Saint Helens, OR (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Appied on line was told straight away I was succesful was given an interview for mon 3/11/2014 I was told straight away I had passed the assessment they took my bank details ect recived a call this morning 05/11/2014 saying I had got the job

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (New York, NY (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview involved questions about my background education and customer service experience. I was then asked to do a role play exercise where I was the shop assistant and the interviewer was the customer. Bit embarrassing but not too difficult.

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

Went in about 10 minutes early, when i went to the customer service area they didnt sign me in - at the time i didnt even know i was supposed to be signed in- they took me down to the interview room, the interviewer was nice but she told me i had applied for stockroom assistant and i was really confused because the ad specifically said customer assistant and it entailed what the role consisted of. So, after she gave me a info about the stockroom role and what it was like and she mentioned that it involved heavy lifting. Before she showed me the stockroom area she said that if its not for you dont be scared to say that its not for you, so i told her straight away that it wasnt for me cos of recurrent back pain and she understood so she sent me back to the customer service area to sign out. So, i got there and they asked me where my green form was and i said that i didnt get one, so i just said nevermind and left it cos if i didnt sign in, how was i going to sign out??? They seemed quite unprepared to be honest.

Section Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England).

Interview

Interview day at an office in central London. Was one of 8 candidates that day. Each asked to enter the room and a test was conducted (this role was Deli Counter so technical knowledge test here). then individual interview in front of a panel of 3 senior members of the business.

Interview Questions

• Experience in other retail outfits. Passion and desire seemed key traits   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Stratford, London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

After the online process they will invite you in for an interview. In the interview there will be a role play where you will help a customer. You will be given a few pages of products and information about the imaganiry company. the interviewer will ask they are looking for a product; this will be on one of the pages (beware it maybe out of stock). after this there is another process involving a one to one interview, dont forget the 4 Is of Marks and Spencers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you inspired someone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Chelmsford, England) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied in July 2017, had an interview in August, the whole process took about 3 weeks. The online process was quite long but easy, and if you pass you get to choose an interview date straight after - be quick because these dates go very fast.
    The role play was actually a lot better than I thought, it was very relaxed, you just need to throw yourself into it and be confident, really get into the role. You are given all possible information and can look back at it if you want. I then passed this - eye contact is key, as well as upselling extra items like napkins - and could then do the interview. A tip is that if the customer is in a rush don't offer to order online for them. The interview felt very relaxed and casual - I think if you do really well on the role play they go a bit easier on you in the interview questions. Read up on the 4 i's and have an example for each - they do give a description of what each 'i' is if you cant remember. I was told I'd hear by the end of next week, but 2 days later I had a phone call to say I got the job. Unfortunately the job was posted as 'temporary' but didn't say how long for, and it was for a longer period of time than I could do and so I couldn't accept- this was really dissapointing as I actually enjoyed the interview and everyone seemed very friendly, seemed like a really nice place to work. I later received an email saying they would hold my application for 6 months which is positive, and a nice thing of them to do.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in August 2017.

Interview

The interviewers and other staff were super friendly; the role play was based around a customer who required a butternut squash (which was out of stock) as her sister & boyfriend were coming into town. I then had a interview with a manager, which was entirely based on experiences (which didn't have to be work based). I was told I had passed the assessment

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Aberdeen, Scotland).

Interview

Good experience overall! Roll-play to begin with which was easy. Just show that you have interest in the customer's needs and what their event is or reason they are buying the product. Then some basic interview questions with a different manager. The four i's - find that on their website. Got offered the job there and then!

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

Applied online and completed the personality questionnaire. After, an email was immediately sent saying that I passed this stage and that I should book an interview, but wasn't able to get one until the week after. Interview was extremely relaxed; first stage was to do with how I handle situations, why I wanted to work at M&S and talking about my previous experience. Second stage was a role play using cards and picking the wisest course of action for a predetermined scenario. Didn't have to explain any of my choices when the review came.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.