Marks & Spencer Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,491 of over 1,491.0 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Marks & Spencer

Application

I interviewed at Marks & Spencer

Interview

Interview at the store. Asked usual motivational and competency based questions. Then situational judgement questions. Asked to deal with a difficult customer. Asked about Marks and Spencer values and why I relate to these.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for M&S?
    Answer Question

Marks & Spencer

Application

I interviewed at Marks & Spencer

Interview

completed an online questionnaire which would give example scenarios and then you would state how you would respond and then had a 1 to 1 interview with one of the recruitment staff

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Marks & Spencer

Application

I interviewed at Marks & Spencer

Interview

There wasn't one. Didn't hear anything over 8 weeks after applying so withdrew my application. Status was stuck in 'under consideration' whilst they readvertised the job. Not being suitable is fine, just let people know what's going on.

Marks & Spencer

Application

I interviewed at Marks & Spencer

Interview

Easy to talk to, The manager was really nice we conduct the interview in Both Chinese and English. It’s just simple daily conversation and ask about Previous job experience. and briefly introduce what the job is like.

Marks & Spencer

Application

I interviewed at Marks & Spencer

Interview

First stage remote interview for the role which lasted 1 hour. The interview was a positive experience; the interviewers asked testing questions without taking themselves too seriously and feedback was received promptly following the interview. Recruitment team are helpful, responsive and provided detailed feedback.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in May 2022

Interview

Was quite simple, interviewer had a booklet to go through with set questions by m&s to determine character and then had their own set of questions to get to know you. Nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Marks & Spencer

Application

I interviewed at Marks & Spencer

Interview

They take you around to the back of the store to conduct the interview. This was the first initial interview was asked a few questions about who I was, my background, and my expectations for the role. Then given a few photos to pick out issues.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Marks & Spencer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer

Interview

Really easy and relaxed. Asked some questions about my experience and gave me info about the job and when I would start etc. It was pretty informal and lasted about 15 minutes

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Marks & Spencer

Application

I interviewed at Marks & Spencer

Interview

Applied online and answered their questions. Afterwards, I was invited to an in-person interview. I filled out some paperwork, had a chat with the recruitment person, and they said I got the job. I started the following day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Marks & Spencer

Application

I interviewed at Marks & Spencer

Interview

I applied online (this included a couple of questions relating to why I was applying and my work history) followed by an online test which then led to an in-person interview with a manager from the food hall.

Interview Questions
  • Why M&S? Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? An example of working in a team? Working under pressure? Showed initiative? The manager also presented me a real-life work situation where I had to sell a M&S food deal to a client.

Marks & Spencer

Application

I interviewed at Marks & Spencer

Interview

Job had obviously already been allocated just going through the process to tick boxes. Was never contacted after interview to be told whether I was successful or unsuccessful extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • What is your biggest achievement?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,491 Interviews

Marks & Spencer Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Marks & Spencer as 75.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.61 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Assistant and Customer Sales Assistant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Service Assistant and Sales Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Marks & Spencer takes an average of 11 days when considering 1,769 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Service Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Sales Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 8 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Marks & Spencer according to 1,769 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 33.42%