Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Marks & Spencer

1,058 Interview Reviews

2.6

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Received a message for an interview.

I rate it negative as I only got informed on the interview itself that they have a height requirement for this position. I was asked what's my height in feet - this is the interviewer's second question. I wonder why ask when I have placed my height on their form in meters. I asked the if they have a height requirement. I got a yes. Questioning went on.

I left disappointed, such a waste. It was not written on their job post, otherwise I would have not wasted time and effort to apply and go through the interview.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

One to one interview to explain the product. I started convincing the buyer to take this product as soon as possible for availability. Sell this product to the customer and finally accepted to buy.

Interview Questions

• Sell this product to the customer and finally accepted to buy.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

they have long interview process.
    first they do group interview, then 1 : 1. after you do presentation for 15 minutes
    they ask your experiences, your career plan why do you want to work in that company

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dorset, VT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Dorset, VT (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Following an online application process which took about an hour, I was offered an interview at M&S. The interview consisted of a role play where I was given a script and had to pretend to be a customer assistant. I then had an interview with one of the managers and was fortunately offered a job at the end if it.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation where you had a positive effect   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Helens, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Saint Helens, OR (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Appied on line was told straight away I was succesful was given an interview for mon 3/11/2014 I was told straight away I had passed the assessment they took my bank details ect recived a call this morning 05/11/2014 saying I had got the job

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (New York, NY (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview involved questions about my background education and customer service experience. I was then asked to do a role play exercise where I was the shop assistant and the interviewer was the customer. Bit embarrassing but not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Makati City (Philippines)).

Interview

Everything went well, the process was smooth. The HR personnel has a very professional and nice attitude which helped me to calmly answer all of her questions at the right direction.

Retail Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

Apply online, video interview and assessment centre comprising of three parts - presentation task, 1-1 interview and a group task. The day lasted from around 9.00-1.00 and they provided lunch.

Cafe Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

One interview with manager of the cafe in the M&S store. I also met another colleague and human resources person. The interview was very friendly and they asked about my experience and aspirations.

Interview Questions

• About background in working in cafes and serving coffees.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Online application alongside face to face interview. Was quick and was offered the job on the day. Online tests can be time consuming and quite difficult so take your time. Face to face interview can be with two members of staff.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.