Sage Reviews

Updated 5 Aug 2020

4.2
Pros
  • "Flexible working provides the best work life balance I have experienced anywhere(in 172 reviews)

• "Great people - Flexibility - Sage Foundation "giving back" - Good benefits package - Fantastic products(in 130 reviews)

1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"A truley great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Sage about 6 months ago, and have been blown away by the focus on being setup to do the right thing whilst delivering world class leading products, the drive for colleagues to succeed and develop, and the feeling of community through the Sage Foundation. Sage has been nothing short of top class during the Covid-19 crisis, and provided employees with regular, clear and consistent messages, the tools and technologies to perform duties from home and the space & support for people to manage home and work commitments. I genuinely believe that I have joined one of the best businesses in the UK if not the world!

Cons

No cons - joining Sage has been the best decision I have made in my career!

Sage Response

June 1, 2020Global Talent Brand Manager

Welcome to Sage, and thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experiences so far. I am so happy to hear that you are feeling supported and that our focus and direction as a business are clear. And I agree with you....Sage is one of the best businesses in the world!

2. COVID-19

"Going Places"

Current Employee - Partner Success Director in London, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic leadership team with a clear vision for the company's future. Genuinely cares for it's people, especially during Covid-19 Great salary package and benefits

Cons

Some operational areas are still very siloed, which can cause frustration. History weighs heavy on the company, which can slow innovation

3. COVID-19

"Fantastic company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started working for Sage in lockdown, have had a very positive experience and still been able to build relationships with peers and colleagues. Sage have a lot to offer their employees and really do care about what they think and how they act as a responsible organisation, it will take them a long way as it makes such a difference to work for a supportive company. It really does make them stand out.

Cons

None to disclose at this point

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Supportive Management, Flexible

Cons

Huge company and constantly changing environment

5. COVID-19

"A great career option"

Current Employee - Product Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fantastic people, smart offices, free parking, catering services on site. Sharesave scheme, fantastic matching contributory pension, competitive salaries, discount schemes, incremental annual leave (option to buy/sell), flexible working, remote working roles, hot-desk options. Superb handling of Covid-19 pandemic, ensuring all staff globally working remotely, masses of updates and reassurance, a clear focus on supporting customers and staff, no furloughing, free headspace memberships. FTSE100 giant with HQ at the heart of where it all began in the Toon (Newcastle-Upon-Tyne) ... need I say anymore...?

Cons

You'll never want to leave.

Continue reading

"Chance to learn, but careful what you wish for"

2.0
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in Newcastle, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Was a good opportunity to learn, but a toxic culture where only "sucking up" would get you promoted. I went in to learn, and I learned quickly to get out again. Decent pay (could be better if you got rid of all the useless staff who only turn up for a paycheck, they're dragging everyone down with them). Great engineers. Senior Management, not so much.

Cons

Will happily work you into the ground. Senior management very out of touch with reality. You will be seen as just a number. If you expect to change anything, you're going to be very disappointed - too much dead weight to carry. Everyone will be out to take credit for any decent work you do. Don't expect any credit.

7. COVID-19

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Finance in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started with Sage in the middle of the Global pandemic and during lockdown, and have had a truly positive experience. Despite not having met my team or been to the office, I have been made to feel welcome and reassured. It is clear that Sage employees are looked after, with great benefits on offer and lots of opportunities available to learn and progress. I feel that the direction of the company has been made clear to me and made to feel that my role is important in Sage's overall strategy.

Cons

Not having been to the office or meeting my colleagues yet due to working from home - I can't wait to meet the team and truly settle in to life at Sage.

8. "Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary, Progression, Bonus, Flexibility, Diverse, Agile, Progressive

Cons

Some processes are not yielding the best results

9. COVID-19

"Welcoming, challenging and rewarding - what a great company"

Current Employee - Product Director in Manchester, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone has been fantastic during my first 12 weeks despite starting remotely and still not been in the office. The business is going through change to become a leading saas business and its an exciting time to be here as we make that transition. Sage's approach to Covid for customers, accountants and employees has been excellent and supportive in such challenging times and I feel that there is a strong desire to come out of the recent events much stronger in supporting our customers.

Cons

None that I can think off but I am looking forward to getting back into the office at the appropriate time to meet people

10. COVID-19

"Sage really living its colleague success lens!"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've worked at Sage for over 10 years now in various roles and have to say that I've been so impressed with the companies attitude and support since Steve Hare was appointed as CEO in the way that the company has evolved and the way it looks after its workforce and never more so than during the Covid-19 pandemic. I've especially seen UKI leadership really step up the mark in ensuring that our colleague success focus really is at the heart of making Sage a success. Homeworking across the entire business with put into place within a matter of days even for those roles that previously could never be done from home (the business and our colleagues have made it work), we've been given free access to mindfullness and healthcare apps not just for ourselves but for our family to also use, encouraged to use volunteer time to support local causes virtually during the pandemic and just this morning have also been given extra time off for the whole UKI and Ireland business to spend with our families. Sage along with its management team has been hugely supportive and flexible during this time and understands the challenges of home working with young children. I'm extremely proud to work for a company that values its employees so highly.

Cons

None currently, I'm extremely impressed with the way that we're valued

Found 2132 reviews