Sage Reviews

4.2
Sage CEO Steve Hare
Steve Hare
1,108 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great people - Flexibility - Sage Foundation "giving back" - Good benefits package - Fantastic products(in 143 reviews)

• "great people and company benefits(in 127 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Stability required in upper management levels required to fulfill strategic move to cloud(in 68 reviews)

• "Innovation senior management and progression(in 46 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Sage

Join the conversation on

Black Consultants

10d

a

Senior Product Manager

Why is sage Steele like this? These comments weren’t even necessary. https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/10/05/sage-steele-president-obama-race-black/

20 Comments

Tech

33.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Sage~1150
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Best Employer I've ever worked for

Jan 22, 2021 - QA Manager in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career Opportunities & D&I - Focused on doing the right thing and ensuring everyone is regularly offered and takes advantage of mandatory trained on critical topics such as Security, Quality, Diversity and Inclusion. Provide access to multiple online and webinar trainings to develop their People. Technology - a huge variety of tech' and a driving movement towards Cloud offering yet more opportunities from Salesforce, .Net, C#, Java, JS, Angular, REST, API's, Selenium etc. Comp' & Benefits - tangible bonus system that you have control over a proportion of making personal responsibility a key attribute of their employees. This sparks people on to giving their best. I could go on for days. Culture and Values - Satisfaction surveys where actions is promptly taken. Sensible Senior Management - Switched on, smart, capable and care about their people (not resources). Fully recognise the value we all bring and are appreciative at every opportunity. Covid - absolutely outstanding in caring for staff health and wellbeing, avoided Furlough, protected jobs, considerate of everyone's situation and been fantastic with comm's, updates, flexibility and resources such as free Mindfulness app. Work/Life Balance - Incredibly supportive of this with flexible hours, open conversations on concerns in this area and help always available from managers to juggle the Covid new world we live in. Additionally (unprompted) offered 3 additional wellbeing days off on top of annual leave to spend on caring for ourselves so we bring our best selves to work every day. I've worked for many employers from start-ups to blue chip and rarely do I wax lyrical about how good an employer is, as I have high standards. Sage has regularly exceeded these in my 4 years here.

Cons

None that I can think of. Big company making big changes but somehow manage to have that small startup touch.

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Lots of opportunities to grow

Oct 12, 2021 - Software Engineer Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Working (options to work from home). Competitive Salary and Bonus package. Lots of opportunities to work across the business and develop diverse skills

Cons

Management Top Heavy - a lot of chiefs, resulting in lots of duplicated communications and a lack of clarity around what is import.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Warm, Engaging and Driven Workplace!!

Oct 12, 2021 - Marketing Apprentice in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The teams throughout the company are warm, welcoming and accepting of everyone. -They understand how to better you as a candidate and focus on both driving both business and personal growth. -Flexible Working makes life at Sage easier.

Cons

Honestly, there are very few cons if any that I can think of at this moment.

4. 5.0

Innovation

Oct 11, 2021 - Product Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Continual innovation to provide best in class solutions to accountants & bookkeepers

Cons

Complex structure makes processes challenging

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Can't wait to see what the future holds!

Oct 11, 2021 - Graduate Product Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a new starter, these answers are based on my initial experience, opinions from my friends/family and data that I've gathered from researching the company. Culture > The main reason why I was attracted to Sage. It was encouraging to see that their culture is just as explained. Sage have an amazing culture with a great support network. WFH > My role (like most) comes with a WFH/Office hybrid system. Rewards > Sage invests a large amount into these rewards and new/tenured employees can make the most from these. Sage Foundation > X amount of days a year to volunteer, company donation matching?! many more! There are many more Pros* but I've listed most of my favourites above,

Cons

As a new starter, these answers are based on my initial experience, opinions from my friends/family and data that I've gathered from researching the company. I don't want to be that guy but I'm unable to think about any Cons*

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Reflecting on last year at Sage

Oct 11, 2021 - Director Talent Acquisition in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Organisation does work hard to be fair and honest with colleagues even in times of change where jobs are impacted. There is a real acknowledgement that people are different and enforcing one set of rules will not work for all, Sage has worked really hard to get all involved in the processes for returning to offices. Colleagues genuinely care about each other and leaders, managers and colleagues do the right thing in their decision making - despite most of my time working at Sage has been during lockdown I have great relationships and friendships at work and have fun most days which makes all the difference!

Cons

The organisation is working to change - sometimes this doesn't happen quickly enough, sometimes when it does move at pace there is a bit of chaos and confusion..... there is duplication in the organisation and a lack of clear accountabilities over some activities.

Global TA Director

Thank you very much for your feedback; we appreciate your input and the opportunity to understand better how we can improve. Please do also make use of Pulse surveys to keep your feedback coming.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best company

Oct 7, 2021 - Real Time Analyst in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything. I have nothing bad to say. Family feel at Sage. Brilliant company if your looking for a successful WELL PAID career.

Cons

None. Everything is brilliant. Keep doing what your doing Sage

Global TA Director

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to be employed by

Sep 30, 2021 - Coaching Associate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very inclusive and supportive community

Cons

I have no negative feedback

9. 5.0

Enjoy working here

Oct 1, 2021 - User Experience Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Sage People XD team is great to work with, very diverse individuals and everyone gets on well, really good team spirit and morales. Brilliant manager, really cares about the team as a whole and individuals, always does their best for the team. Company has been great during the pandemic, providing all necessary equipment to wfh and no push to work in the office if not yet comfortable to do so. Exciting positive improvements are happening.

Cons

Some typical big corporation awkward processes but overall a positive place to work for.

10. 2.0

Difficult times ahead

Oct 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues Good development opportunities Impressive new office in Newcastle, UK Open communication from Steve Hare even in difficult times, to be commended. Steve is happy to take the tough questions during global calls with all employees.

Cons

Lack of flexibility as we return to offices, very basic approach to "experimentation" which essentially means return to office X number of days per week. Troublesome times for all colleagues following recent announcements of redundancies, with seemingly no plan or strategy for the year ahead.

7 people found this review helpful

Global TA Director

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your feedback. Our approach to flexible working will evolve as we experiment, learn and adapt our ways of working together and is driven by input from our colleagues. As you mention, we have recently announced some changes to our business that result from us shifting our investments towards those areas that are foundational to Sage’s long-term success and simplifying our business so we can go faster and make it easier for customers to use Sage solutions, and for colleagues to serve those customers. We recognise that these changes may be difficult and will listen to the feedback of our colleagues and customers as we move through the process.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,811 Reviews