Capgemini Reviews

4.2
Capgemini CEO Aiman Ezzat
Aiman Ezzat
Pros
Cons
  • "Low salary hike for existing employees(in 646 reviews)

• "There is no cons for the company(in 572 reviews)

1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"Flexible, Adaptable and Focus on People"

Current Employee - Learning Business Partner in London, England

I have been working at Capgemini part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked for Capgemini for almost 10 years now and have been lucky enough to have moved around the business in some great roles. The main plus point about Capgemini is that if you want to develop then there are lots of opportunities to be able to do this. There has recently been a huge investment with a brand new training platform which is intuitive, makes learning easy and sociable - exactly what we need in the world right now. I personally have found that Capgemini have adapted so well to the new world that we are now living in and the organisation has been so flexible with me. Working part time during lockdown with 2 children has been very challenging but I cannot fault the support I have received during this time. The opportunities are endless and its all about networking and owning your own career. What you put into your role here you certainly get out and if you want to progress your career, learn and develop it’s a great place to be.

Cons

There are lots of systems that are used which can mean you have to log into several applications. Having said that there is work going on to change some of this and you get used to it very quickly.

Capgemini Response

July 23, 2020

Thank you for posting a review, and for sharing how your career has developed and grown at Capgemini over the last decade. Lockdown has been tough for everyone, especially those with caring responsibilities, and it's great to hear that you've been so well supported during this time. We greatly appreciate and value the hard work and effort put in by all of over remote working employees over the last few months.

"Welcoming company"

Current Employee - Induction Coordinator in Woking, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time

Pros

I've been working for Capgemini for over 4 months now and I started just before the UK lock down. Everyone has been so welcoming when we was in the office and have continued to so virtually which is nice. How the company have adapted from working from home as been excellent, there is so much support for everyone. I've really enjoyed my time so far and I look forward to getting back to face 2 face working once it is safe to do so.

Cons

I've got nothing bad to say about Capgemini. The employees are very kind and welcoming and will help you and support you if you need it.

3. "Senior Consultant - Financial Services"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Capgemini full-time

Pros

You get to work with some really talented individuals and can develop an excellent network, especially if you decide to stay in the industry long-term. You will stretch yourself as you are simultaneously expected to deliver on client site, contribute to running the practice, develop knowledge assets, and participate in the sales process to meet your KPIs and succeed in the quarterly review process. There is a good scope to assume greater responsibilities if you demonstrate initiative and drive things. You can end up running several extracurricular initiatives and adding a lot of value to the practice as well as creating a positive reputation for yourself. The salary is somewhat competitive, there are decent matched pension contributions, good corporate benefits such as GymPass and the company sponsors your qualifications.

Cons

There is usually very limited scope to roll off a project that has outlived its purpose and you no longer enjoy but keeps bringing revenue to the practice. In general, the variety of projects was poor. Most tackled bread and butter transformation or regulatory compliance issues without the opportunity to work on emerging trends and apply the latest technology. It often came down to people threatening to resign or resigning to roll off a project. Most likely you will be spending Mon-Thurs on the client site and traveling there on a weekly or daily basis. While travel itself could be fun, the novelty wears off after half a year and many locations are in the middle of nowhere. There was a perennial issue of poor people managers who excel at delivery or technical skills but have no interest or ability to manage reportees and promote their interests during the performance review sessions. This led to performance feedback not trickling back to the associates and them not being able to change perceptions or address issues. As with any other consulting job, you will have to consider the mental and physical burnout that may result from constant travel and juggling client work and practice contribution.

4. "It varies"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time

Pros

Range of clients, Exciting projects

Cons

Lots of hotels, often long hours

5. "Recruitment during COVID-19"

2.0
    Former Employee - Graduate Technology Consultant in London, England

I worked at Capgemini full-time for less than a year

Pros

Passed all interview stages for the 2020 Graduate programme in April. Had appositive experience at the virtual assessment centre. Assessors were friendly and helpful.

Cons

After receiving the news that I'd passed all interview stages, I was told that I wouldn't receive my official start date just yet due to COVID-19 complications, however the offer will come in due course. I then received a phone call from recruitment a few months later to say I won't receive the offer until 2021. Since then, recruitment have ignored all of my emails and have completely left me in the dark in regards to what is happening. I received confusing, mixed messages from HR and felt the procedure was changing day to day. I now do not have much confidence that I will ever receive an offer from them, despite passing all interview stages.

6. "Great"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time

Pros

Great company culture for people

Cons

N/A nothing really bad to say

7. "Great work environment"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Scala Developer in Worthing, South East England, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time

Pros

Very good working environment, no real hierarchical pressure. I feel as though my opinions are valued. Really good cross collaboration between teams, knowledge sharing etc. Loads of great training.

Cons

Can be quite corporate at times with mid year/end year review process, can be quite tiresome.

"Good company to work for."

Managing Solution Architect in London, England

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

Flexibility. People focused. Decent pay.

Cons

Highly federated. Slow communication. Risk averse.

9. "Its Consulting company"

Current Employee - Senior SAP Ariba Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for less than a year

Pros

Can learn lot from several projects

Cons

Hide culture with employees and managers

10. "Good community"

Former Employee - Consultant in Birmingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Capgemini full-time

Pros

The Community, networking, learning opportunities.

Cons

The Type of different projects.

Found 13389 reviews