Capgemini Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.3
Capgemini CEO and Director Paul Hermelin
Paul Hermelin
  1. Featured Review

"Future Leaders Programme has helped me to unleash my full potential!"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in London, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being part of 2019 Future Leaders Programme has been an amazing journey for myself. I have built up my confidence and learnt how to manage the barriers that were preventing me from being the best version of myself. Who would have thought that replacing 'but' by 'yes and' would unleash an unlimited amount of creativity in every leaders' mind? This 8-month journey has also allowed me to gained a strong and long-term network of peers that I can now reach for support, for further active inclusion activities as well as for creating new opportunities within Capgemini.

Cons

You must be in charge of your career to grow at Capgemini. Nothing will happen without your own efforts.

Capgemini2019-12-09
  2. "Great people and opportunities"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Woking, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Capgemini part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for Capgemini on a permanent and contract basis for almost 20 years, I have worked for other organisations alongside and in between, but it really is one of the better places to work. I'd always recommend people to consider CG, there is flexibility, they are working hard on employee engagement, good benefits and a supportive environment. Many people stay a long time and/or return - which I think speaks for itself. Lots of opportunities to move, alter career etc all within a global organisation. If you have energy and aptitude you'll be rewarded here.

Cons

It's always changing - like any large organisation, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! It's fast paced and you'll work hard but there is flexibility.

Advice to Management

Continue keeping employees front and centre - motivated, happy teams will reward the business many times over.

Capgemini2020-01-17
  3. "Excellent Experience as a Capegmini Degree Apprentice"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Holmes Chapel, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My degree is paid for by the company. I get a competitive wage (25k+), much higher than anyone else my age! Very flexible-it does depend on what client you work for however I'm onto my third and I've never had problems getting time off when needed. Still get paid when you're between projects. I still have a year and a half left of my degree and once I'm finished I have a permanent role with the company. Lots of opportunities to travel, I have never worked in one place for over a year, been up and down the country. Great benefits for example can buy holiday days. Get all travel, accommodation and food paid for when working away and usually have work from home Fridays to encourage work life balance.

Cons

A little slow with my promotions-I'm about 6 month behind my peers through no fault of my own just due to not being on a project for first part of year. Sometimes takes a while to get moved onto projects so sit 'on the bench'. If you don't like travel this isn't the role for you, I thought i would be working out of Manchester however I've only been to the Manchester office twice since I started 3 1/2 years ago, you work on client site mainly. Usually stay away monday-thurs in the week while on client site.

Capgemini2020-01-08
  4. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worthing, South East England, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time

Pros

Flexible working Great benefits Generally nice colleagues

Cons

The work is limited to SAP

Capgemini2020-01-19

"Capgemini is a supportive company that encourages you to challenge yourself"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Telford, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have a number of health issues that have affected me over the last 13 years with Capgemini and the company has been nothing but supportive through all of them. I have been able to forge my own career path moving from a technical role to a project manager. I had no doubt that if I wanted to change my career once again then Capgemini would be supportive of this. Flexible working is entirely possible and it makes working life so much easier when both parties can be flexible.

Cons

As with any large company, there are a few managers that aren't well equipped for their role and this can impact on teams. However, Capgemini will act when made aware of issues such as this.

Advice to Management

Ensure your management chain is conscious of any weak links and act accordingly.

Capgemini2019-12-16
  6. "Good Company but not upto the par in terms of salary"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Company, Flexible Working, No Work pressure

Cons

Less salary Micro management No working from home options

Advice to Management

believe in your employees to allow them to WFH Offer higher salaries if you want to retain good employees

Capgemini2020-01-02
  7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Service Delivery Lead in Telford, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company values, opportunities and training

Cons

You need to be mobile

Capgemini2019-12-17
  8. "Not the best"

Current Employee - Salesforce Developer in Holborn, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Flexible - Generous Pension Scheme - Company Expense Policy

Cons

- Lack of projects / new work. - Poor Leadership, never to be seen! - Poor Promotion model

Advice to Management

Get new leadership together, that actually have a focus on building their staff.

Capgemini2020-01-20
  9. "Challenging working environment"

Former Employee - Portfolio Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Capgemini full-time for less than a year

Pros

Global with lots of opportunities

Cons

Threat centred management, poor communicators.

Advice to Management

Address threat centred culture

Capgemini2019-12-30

"The best place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Capgemini is easily the best places I have ever worked, and I have been round the block a few times! Flexible, supportive, provide great training and genuine choice of work when they are able to provide it.

Cons

The same as for any consulting organisation - travel and being away from home, but they do try and locate you as close to home as possible

Capgemini2019-12-11