Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE Interview Questions

Updated 25 Apr 2018

2.8

Marketing Role Interview

Interview

Recruitment here seems pretty incompetent.

An HPE recruiter reached out to me and encouraged me to apply for a position. I did so and informed the recruiter that I had submitted my application. Despite attempting to follow up several times I never heard back. Eventually I received an automated email telling me that my application had been rejected.

I certainly don’t expect to automatically be offered a job wherever I apply but asking me to apply for a role and then going dark is both unprofessional and shows a lack of basic courtesy.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

- Series of phone interviews with HR and different levels of management
    - two case studies for individual work

The interview was a smooth process, conducted in a friendly atmosphere

Interview Questions

• - basic IT infrastructure questions
      - customer handling situations   Answer Question

Network R&D Interview

Interview

Interviewer was super patient and super sweet. Interview was straight forward. Asked questions on my resume. Asked C programming questions. The process was easy, a quick phone interview, which lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How will you check if a string is a palindrome using a Linked List?   Answer Question

Hardware IoT (Junior) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position about two months ago online but no one referred me to the hiring manager. It was a simple application on their website. I was contacted two weeks ago by the hiring manager. He called me and asked me some general interest questions. Then he contacted me last week about a day and time for a job interview. I was at the HPE campus all day from 9AM to 4PM. I interviewed with seven different people including the hiring manager. It was a lot of talking but it was well worth it. The following Monday, the Corporate Recruiter emailed me in the morning say he would call me to discuss a few things. He called me later that afternoon and told me I essentially got the job and asked for my salary requirements and we discussed some benefits. He later told me that the next step is getting that job offer letter from HR and to discuss benefits. So if a recruiter emails you about a call, then it's a good sign. Otherwise, you will probably get an automated email saying that you didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• They all asked me about the internship I had with HPE but with a different division. Some of them asked me what I liked doing during my free time. A lot of them admired that I had some programming skills. One of them asked about my humility saying, "I know that you're in grad school right now and some grad students expect to do all of the engineering work but how comfortable would you feel if we had to give you some grunt work?" Another one asked me to go up on the board and draw the important parts of computer architecture and to provide an example for each important part. A lot of them asked me about my senior design project. A lot of them asked me about a time where I had a project and things weren't going the way I wanted to. Some of them asked me what they believe my weaknesses are and what my strengths are. The hiring manager asked me some questions during our lunch and he just asked me about my experience with VHDL programming and we talked a lot about some technical stuff. One of them asked me where I saw myself in five years. Some of them asked me why I studied electrical engineering and where my influence came from. Most of them explained to me what this team did and how everyone practically does everything not they're not limited to being a software engineer or a hardware engineer or a mechanical engineer, etc. One of them gave me a brief tour of their labs. Each person I interviewed with was a 1 on 1 in the same room. The room had some hardware inside. And some of them talked about the hardware they were working on. I managed to show my knowledge and I was able to point out a few things within the hardware that common within all electronics (they never asked me anything about their hardware because they didn't expect me to know their products).

The interviews were pretty easy and there weren't any questions where I had to really think about. I knew how to answer each question right away and I was given a lot of time to explain my senior project and some of the questions they asked me. My advice is to bring some water because you will be talking a lot. These interviews are not meant to trick you nor make you unwelcome or feel dumb. Remember that the reason why you have an interview in the first place is that they believe that you're potentially a good fit for the team.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Two interviews. I don't really remember specific question since it was so long ago. I believe they asked strengths and weaknesses. Current activities. At the time I was getting ready to graduate from college. They asked me what I would do if I didn't get the job.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screen from team manager and if the interest seems mutual there is a take home coding challenge they let you take your time with. Then, when you send your project and they review the code and like what they see, they ask you for an onsite. The onsite consists of meeting with the team starting from the team manager to the tech lead to teammates who all evaluate your technical skills as well as ask you about the type of person you are.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, emailed me back a week or two later and had a prescreen interview, toured the campus, and had to email them to find out that I had not been selected after several weeks.

Interview Questions

• Mostly talked about previous experience and a few technical questions.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

I had an interview on the phone. Questions were non technical, like "What is your debugging process?" and "What kind of projects have you worked on ?". Then I had an onsite interview. The only question that that I remember was the water jug problem. No technical questions, just talked about stuff on my resume.

Interview Questions

• You are given two jugs, a 4-gallon one and a 3-gallon one, a pump which has unlimited water which you can use to fill the jug, and the ground on which water may be poured. Neither jug has any measuring markings on it. How can you get exactly 2 gallons of water in the 4-gallon jug?   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

First got called for an in person interview via email with hiring managers. Next was a phone interview with HR Recruiter. The process was quick as they were looking to fill the position asap.

Interview Questions

• Define leadership?
      What's the most challenging project you've come across? What are the two learnings you got from it?
      What if a team member is not performing well? what would you do?
      Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Custom Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Fairly typical. First interview was with a board asking technical questions regarding project management. Second interview was with the director and it was more or less getting a feel for if your personality is going to be a match. After a week, I received a phone call from HR with an offer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.