Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE

1,148 Interview Reviews

2.8

Sales Development Representative Interview

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out via email then we set up an initial phone screening. We set up a time to speak and she called me 30 minutes late and I had to reschedule because the phone call was then conflicting with my schedule since she called me late. Then, we rescheduled and she called me late again but this time a whole hour late. She briefly apologized and we continued with the phone call but I had a bad first impression. After our conversation, she proceeded to tell me I would hear back from someone in 2-3 weeks and I never heard anything at all even after following up multiple times. Worst interview experience I have ever had.

Marketing Content Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The process was very swift. I applied and then was contacted by HR within two days and I was giving an interview date. My interview took place via Skype and the person that interviewed me was very easy to talk and welcoming. Had two more interviews with one other person and was given an offer within two weeks of the whole process.

SAP IT Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

3 rounds of technical with several team members, director & VP.

The recruiter was about to extend the offer on Monday, the position went on hold on Tuesday (in May 2020). I have seen other SAP-related roles posted by the company after this but this role is still in hold.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied through the website, was later contacted by a recruiter for a quick phone call, was asked to type and answer questions prior to speaking to the manager twice, because she had “accidentally” sent me the wrong set of questions.
    Later interviewed with the manager and never heard back. Reached out to the manager and recruiter separately two weeks later and never responded.

This is the second time I have interviewed with HPE and both times I have been ignored after the interview with the manager. This seems to be very common with HPE and I find it very surprising such good company would allow their outsourced recruiting company “Korn Ferry” to treat potential prospects like that.

Intern Marketing Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule the first round of interview with the hiring manager within 24 hrs. The interview with the hiring manager was smooth with mostly behavioral questions. But the recruiting team took 3 weeks to get back to give an update on an interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

I received a phone call from a lady asking if I was still open to working for HPE and had an initial screening with her. The next day I received an email from the recruiter whose department I was going to be working in. She asked me for availability and a sample of work that I had done, for example, a flyer, PowerPoint, or a writing piece. I promptly sent her an email back with my availability and work. For a whole week, I did not receive any correspondence from her. I emailed her asking for a follow-up while also I contacted the lady who had done the phone screening. After waiting seven days and two days before our supposed interview, the recruiter finally replied to my email. She said that she had found out last week that they decided to another location and that she would reach out to me if they decided to have an internship at the location I had applied to.

As someone who is in college looking for opportunities for the summer and who is an HR major, I am distraught by the way that their HR department has handled this situation. The lack of professionalism that they have shown in the three times that I have had some correspondence with them shows me that they have a long way to go in terms of development. Something like the location of the internship is decided when you initially come up with a job description and qualifications. I would never want to work for a company and people like this. To new interns or people applying to this place, please be careful and don't get your hopes up when they call you asking for an interview.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I wasn't going to write a review for this experience as I only had the phone screening, but my experience was so bad that I felt that it would be pertinent to the company and future candidates to know. I had my phone screening in February 2020, and it went really well. The recruiter told me that the hiring manager wanted to set up an interview with me, but they ended up filling the original role I applied to, so I was told to submit my application to another role with the same title, but different requisition number. I then was taken on this long journey of back and forth with the recruiter in an attempt to get an interview set up, and he kept leading me on with stories and confusion around the entire process. This went on for two months before I finally gave up trying to give that friendly reminder. The recruiter never reached back out after I gave up.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

Apply via website. About two weeks later get call from recruiter to walk through resume and tell you about the role. From there set up a meeting with hiring manager to further dive into the role, background, and sales experience. Really enjoyed the conversation, but that is where my process ended. Well not officially as I never received any feedback or message letting me know about next steps or if I wasn't moving forward. Sounds like this is a common experience so don't be surprised if they ghost you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your sales experience.
      What do you know about the company and the role?
      Do you know anyone at HPE?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

Applied online and received an email about a phone call along with a form to fill out about general questions on veterancy. They then proceeded about info on an internship about where you would be working.

Marketing Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE in December 2019.

Interview

Very lengthy interview process with roundabout communication from hiring manager and recruiters. Despite listing position to be based in San Jose, they quickly changed it to Austin. After four 30 min to 1 hour interviews, I was told I had made it to the "2nd round" and was then ghosted by the recruiter and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach conducting a digital marketing campaign? What first steps would you take?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.